Corporate 'Supporters'

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Corporate 'Supporters'

Post by bluntiger »

I sit in the Cat stand, on the aisle next to the corporate area and will definitely ask to be moved at the earliest opportunity.

The corporate 'supporters' usually arrive late, drink gallons of beer/wine, constantly get up during the game for top-ups or to go to the loo, hardly seem to even watch the game, talk during the kicks. Then at half-time, they disappear only to get back to their seats as late as 15 mins into the second half, obstructing views as they do so only for all of the above to be repeated.

A few weeks ago, one such supporter, on yet another visit to the loo/bar returning to his seat but stumbled up the stairs and spilt his beer over a guy who was sitting in his seat (not in the corporate area). The guy just laughed, no apology, nothing!

It is just all too distracting and annoying.
Always a Tiger
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Re: Corporate 'Supporters'

Post by Kinoulton »

I totally agree. They are bl**dy awful. I used to sit there myself.

And I know this is off topic, but have you spied the red seats at Wembley Stadium when the England football team are playing? It's a bl**dy joke. They're the best seats in the stadium, and they're all empty. Right in front of the camera. Normal people and their kids from Falmouth, Carlisle and Berwick travel all day to spend good money to watch an England game from some eagle's nest about 400 foot high in the corner of a stand, whilst these corporate Johnnies catch a tube from Hampstead, eat some canapes, and then b*gger off home without seeing a ball being kicked.

Makes my blood boil.

Mr Peeved, of Tunbridge Wells.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
valerie

Post by valerie »

:smt045 as far as i know when the ball is kicked to start the game, the people who are late taking there seats are asked to wait untill there is a break in play by the steward, and i think that it is the same after half time as well. :smt045
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Presumably, their money is as good as anyone else's and if they're buying all that beer......well.

I don't condone loutish behaviour but many of us will have drunk at least a shandy (or maybe two) at a game, at some point in time.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

The problem is that we regard them as "supporters". They are not, as anyone who has received corporate hospitality will know, they are on a jolly. They are there for themselves, not for the club, and nobody is going to tell them to sit down, behave, be polite, etc., etc.

Such is all professional sport - even golf, where the corporates are rarely seen on the course, but may be found in the corporate entertainment areas (bars).

If we want/need the cash, it is the price we pay.
Valhalla I am coming!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

As I've said on other threads, most major sporting events are now blighted by well oiled salesmen and administration managers drinking gallons of beer and getting obnoxious or sipping Pimms and falling off their high heels whilst giggling to the other slappers.

I was unable once to find a ticket for one of the Tigers games at the Crisp Bowl and had to watch it on TV.

After which my mate (a football fan) said casually: "Oh you should have asked me. My boss had four corporate tickets going free and he couldn't get rid of them. No one could be bothered to go."
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I've never ever been on a corporate rugby jolly in my life. I'd :censored: love it !
colviletiger
Tiger Cub

Post by colviletiger »

This is just part of being a well oiled commercial outfit the cash these companies/individuals contribute makes a big difference to the facilities and services the club can offer. Are these people die hard supporters?of course not, but I am sure that there are many people who experience rugby for the first time this way and go on and become regular visitors or season ticket holders.
My seat is very close to the corporate "Pen" and what really annoys me is the stupid metal barriers which have no purpose at all, What are these for??
colviletiger
Tiger Cub

Post by colviletiger »

This is just part of being a well oiled commercial outfit the cash these companies/individuals contribute makes a big difference to the facilities and services the club can offer. Are these people die hard supporters?of course not, but I am sure that there are many people who experience rugby for the first time this way and go on and become regular visitors or season ticket holders.
My seat is very close to the corporate "Pen" and what really annoys me is the stupid metal barriers which have no purpose at all, What are these for??
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I met a chap on a "corporate jolly" at the end of last season. Nice bloke, one of the assembly workers (or similar) for Caterpillar and they had arranged it. He was bowled over. He'd never seen a rugby game live, was impressed you could have beer AND see the match and was determined to repeat the experience as a paying customer. Good job all round, I thought
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

Nice bit of balance there from old hob, good lad :smt023