England Centre Pairing - your vote

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Sam W
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: England Centre Pairing - your vote

Post by Sam W »

12 Waldouck, 13 Tait. Young, both effective in attack and defence, both better players than Hape and Tindall.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

mike wrote:Its ludicrous to suggest Allen and/or Smith ( must be a wind up) as centres for England . They don't look like scoring tries for us , never mind against International standard defences - our midfield is the weakest part of the team when we have everyone available and the sooner we get Billy and Manu in the 12/13 slots the better it will be .
Totally agee that Billy and Manu are the way forward in the midfield for Tigers, then eventually for England too I believe.

The spell at 10 will have improved Billy's overall game but these two guys offer everything. They are both big guys who can knock people back in defence then turn players over, they can both take a good crash ball when needed and both this year have demonstrated that they have got a good break and turn of pace. I fully appreciate they are both rough diamonds and that they will make mistakes but at the moment our midfiled, as does the England midfield, looks void of any ideas or cutting edge.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

Will S wrote:
mike wrote:Its ludicrous to suggest Allen and/or Smith ( must be a wind up) as centres for England . They don't look like scoring tries for us , never mind against International standard defences - our midfield is the weakest part of the team when we have everyone available and the sooner we get Billy and Manu in the 12/13 slots the better it will be .
Totally agee that Billy and Manu are the way forward in the midfield for Tigers, then eventually for England too I believe.

The spell at 10 will have improved Billy's overall game but these two guys offer everything. They are both big guys who can knock people back in defence then turn players over, they can both take a good crash ball when needed and both this year have demonstrated that they have got a good break and turn of pace. I fully appreciate they are both rough diamonds and that they will make mistakes but at the moment our midfiled, as does the England midfield, looks void of any ideas or cutting edge.
Agreed
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Banahan is the same boring bosh player as Tindle is. Banahan is a big clumsy oaf who has no other skill apart from being a bish bosh player. So he would be replacing like for like.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

g wrote:Banahan is the same boring bosh player as Tindle is. Banahan is a big clumsy oaf who has no other skill apart from being a bish bosh player. So he would be replacing like for like.
Banahan is a quick lock.
North Sea Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by North Sea Tiger »

I just wonder how Ashton might do in the centre. He is quick seems to have good skills and tackles well. I agree with previous posts that Tindall has to go and am far from convined by Hape
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

Considering we have wings on tap--Ashton in the centre is a very good idea
And then the pen runs dry.....
Bristol Tiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Bristol Tiger »

norfolkexpat wrote:Considering we have wings on tap--Ashton in the centre is a very good idea
And then the pen runs dry.....
Or even use Delon Armitage as a 13. Can do the "bosh" but can also run, pass and kick. Not bad in defense either!
Sam W
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Sam W »

jgriffin wrote:Tait, bless him, is gone gone gone. Waldouck not good enough. Only really good 12 around is T.Flood. Good 13? Virtually no-one at present. Billy may make it at 12, Manu will if he stays injury free, within the next year or so.
Tait isn't gone, the guy's only 24!! Playing this brand of rugby would suit him perfectly, if he can find form he'd be ideal. Waldouck's certainly good enough to break into the team, i'd put him above Hape in the pecking order any day of the week!
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Well if we can beat the Aussies with two lame duck centres we may still have a chance in the RWC if MJ wakes up, realises it and trades them in.

Tindal sure he's a useful asset in the ruck but not much else anymore. I noticed several times when the attack visibly slowed when the ball went through his hands, rest of the backs had to slow to 'prop speed' to accomodate.

As for Hoppy - well all I suggest is that you watch the game again around 70 minutes when Cuteo (who had a very good game IMO) did his 2nd break, Hoppe is in front offside, raises his hand, fair enough that, but when Cueto runs past him he just stands there and watches, no dummy run, no support run nothing. Sure Ashton should have offloaded back to Cueto on his left in space rather than going himself but Hoppe could at least have offerred an option or decoy. Very poor IMO. Sorry not we we need at IC there.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.