Team for Glos

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Team for Glos

Post by Purebob »

salcombe bob wrote:who thinks our result is more important than England's in a friendly? :smt017
:smt006 me

Mind you I think our results are more important than any England result.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

+1
cheers
Rich
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

bluntiger wrote:
mightymouse wrote:who is going to play for England rather than Cole?
He will play for England but my point is that he hasn't had that much game-time for us so he may be released, along with Flood to get some game-time.
Cole has played every game this season so far, starting four of them and playing at least 20 minutes of each of the other four.

He's played more rugby for us than Castro.

EDIT: Minutes played this season -
Ayerza - 321
Cole - 320
Stankovich - 305
Castrogiovanni - 301

Good sensible squad rotation from Cockers. We should have a fairly fresh set of props come the end of the season (assuming Cole doesn't get overworked on England duty, of course...)
Last edited by 4071 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Hull Fan wrote:
MurphysLaw wrote:
Old Hob wrote:There are rumours circulating that Flood is NOT to be released and 12T is injured. I suspect that this may be scaremongering by Glos fans but does anyone have any hard evidence?
Not sure if this has any relevence, but it doesn't look as if young Master Ford is taking part in the A team game tonight. Injured, or being kept back for Saturday?
He has been injured, i don't think he is back from the injury yet but will stand corrected if anyone knows anything else.
He was injured, but he appeared on the bench for the Sarries game, though he didn't get on the pitch.

It may be that he's being held back for the weekend as we will certainly be without Flood.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Ah well...Just as we begin playing well the :censored: waste of space money grabbing England autumn internationals deprive us of the chance of a much needed away win.

With the England contingent we have a chance, without? Well...they are not internationals for nothing! The replacements are not of the same calibre.

Will someone stop mucking around and get this sorted?
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

Big Dai...I just cannot agree more!! It is an absolute nonsense to play without the top players. How many will Glaws lose for example? 1 perhaps!! Sarries, none? Grrrrrrrrrrh|!!
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

salcombe bob wrote:Big Dai...I just cannot agree more!! It is an absolute nonsense to play without the top players. How many will Glaws lose for example? 1 perhaps!! Sarries, none? Grrrrrrrrrrh|!!
Glaws will probably be without Doran-Jones, Attwood and Tindall.
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Me ... but then I am scottish .. so I want all of Glaws Scotsmen to go and play for Scotland
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 128212.stm

Is this over confidence or is it based on reason?
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

it's based on the reason A. He is not likely to say he thinks they'll lose and B. We will be without a lot of key players LIKE the England 9 and 10! No mention of that of course. :smt013
Tigerama
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tigerama »

http://tiny.cc/sj2iv

So, it will be 36 again.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

mightymouse wrote:Me ... but then I am scottish .. so I want all of Glaws Scotsmen to go and play for Scotland
One down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 128829.stm
Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Mat »

Gloucs have not lost at home in teh prem for 12mths so they will be hard to beat with key players out.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

There are rumours circulating that Flood is NOT to be released and 12T is injured. I suspect that this may be scaremongering by Glos fans but does anyone have any hard evidence?

This was the original question which still stands.
If 36 is OK and we have Castro but not Boris, nor Youngs, Flood, Croft or Chuter we will still prevail because of the fear factor.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Old Hob, i am not sure anyone fears the Tigers anymore; the playing field has levelled out considerably over the last 2 seasons. Of course Tigers will win with whoever is at 10. Glaws have to be confident or there is no reason to play; that said lets go for an ugly win again!