Tigers v Ospreys

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Tigers v Ospreys

Post by tb1 »

butler8 wrote:nice to see all too many people over exaggerating yet again on here.

and will the guy who wont be renewing his 'sason' ticket please take his whining posts with him on his way back to franklins gardens!

we're supporters ... SUPPORT!!!!
What you are going to make of g's reaction to this game I don't know.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Its just the lack of perspective some people seem to have that is staggering.

Maybe, if I was being harsh, I would question their knowledge of rugby outside the first team.
daktari
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by daktari »

Unfortunately this is a symptom of the tensions in the game.

RFU need/want money so we have the AIs.
Clubs need cash flow so games played during AIs
Clubs need money so one off games.
English wage cap when no one else has anything near limit. 
Player burn-out

Unless a balancing act can be found, and I doubt it will, they paying public will vote with their feet. Tickets are going unsold , fans are being sold out. It is probably time to remove the LV from the season ticket and drop the price.

Scrap the AIs- less really is more.
Scrap the LV or at least offically say it is a side show and don't charge us for it.

This isn't a fault of the club or any club but the result of too many masters to serve
find a better way of life, http://www.marillion.com

marillion 19, coming ....er not sure..
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

daktari wrote:Unless a balancing act can be found, and I doubt it will, they paying public will vote with their feet. Tickets are going unsold , fans are being sold out. It is probably time to remove the LV from the season ticket and drop the price.

Scrap the LV or at least offically say it is a side show and don't charge us for it.
Agree with diagnosis. The public is already voting with its feet and not attending (Welsh, Irish and Scottish) Internationals and not attending LV games.

However, I do not believe AI's will be reduced nor do I believe the LV will be scrapped or come off the season ticket.
Still keeping the faith!
Tigerama
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tigerama »

why dont we increase the salary cap - that way we can have loads of players....

[runs off to start novel new thread that no one has thought about, god im clever me!]
hugh78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by hugh78 »

Reality bites. There is so much parity between top teams now that any mismatches will end up like this.Glorious away wins by a weakened team are a rarity, and this will be amplified if you do not have a go and play running rugby.It is strange/painful to think that we now need to 'target' matches but that is where we are.Given that I have some sympathy with the idea that a season ticket now represents less value for money BUT we have a Premiership title to defend and an HC to have a crack at. We simply do not have the money to pay for any more players and the team we put out last night would have lost to anyone away from home in the top leagues, let alone Ospreys. We must win next week and probably be going for a BP and the Australia game was vital to top up the finances given the falling attendances across the game.In that context if we win anything this year it will actually be down to excellent team management and planning. Wait until after Christmas when other teams start to feel the pace and then we'll see.
neilf
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by neilf »

Tigerama wrote:why dont we increase the salary cap - that way we can have loads of players....

[runs off to start novel new thread that no one has thought about, god im clever me!]
problem we increase the salary cap therefore need more income into the club, so do we then play even more games to generate income or up the price of the tickets to games ?
People will still be moaning that players are not getting game time due to having a larger playing squad.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

The Salary Cap excuse is a smokescreen
We just have invested very badly in some muffin players
Anyone can see that .
Plus there is no out and out pace in the entire squads, Youngs and a couple of others excepted.
There seem to be enough of you on these threads who
agree with this statement---maybe not put so bluntly
neilb

Post by neilb »

Surely you can put this game into context, it was an opportunity for the younger squad players to get game time. The intensity was greater than some of the Magners league games that will be played this year. So whether it was the Tigers or Ospreys who won the game(bearing in mind that every single bounce that could have gone for the O's did) the young talent on show was a credit to both sides.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

well I think it demonstrated how low on the scale this tournament is. Their are two reasons it keeps going. One is to give fringe players a game and the other qualification for the Heineken.
rugger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by rugger »

Norfolkexpat has called it exactly as it is. We have signed a load of championship players. I agree the youth deserve a chance but they were rubbish last night to be honest. We all support the tigers no point pretending.

We have too many 'average' players and the youth doesn't quite seem to be coming through in number or quality that I'd expect.

Could some or any of this be attributed to the loss of dusty hare and just to throw another hat in the ring one of our better coaches in previous years....Andy key.
seldomrong

Post by seldomrong »

[quote="rugger"] I agree the youth deserve a chance but they were rubbish last night to be honest. We all support the tigers no point pretending.

I haven't got the stamina to read the previous 116 posts but surely you are not including George Ford in saying "they were rubbish"????????????????? :smt017
Tigers are in my blood
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

seldomrong wrote:
rugger wrote: I agree the youth deserve a chance but they were rubbish last night to be honest. We all support the tigers no point pretending.

I haven't got the stamina to read the previous 116 posts but surely you are not including George Ford in saying "they were rubbish"????????????????? :smt017
IMHO there were three players who did OK.

The three half backs.
Still keeping the faith!
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="daktari"]Unfortunately this is a symptom of the tensions in the game.

RFU need/want money so we have the AIs.
Clubs need cash flow so games played during AIs
Clubs need money so one off games.
English wage cap when no one else has anything near limit. 
Player burn-out

Unless a balancing act can be found, and I doubt it will, they paying public will vote with their feet. Tickets are going unsold , fans are being sold out. It is probably time to remove the LV from the season ticket and drop the price.

This isn't a fault of the club or any club but the result of too many masters to serve[/quote]

If this about the money, as some posters suggest, I have some difficulty with the rationale of playing and prioritising a one-off match as opposed to trying for a good run in this competition. Even if you disregard the added bonus of a Trophy and a Heiny place (which we might yet rue) I recall reading somewhere that the LV= competition (or it's equivilent) was the most lucrative to win.
Tiger_Dad

Post by Tiger_Dad »

We're not going to win every game, especially during the AIs and 6Ns but historically we've always done OK because of team management and then gone on to win silverware consistantly.

It's understandable we want to be competitive in every game but at the moment it's difficult due to injuries, call ups and the number of games... those are the facts.

And please let’s keep last night’s game in perspective - it was a LV game of which we have no chance of winning and therefore an ideal chance to give game time to the fringe players. Win or lose, all good experience, surely.

Most supporters understand the ups and downs of a season and the facts are Tigers continue to be the bench mark for the rest of the premiership and most of Europe, therefore the club/ management can't be doinging too much wrong..

Suggest a little more understanding, faith and support is required.