Tigers v Ospreys

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Ospreys

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

MurphysLaw wrote:Even if you disregard the added bonus of a Trophy and a Heiny place (which we might yet rue) I recall reading somewhere that the LV= competition (or it's equivilent) was the most lucrative to win.
I thought it was stated that due to how the TV money etc was divvied you lose money to go to semis/finals due to the prize pot being so low.

I might be mis-remembering though
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

So for those who have never played the game and looking at this thread it's most of you.Do you think stabbing your young players in the back is the way to go?,off with their heads?

SHAMEFULL absolute shamefull.

Never been on the end of a stuffing before?well I have and I can stil remember the feeling over thirty years later.We lost again,but we all learnt something that day and never took a beating like that(we lost 60 -0)again.
These players need a pat on the back,not a kick in the nuts from some pompous overbearing whingeing adults(I asume you are),who should have the good grace to know better.
A fan sticks with his chosen club for life,never wavers,those that are wavering are not fans.
Constructive critiscm is one thing,spitting your dummy out is non productive childishness.
rant over
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

I agree with your sentiments Tigerburnie. We should be fans for life, not just for good times. As Tigers fans we have been blessed that we have had many more good times than bad in the last ten years (compared to any other English club).

We need to accept that the LV cup is being used to give game time and experience to the fringe and younger players, in the hope that they will one day be able to step up to the first team proper. Given that it is said you learn more in defeat, they should all be doing very well on that front!

At the end of the day, the salary cap will always make it hard to fight on three fronts and I'd rather see Tigers win the Aviva premiership and Heineken cup than the LV.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Bill W (2) wrote:
seldomrong wrote:
rugger wrote: I agree the youth deserve a chance but they were rubbish last night to be honest. We all support the tigers no point pretending.

I haven't got the stamina to read the previous 116 posts but surely you are not including George Ford in saying "they were rubbish"????????????????? :smt017
IMHO there were three players who did OK.

The three half backs.
Ford did good - very good considering he had to feed on scraps. His out of hand kicking was as good as any other 10 at WR especially in those conditions. He will do well and I for one would put him on the bench in the prem games to get more experience. Hurrell and Armes did well too. As for the rest - suck it up, put it in context and improve. Youngsters need to be bloodied early and the LV cup is an ideal opportunity.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:I WAS AT THE GAME!

Can some of the idiots on this forum get real?

:smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
I WATCHED THE GAME ON TV.

You want us to be real idiots?

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Still keeping the faith!
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Yes some of us on here can get real and just as it is not done to pillory the inexperienced youngsters who were thrown in at the deep end. So we shouldn't pretend that some of the displays on Friday night were acceptable from experienced Tigers players.

I saw two appalling missed first up tackles from Dan HIpkiss on their flyhalf that led to two tries, he is not an inexperienced youngster.

Neither is Ben Piennar, there was no leadership from him on Friday night setting the standard needed for the rest to follow, instead I would suggest Tom Armes was more of a leader.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Crumblies wrote:I saw two appalling missed first up tackles from Dan HIpkiss on their flyhalf that led to two tries, he is not an inexperienced youngster.
The first one wasnt his fault. The man inside him should have made the tackle. Hipkiss was then left flailing trying to pick up the pieces. Not Hipkiss' best game though.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Tigerburnie, are you saying your signature quote should not apply to all Tigers teams ?
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Bill W (2) wrote:
jgriffin wrote:I WAS AT THE GAME!

Can some of the idiots on this forum get real?

:smt019 :smt019 :smt019 :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
I WATCHED THE GAME ON TV.

You want us to be real idiots?

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
SO DID I!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Bristol Tiger wrote:I agree with your sentiments Tigerburnie.
We should be fans for life, not just for good times.
As Tigers fans we have been blessed that we have had many more good times than bad in the last ten years (compared to any other English club).

At the end of the day, the salary cap will always make it hard to fight on three fronts and I'd rather see Tigers win the Aviva premiership and Heineken cup than the LV.
I think most posters have been fans for longer than ten years and remember the bad times when we always lost to Bath at crucial games :smt022 :smt022

I understand we have peaks and troughs but these silly LV games where we don't even play our group is rediculous. As i said I'd rather have the old English cup back and travel to exotic locations like Cornwall, Orrell etc etc

Once a TIGER always a TIGER and no matter how poor we are I still wear the Badge and new corporate Logo with pride at all time. :smt039 :smt045
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Have watched the game today, my conclusions are:

Hipkiss very, very poor & uninterested at times (at Half Time he had the cleanest shirt)

Armes & Hemmingway played well & deserve further exposure, Everard looked good as well for his short time on the pitch.

All the props did Ok till there legs went with 10mins to go.

Forsyth needs to play more Rugby, Ford very neat & tidy & also needs to play more games at a Higher Level, Harrison looks class & should be No.2 SH by Seasons End, if not before.

Green looked back in form, he is the succesor to Johno & Deacon at 4.

Hawkins excellent, Piennar & Duffey are just not good enough.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Wayne Richardson Fan Club wrote:Hemmingway played well & deserve further exposure,
blimey thats a first :smt042 cos hes rubbish at Notts :smt019
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well I didn't go and I can't see any way I'm going to pay full ticket prices to watch the kind of tosh served up by Tigers last Friday. I stopped watching at half time it was so bad. It's not acceptable to have Tigers getting stuffed in that way, it undermines the whole ethos of the club.

I don't agree that the LV cup should be treated just as a development competition, after all it is the only English (now + Welsh) cup competition we have. We already have a development team and competition and extra games can always be added to those but they should be clearly accepted as development matches, not this charade we now have of charging it as a proper match but then sending the third team.

As for some of those that played then probably best if there was a bit a of a review here as it seems some of them aren't that interested in playing for Tigers anyway when given the chance.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.