Perpignan v Tigers

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Perpignan v Tigers

Post by wardy »

Don't often agree with you g but you are very right on the subject of Alex. He was pretty damn awful today. He didn't even seem to want to tackle, never alone effectively.

Also agree with previous posts about Smurph and Chutes. There were so many stupid, silly mistakes today from well nigh everyone. We can't possibly be that bad again next week at the fortress - can we?
Give blood, play rugby!!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Tuilagi did put in a crucial tackle. One where he showed Marty the outside, and still put in a great tackle to save a try. Didnt get involved as much as I would have liked though. Probably due to us being in our own half for most of the game.

We took points from most of our attacks however. Encouraging. Chuter and Murphy had bad days, and Cole had a tough time in the scrum. Castro needs to start next week I feel. Perpignan pack was very strong, and our setpiece let us down too often.

Need to improve for next week!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Why did I think this match was on tomorrow :smt017 glad we got a LBP at least.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

What a weird game - never seen so many Tigers mistakes. Lets put it down to some tremendous pressure from USAP and leave it at that !!

Next sunday will likely be the same team, but with Castro & Cole swapped. Lets hope the boys sort it out and show the home crowd how they really want to play....

Having said that, we did really well to get the LBP in the end and trying to force the win at the death showed some guts too !

TTT was immense, Deacs & Skivs went well - the rest will have something to prove in the return :smt023
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

agree with comments about alex being poor and was surprised he wasnt replaced. Youngs didnt have his best game but made some good breaks just made wrong decisions from them. The try was good and the lineout was mostly solid. Most worrying was the scrum and i dont think the pack will be happy with themselves tigers should never get that close to conceding a penalty try in the scrum. Castro needs to start but cole needs to be given a good run out as well to put things right. At welford road with a loud crowd we can win the return leg and win it well we need to pull out another performance like we did against scarlets and we will be in prime position to top the group.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Listened to Scott Q at half time. Lewis was conned!

Mind you those fast french hands in open play worry me...where's the pace from the tigers? we look like cart horses by comparison.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

A fairly poor performance, but still a good deal better than last years effort away at ASM.

We will beat them comfortably at home.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I was at the DK / Stratford match but have this recorded. Should i watch I wonder ?:)
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Of course you have to watch it, then say not a point gained but two lost by sloppy mistakes.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

jgriffin wrote:Can I point out that the Perpignan front row often get penalised by French refs - especially Mas who is a notorious borer. Alun Lewis wouldn't have a clue.
Yes but Tigers should have known that and handled it better. :smt011

As we were obviously having problems in the scrum but doing pretty well in the lineout then why didn't we kick for the corners more often and compete. :smt017

Is it just me but I find Floods decison making and kicking from hand is often poor. :smt009

Think we were lucky really to get the LPB. :smt001
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
hugh78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by hugh78 »

Looked like we had been told to just go for it/force it. Nearly backfired! We could have played more conservatively and got the same result more comfortably. I think we will be alright next week, could be Manu time though - not a lot of point of having Alex on the pitch if he is not going to be used much and fumbles when he does.
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

No Barson, not just you. We got away with mucking around with the ball in our own half in the last couple of minutes once and then Toby took that short drop out. What on earth was that about. Expect better of an international 10, in fact would expect more nous from a schoolboy 10.
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

I thought Flood was supposed to have better 'game management' than billy - you wouldn't have thought it on today's showing . if Billy was at 10 today we would have had 12 points in long range kicks during the first 25 mins .
adamv6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by adamv6 »

Never seen 2 hookers sent off at the same time! Interesting interpretation of what was happening.

Cole was holding / twisting Freshwater, putting pressure on Tincu and Mas was boring in on Chuter. If anything the sending off should have been of Tincu. The pressure on the hookers only came because of the two tightheads.

But what do I know, I am just a lowly supporter/x-backrow forward. :smt018

Good game, but I could have flown out there and smacked Smurph when he set that ball back instead of taking it into touch. :smt013
JGriffin - "The outright winner was the ref who blew himself inside out."
http://incoherenttwaddle.blogspot.com/