I must have been at a different match

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: I must have been at a different match

Post by GT1 »

Johnh wrote - Too many people on this messageboard are quick to castigate others if they make a statement or have an opinion that they don't share. Try not to join them, it's getting rather tedious.
Hear hear jh
Last edited by GT1 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chesterfield Chris
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Chesterfield Chris »

Back to the point of the thread, SJ must have put his report together in the pub taking his input from a Bath fan :smt018

IMO Tigers were the only team that came to play and we probably tried to run the ball too often in difficult conditions. I expected better from Bath (I dont know why!) but it looked to me like they'd had a masterclass from Venter in the week. Barclay must have needed ice for his left foot at the end of the game the amount of time he kicked possession away :smt015
Roly
Super User
Super User

Post by Roly »

On the contrary, I thought Bath looked very handy for long periods of play and the result was by no means secure - indeed, Bath could easily have won that match in the dying minutes. Leicester tried to force the game too much and when the ball is like a bar of soap, thats not particulalry clever. Tigers could of and should have converted their time in the red zone into tries but couldn't manage it.

All in all, I was very pleased of the win, but Tigers were by no stretch of the imagination the dominant team (refereeing decisions aside).
“It is no use saying, ‘We are doing our best.’ You have got to succeed in doing what is necessary.” Sir Winston Churchill.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I agree Roly. I was (pleasantly) surprised, though alarmed, that we didn't play more 10 man rugby in the last 20.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

The ball should have been shoved up the jumper Deano style as soons as the heavens opened. Also, if some of the points producing decisions been correctly called, therefore NON points scoring, Bath wouldn't have been so close. I opined to the agreement of others around me at the ground that Bath were disappointing.