Tigers v Ospreys

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers v Ospreys

Post by Darc Tiger »

Its actually more even than the scoreline would suggest. The Ospreys had a real purple patch in the 1st half though, that killed it off as a contest. We arent disgracing ourselves.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Why can't we abstain from this competition, or the club say they see it as a development for the academy players and not to play it at WR and do it at a small club ground.

Feel we are the laughing stock and will be hammered next FRi by quins again. Every one else is taking it seriously, we are not!!

A very disappointed fan! :smt013 :smt013 :smt013
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Nobody else, barring a couple, had a high profile match midweek. It was always a big possibility when the club organises an extra fixture like that. It happened last year and we went out of the LV Cup. Nobody really cared.

Next week, we go back to the premiership with our strongest available team, at home, and order will be restored.

Some people have no sense of perspective.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

I cannot remember the last time I was so embarrassed by a Leicester away performance---certainly circa 30 years and that was in the Valleys
This disgraceful representation of our good name is beyond the pale

Hipkiss has missed a shedload of tackles --zero chance of appearing for the 1sts let alone England
Ford is frightened--just bottled out of yet another 50/50
Poor Pienaar--a transfer beckons
Ieuan Evans, commentating, has just said --Pace in Rugby is paramount
We havent any--anywhere
Some of this crew should never grace a Tigers shirt ever again
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

WHAT COLOUR SHIRTS ARE THE TIGERS PLAYING IN ? :smt006
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Another Ospreys try - grubbered behind defence and dropped on it
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Brown
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by APJones »

Its a good job the Osps can't convert
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Its true a few blokes havent stood up.

Hipkiss hasnt got hold of the ball much. Pienaar is largely anonymous. Gulliver shouldnt be sent back to the championship. Robinson doesnt look up to it either. Hawkins and Spice have been alright.

Everyone else is a youngster in very tough conditions, against a more experienced and stronger opposition team.

Its hardly surprising. But there have been good effort from a number of the younger guys. The front row arent totally disgracing themselves against a much more experienced opponents. Armes having a good game. Ford kicking very well. Forsyth has made some good breaks.

The Ospreys have just been too good tonight. They have the more experienced side, and a very strong bench. And their youngsters have largely been better than ours.

I feel some people are being too harsh.
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

At least it's just the mickey-mouse LV Cup. I don't understand why LV sponsor it when a good number of teams are missing their best players.

As for Tigers what can you expect when you play 3 games in 7 days whilst you are missing your Internationals (I know Ospreys are too).

Rugby Union wants to be classed as a professional sport yet it carries on with League and Cup games when Internationals are on......ridiculous
Simmo
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

The pain is over at 44-13 by the way. Ouch.

Taught a lesson there. Ah well. 1 less thing to worry about.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Darc Tiger wrote:Its true a few blokes havent stood up.

Hipkiss hasnt got hold of the ball much. Pienaar is largely anonymous. Gulliver shouldnt be sent back to the championship. Robinson doesnt look up to it either. Hawkins and Spice have been alright.

Everyone else is a youngster in very tough conditions, against a more experienced and stronger opposition team.

Its hardly surprising. But there have been good effort from a number of the younger guys. The front row arent totally disgracing themselves against a much more experienced opponents. Armes having a good game. Ford kicking very well. Forsyth has made some good breaks.

The Ospreys have just been too good tonight. They have the more experienced side, and a very strong bench. And their youngsters have largely been better than ours.

I feel some people are being too harsh.
Pienaar has got worse with time not better unfortunately. Personally I'd have made Hippo or Hawkins captain tonight and let Pienaar play his own game and without having to worry about the decision making.

Good to hear the front row stood up well. Couple of young heads (and necks) in their.

How did Green get on tonight? Last season he improved so much but it seems like he's not managing to keep up the same rate of improvement this year. I'm sure with more time and mentoring from some of the more experienced guys like Deacon he will shine again.

Glad to hear Armes and Forsythe had good games - these two are arguably the players we need to step up the most to help out during the 6N so as much game time as possible in the LV can only be a good thing
rob81
Tiger Cub

Post by rob81 »

Can't be too disappointed overall, there was alot of youngsters out there tonight. Ford isn't anywhere near ready for the physicality of the sport yet but by 20/21 he could be a fantastic player. The real disappointment was the more experienced guys such as Hipkiss, Spice, Pienaar and Robinson who I felt really let the boys down. Spice even made Grindal look a decent player. Thought Hawkins gave a good account of himself though. Need to get back in the winning habit asap else we could be struggling by the time the international players come back.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

Money rules the roost. Do we really need these meaningless games, which could actually give us more injury worries.

Stop playing important games in international season.

I say bring back the old ENGLISH cup format, we might get local derbies against bedford, cov or notts....mor einteresting than travelling to Bridgend!!
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

yawn!

When a lifelong supporter reaches this degree of apathy the game is in trouble!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"