Replacements:
16. Dylan Hartley (Northampton)
17. Dave Wilson (Bath)
18. Dave Attwood (Gloucester)
19. Henri Fourie (Leeds)
20. Danny Care (Harlequins)
21. Charlie Hodgson (Sale)
22. Delon Armitage (London Irish)

I for one am happy that Steve Thompson has been given a chance to start, think he's been doing well this season, think we should have signed him to replace Muffin
Last edited by TTRITH on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: England v New Zealand

Post by tb1 »

TTRITH wrote:I for one am happy that Steve Thompson has been given a chance to start, think he's been doing well this season, think we should have signed him to replace Muffin
We couldnt have afforded him, will be on mega money.

On one hand I am happy to see Payne out, but Sheridan hasnt earnt a start.
AndyF

Post by AndyF »

The centre pairing don't do much for me!!
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Only complaint is hendre Fourie being on the bench over any of Haskell, Armitage or Rees. Hes an afrikaaner. Not english. It gripes me. Hape isnt spectacular but if he does his job and gets his arms free to give an offload to one of our strike runners, we arent gonna be complaining are we! (by the way its not particularly Fourie Im anti, just the number of southern hemisphere players being capped for England)
RobGale

Post by RobGale »

Agree with you Duncan. Don't like seeing non English players being picked for England

On the other hand the team is correct in my opinion. Sheridan in for the ineffectual Payne and then the 14 that beat Australia. Correct decision for me (despite not being a fan of Hape or Palmer)

I'm confident that that team can get the 2 (possibly 3) wins this Autumn but don't think Saturday will be one of them. teh AB's are on a different level to us at the moment
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Duncan B wrote:Only complaint is hendre Fourie being on the bench over any of Haskell, Armitage or Rees. Hes an afrikaaner. Not english. It gripes me. Hape isnt spectacular but if he does his job and gets his arms free to give an offload to one of our strike runners, we arent gonna be complaining are we! (by the way its not particularly Fourie Im anti, just the number of southern hemisphere players being capped for England)
It is a case of 'if you can't beat them, join them'.

The All Blacks have for so long plundered the southern islands for the bulk of their talent - Lomu, Umaga, Muliaina, Nonu, Sivivatu, Rokocoko, So'oialo, Jones, Collins, Tuigamala, Lam etc.

The eligibility rules are so relaxed but I agree, how can you ask someone to give their all for their country ...... when it isn't their country! However, it is more puzzling to select a SH player when they arn't that good eg Hape.
Always a Tiger
physiodan
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by physiodan »

no wasp, sarracen, falcon or chief. good to see all 4 tigers starting. I would love to see one day tom croft get a go at 8. I think he has the mobility, carrying ability and power to play there plus PACE. moody and armitage alongside him. would suit the new breakdown rules too.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Who's Dylan Armitage?

Thank you. :smt002
Last edited by BJ. on Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Noticed on the saffacens forum that they are bemoaning the fact that the RFU master plan to exclude their players has happened........

......yawn.

Onto the team I agree that Fourie & Hape really shouldn't be part of an England team. Not sure if I'd pick Easter either. The rest are fine.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
Felix9

Post by Felix9 »

Guys,

Check out this article on Sportsvibe.co.uk, website run by Ian Stafford. What do you think of England's chances over the autumn Tests? Personally, I reckon two losses followed by consolation wins against Samoa and South Africa. Give us your thoughts here: http://sportsvibe.co.uk/how-will-englan ... nationals/

For what it's worth, although I am a Welsh supporter myself, here is my team....obviously it'd mean Johno would have to bring players from outside his elite squad, and it's admittedly a bit of a lightweight midfield, in but you never know!

1. Sheridan
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Shaw (if fit)
5. Lawes
6. Croft
7. Saull
8. Easter (c)
9. Youngs
10. Lamb
11. Ashton
12. Tindall
13. Tait
14. Foden
15. Goode
McScotty
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by McScotty »

Any ideas on the NZ team?
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Felix9 wrote:Guys,

Check out this article on Sportsvibe.co.uk, website run by Ian Stafford. What do you think of England's chances over the autumn Tests? Personally, I reckon two losses followed by consolation wins against Samoa and South Africa. Give us your thoughts here: http://sportsvibe.co.uk/how-will-englan ... nationals/

For what it's worth, although I am a Welsh supporter myself, here is my team....obviously it'd mean Johno would have to bring players from outside his elite squad, and it's admittedly a bit of a lightweight midfield, in but you never know!

1. Sheridan
2. Hartley
3. Cole
4. Shaw (if fit)
5. Lawes
6. Croft
7. Saull
8. Easter (c)
9. Youngs
10. Lamb
11. Ashton
12. Tindall
13. Tait
14. Foden
15. Goode
Mr Choker (aka Ryan Lamb) anywhere near an England shirt - NEVER. He poohs his pants when anyone runs at him, he can look great when his team are on top, but when the pressure is on, he turns off.
Always a Tiger
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Saw in the mercury today that with injury concerns at centre jhonson should give manu a chance at centre. I know its a long shot but it could work he seems to have the skills for an outside centre. Fast, can offer go forward and is solid in defense. maybe try him against samoa.
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

I dont see why people are knocking hape during the aus game the v biased aussie commentators were singling hape, youngs and cole out for praise and thought they were englands best players that day.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

BJ. wrote:Who's Dylan Armitage?
Honestly don't know what you mean :smt002
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100