Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

mightymouse
Super User
Super User

A league v Jets

Post by mightymouse »

I went down to see this last night.

Clearly we had a very young team out and got a bit of a whopping.

Good points -

I thought the young lads stuck at it really well and never gave up
Lucas had a good game and looked a different class
His fellow countryman was ok but nothing special
I few young front row lads stuck to it well againts some bigger opponents and looked ok.
Ben piennar does a reasonable job but not really progressing

Bad points -

Robinson looked poor - it was the first time I have sen him and he does not look like a winger to me. For a big guy he does not look for work inside and looks almost shy of contact - He stops when he comes to contact instead of accelerating through it, a la Muanu. His hands are not great either and he seems to lack vision both in lack of off loads and poor kicking decisions instead of maintaining possesion.

Will Hurrell is not progressing as I hoped - looked a bit lightweight

Ben Gulliver - does not have as much about him as I thought he would and to me Slater is a much better bet and no suprise he is in the first team and hopefully we will sign long term.

In defence they looked fragile and in attack lacked a cutting edge - after Cobden went off injured all looked very disjointed.

Still in was nice to get out and see the boys inspite of a damned cold night.
McScotty
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: A league v Jets

Post by McScotty »

Agree with everything said above, I was dissapointed with Robinson and was expecting more. Also do not think he works hard enough in defence. No chance of first team play on that performance (I have only said that based on last night- and i hope he proves me wrong :smt003 )
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

If Robinson is rubbish why the hell did Tigers sign him. And will he go to another club at the end of the season.

Tigers had the chance of one of the Arscott brothers when they became available but they chose too go for Robinson instead. Sometimes I have to question the coaches thinking behind some of their recruitment of players.Robinson was an average player for Bristol so why is he at Tigers? :smt017 I didn't think Tigers did average. :smt018
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

The Arscotts would have been looking for gametime to progress. Robinson would be happier than them to be a backup player. We can barely played more than 2 wingers this season! It seems he might turn out to be a waste of a signing, but I doubt we would have commanded much money.

Anyways, I digress.

The Jets team was much more experienced and bigger than ours. And we held back the likes of White, Bucknall, Harrison and Ford, incase we need them against Gloucester. 1,2, 3, 9, 10 and 12 (If you count Cobden as out of position) are still very green. Disappointed the result wasnt closer however.

Shame that Hurrell isnt progressing, and with the amount of wings in front of him now, he should start looking elsewhere.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

Also agree with most points above.

Robinson extremely poor. Made a couple of runs at 45 degrees - compressing play into the 5 metre channel and hence going nowhere and seemed not interested in defence.

As for Hurrel, didn't really get a chance to show anything. Nothing wrong just not much of a chance, when we were on the back foot so often. One big hit in defence (which is more than LR).

Given the two squads it was pretty much what was expected.