England replica shirts cheaper than Tigers! Why??

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

England replica shirts cheaper than Tigers! Why??

Post by Ian Cant »

Ok,being a sad supporter I keep buying the expensive Tigers' replica shirt but have always been puzzled by the club making us pay excessively high prices for them! Even Wasps' shirt, the Canterbury replica shirt, is alot cheaper than ours. Now I see JD sports are selling the England shirt at £44.99 and its a far better quality shirt!! Isn't it about time the club put an end to inflating the price of our shirt!! Bah Humbug!!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: England replica shirts cheaper than Tigers! Why??

Post by Bill W (2) »

Ian Cant wrote:Ok,being a sad supporter I keep buying the expensive Tigers' replica shirt but have always been puzzled by the club making us pay excessively high prices for them! Even Wasps' shirt, the Canterbury replica shirt, is alot cheaper than ours. Now I see JD sports are selling the England shirt at £44.99 and its a far better quality shirt!! Isn't it about time the club put an end to inflating the price of our shirt!! Bah Humbug!!!
Why? By your own admission you keep buying them.
Still keeping the faith!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Supply & demand?

I would need to be paid a lot before I would wear a Wasps shirt and if anyone ever sees me in a white shirt with a rose on it please would they section me!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

You have to pay for quality and any Tigers shirt is worth more than all the others :smt004
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

i'm sorry to mention this every time but this is another example of the cotton traders rubbish that is pumped out by the club. The shirts sold by cotton traders as the standard quality are made from the 4" kevlar cotton that de-coulors if it is in the sun for more than an hour at a time, they shrink of you wash them frequently and are retailed at an expensive rip off price.
Because the england kit is made by nike, a decent company (although i do not agree with releasing a new shirt EVERY year), it means that it will be a better quality for less of a price, and if you want a tigers kit that is comparable quality wise to that of the nike one you will have to pay £60.
however, as we know, the club is virtually tied to cotton traders and we know that it is highly unlikely that tigers will ever change :smt003
i don't mean to seem bitter and twisted about this, because i have accepted that tigers will always be wit cotton traders :smt024
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Tiger_Chief
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tiger_Chief »

Personally, I don't like the nylon shirts that some other teams are releasing. I like the cotton ones. They are a bits like jeans and require a few washes to get right
All good 7's play on the edge if not they are a waste of space!!
BigChris

Post by BigChris »

I agree with both your main points captain insaino, firstly that the CT stuff IS garbage, see mine and others' previous threads on this, and also that the club shows no sign of changing or even being concerned at the cost v quality. If it keeps bringing in the money - why would they? Such a shame :smt009
Have to say, I have yet to see the grey (sorry - platinum) shirt worn outside of welford road.
The newer playing quality shirts are not the thicker quality they once were either.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

captain_insaino wrote:i'm sorry to mention this every time but this is another example of the cotton traders rubbish that is pumped out by the club. The shirts sold by cotton traders as the standard quality are made from the 4" kevlar cotton that de-coulors if it is in the sun for more than an hour at a time, they shrink of you wash them frequently and are retailed at an expensive rip off price.
Because the england kit is made by nike, a decent company (although i do not agree with releasing a new shirt EVERY year), it means that it will be a better quality for less of a price, and if you want a tigers kit that is comparable quality wise to that of the nike one you will have to pay £60.
however, as we know, the club is virtually tied to cotton traders and we know that it is highly unlikely that tigers will ever change :smt003
i don't mean to seem bitter and twisted about this, because i have accepted that tigers will always be wit cotton traders :smt024
And every time someone complains I point out that the shirts DO NOT fade more than any other cotton shirt (it's what cotton does and anyone who wears man-made instead of natural wants their head read) and if you wash them following the laundry instructions they do NOT shrink. I've got the last 6 home patterns and 3 of the away ones in my cupboard and not one has shrunk at all despite constant wear, and nor have thay faded any more than any of my other clothing.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Ian Cant wrote:Ok,being a sad supporter I keep buying the expensive Tigers' replica shirt but have always been puzzled by the club making us pay excessively high prices for them! Even Wasps' shirt, the Canterbury replica shirt, is alot cheaper than ours. Now I see JD sports are selling the England shirt at £44.99 and its a far better quality shirt!! Isn't it about time the club put an end to inflating the price of our shirt!! Bah Humbug!!!
Cos one side think they can play rugby and the other side can't!!
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat