Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Re: Stewards take note.

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Fans from Northern France have been telling Catalans and Toulon fan that their tradition of making as much noise as they can during penalty kicks is not welcome everywhere, but they insist that the "bronca" is in their culture.

I bet the fat guy with the drum kept banging his instrument too. I am afraid you have to accept the Catalans with their qualities - passion - and their shortcomings - noisy passion. :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

In Paris we insist on a certain level of silence during the penalty kicks. It is not Munster, but it sounds respectful. But then Paris differs from all the rest of the rugby corporation in France. :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
bazzwick
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by bazzwick »

WhitecapTiger wrote:
yellow_balaclava_hunter wrote:In previous years I have often reported people to the stewards for booing kickers

I found that the 'shushers' made far more noise than those being 'shushed' today, not for the first time.
Amen to that - A good example being the bloke who shouted 'shhaaarrrup' from the Crumbie Terrace towards the USAP supporters in the top corner of CAT stand , thus creating more of a distraction than they were :smt017

Having said that , during the second half , we had some kids in a hospitality box shouting racist abuse towards the USAP supporters in the Goldsmith's stand which was unpleasant . . Parents inside hammering the free grog,watching the game on the TV screen , children on the balcony area . Not a particularly nice experience .
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

bazzwick wrote:Having said that, during the second half, we had some kids in a hospitality box shouting racist abuse towards the USAP supporters in the Goldsmith's stand which was unpleasant.
Did you report it?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
peeje

Post by peeje »

To yellow_balaclava_hunter: Just to you know, stewards cannot do anthing about the people who make any kind of noise during kicks being taken.
el trombono
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by el trombono »

Yellow hat man, I would like to piggyback on your campaign if I may. Yesterday some people sat next to me had a rug which really spoiled my enjoyment. It was the colour more than anything else...... do you think I can encourage the stewards to remove these execrables and anyone else sporting "inappropriate" rugs?

If we let this sort of thing go our traditions will be in tatters.

Oh, and as for the numptie in the A&L stand waving the England flag, what was that all about????
Behind You!
apps

Post by apps »

To make amends i get my two boy's to be quite when the game on the telly so for when i get the chance to take to the a game when i am back home (in Cyprus @ the mo with the army) they know how to conduct themslefs at a game.

There only 4 & 8 but know not to shout out when tigers are playing only when the supporters are doing it lol.

Those who do shout out boos then i am more than happy to do this :smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt067 :smt067
TIGERS RULE WELFORD ROAD NO MAN CAN STOP THEM IN THERE WAY TO MORE SILVER
Stupid

Post by Stupid »

Having never played at fly half nor in front of more than a dozen supporters, maybe I'm missing something. However, I always thought it would be more unnerving taking a kick with 24,000 people silently watching you than to have them booing or cheering depending on who they support. I don't want to dismiss the culture of not booing the kicker (I never do it myself), but I'm not going to lose sleep over the opposition doing it.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

I was very impressed with the French team from our pool last season (can't remember who it was though) they respected the silence for the Tiger's kicker but made noise for their own.

I thought that was a great respect for our tradition whilst not losing any of their own.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

That was Clermont Ferrand. Another "Northern" team (North of river Loire is the roundy ball territory). They are relatively quiet during penalties and they clap hands when their kicker takes his shot. They've asked Brock James the permission to do it and he said it was OK with him. The hands clapping help him focusing.
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
valerie

Post by valerie »

:smt018 may i say that there are no rules stating that a steward has the powers to remove a supporter for making a noise, verbal abuse yes and foul language yes, and causing a disturbence yes. health and safety is the main issue, the club always expect total quiteness when a player from either side takes a kick at goal but it do's not always happern. as for a steward removing a supporter for being noisey i do not think so :smt045
valerie

Post by valerie »

it's still in the letter box :smt048
TigerS2 wrote:Where has my Post gone?
:smt038
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

apps wrote:To make amends i get my two boy's to be quite
You get your boys to be quite what? Appreciative, analytical? Or quiet?

:smt005
Still keeping the faith!
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

I thought the most comical "shushing" was when the Perpignan fans were doing it for their own kicker and some overly self-impotent people tried to shush them! It was their own kicker they can do what they like! (Yes it is a deliberate spelling mistake!)
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
NaptonTiger
Tiger Cub

Post by NaptonTiger »

Bill W (2) wrote:In France, booing/cheering the kicker is de rigeur!!

Well they do it all the time anyway!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
What's the French for "de rigeur"?

What happened to the USAP supporter at Welford Rd with the big drum? I saw him outside the ground but didn't hear him inside. Was his drum confiscated by the shush police?