Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Leicester v Australia

Post by tigermad »

:smt035 :smt035

Leicester welcome Australia to Welford Road on 9 November and it it should be a night to remember for all concerned. Australia start their European Tour having just beaten the All Blacks and ending a 10 game losing streak against their Tasman rivals. If you were at the South Africa game last November you know how special such nights are and next week will be no exception.
Philip J Gray
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Leicester v Australia

Post by BJ. »

Eh?

Shouldn't we first be having a thread telling us about the game on 05 Nov when some big boys in green, red and white shirts will play against some other big boys in multi-coloured shirts and then be told to 'bring it on'?
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

Wonder how long it will be before somebody mentions that the game on 5 November is only a mickey mouse cup game ?

Oops!
Sponsorship deals may come and go but the CRUMBIE stand will always remain.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

TM I was watching the Bledisloe cup yesterday and I reckon it will be a cracker !

I actually woke in the night and to get back to sleep i was working through the "second" team I'd put out against the Wallabies " Sad or what ? :)

I'd love to see Mafi given a start. Hawkins at 2 to start as well. Crane behind the scrum to break lines. If we have 'em Speedy at full back given a start too. Maybe give Robinson his start too a "Sheet or bust" investment.

Then I start to struggle. At ten ? We can't go with Ford he gets bullied by Sale a's right now. Wallabies will break him like a plastic ruler. So who ? we'll likely need 36 for Quins and Ospreys so I reckon we're in trouble there.

9 ? I know NOTHING about him but Spice has to star given Grindal's craven cowardice in the face of the opposition gain line this season. Harrison if fit then. If not, we're pooked. A notts or Bedford callup ?

In the scrum too we have challenges. Can we afford Whitey with more important matches within the time period ? If not who ?

Allin all I fear is putting out a championship reserves aide which is a pity cos with a few first teamers i reckon wed have the wallabies midweek side. There I said it ! :)
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

would you believe I am going to the Luncheon Voucher game between Exeter and Wasps on Saturday. £30 to sit behind the goal!! Booked before I realised it was England-Allblacks.! :smt013 :smt013
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

dont think it will be as big an occasion as the south africa game. That game had a massive amount of advertisement and was sold out in advance. this game has had little advertising is on a tuesday and people are struggling for cash. i reckon 17000 will be the maximum attendance and anything other than an academy/championship team is too big a risk we have too many injuries already and can not afford to lose the second string players that may need to step up to cover gaps in the first team.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Wouldnt mind seeing Tom Youngs get a start in the LV Cup games or the Aussie match.

I would like too see the academy utilised a bit, as they are in unbelievable form, albeit at academy level. They won 61-0 at the weekend. Would prefer to see them in the LV Cup games however, and more senior players for the Aussie match.
divingrob

Post by divingrob »

Happy to see who ever plays a tiger is a tiger.
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

Purebob wrote:9 ? I know NOTHING about him but Spice has to star given Grindal's craven cowardice in the face of the opposition gain line this season. Harrison if fit then. If not, we're pooked. A notts or Bedford callup ?
You may have will chudley or nik walshe but not daryll veneenendaal
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Darc Tiger wrote:Wouldnt mind seeing Tom Youngs get a start in the LV Cup games or the Aussie match.
Im sure he will :smt001 Myself Im hoping its the LV Cup game, Im working the night of the Aussie game :smt013

As I've said on the unoffy, think its just what he needs right now. :smt002
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

How is his lienout work coming along?

I would hope he is ready to be re-signed by Leicester next season.
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

well, Glenn Delaney said at the beginning of the season that the aim was to bring him up to Premiership standard by the end of the season.

Personally I dont think his lineout throwing is all that bad but I got shot down in flames on the Unoffy for saying that :smt011 But Im going to stick to it! His throwing isnt that bad. He gets a lot of stick from certain sections of the Notts lot for it which isnt very nice :smt009 but as I also pointed out to someone who suggested his lineouts were rubbish, if Notts were losing every single lineout every single game they wouldnt be doing very well, would they?!
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

hww27 wrote:well, Glenn Delaney said at the beginning of the season that the aim was to bring him up to Premiership standard by the end of the season.

Personally I dont think his lineout throwing is all that bad but I got shot down in flames on the Unoffy for saying that :smt011 But Im going to stick to it! His throwing isnt that bad. He gets a lot of stick from certain sections of the Notts lot for it which isnt very nice :smt009 but as I also pointed out to someone who suggested his lineouts were rubbish, if Notts were losing every single lineout every single game they wouldnt be doing very well, would they?!
I've alwyas been one to knock his lineout skills I don't think he's the best hooker in the championship by a long shot.
And notts arent doing very well considering the squad they have 6th in the champ behind doncaster
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

I didnt say he was the best hooker in the championship!!!

ok, 6th isnt brilliant but it could be a lot worse....
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt035 :smt035

Does anyone know who the referee for this game is? Thank you.
Philip J Gray