Spatial awareness (or lack of)

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

BJ.
Super User
Super User

Spatial awareness (or lack of)

Post by BJ. »

Yesterday, in the space of just a couple of minutes, my faith in the stupidity of the human race was restored by three seperate incidents straight after the match. They were:

1. The idiot of an old man who, after struggling up a handful of steps to get to the exit in the Cat Stand, decides to stop in the exit to turn and wave to his friends. Well done sir! Why should you bother about the dozens of people trying to leave the ground behind you? It's obviously far more important you say goodbye to your friends.

2. The stupid blond-haired teenager who decided to stand in the middle of the top of the stairs leading out of the lower Cat Stand by the two planks across a trestle that passes for a club shop annexe. Well done mate! To hell with everybody trying to get past - you just find the narrowest part of the concourse and block part of it off.

3. The moron who just couldn't wait to get out of the ground to have a smoke so he stopped literally one step outside before lighting his cigarette. I was only a couple of paces behind him so it was obviously my fault when I bumped into him after he stopped abruptly. If you are that person, I hope you haven't kissed anyone with your mouth since then without using some Andrex to wipe it first.
Last edited by BJ. on Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: Spatial awareness (or lack of)

Post by SaltyJackTar »

BJ - Well done on a post that has made me smile whilst also making Victor Meldrew appear tolerant! :smt002
Sponsorship deals may come and go but the CRUMBIE stand will always remain.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

We aim to please. :smt002

Seriously though, why should we tolerate these morons? We have developed a culture in which it is un-PC to criticise anyone in case they become 'twaumatised'. In effect, nobody can ever be wrong any more regardless of their acts of gross stupidity. Scientists claim the average human being only uses approximately 10% of their brain's capacity. In too many cases, I think the decimal point has left-shifted several places.
chris4xy

Post by chris4xy »

BJ, similar experience in another stand that I dare not mention. We looked around us for the quickest way out, got near the stairs and then everyone seemed to stop to watch the players coming off. If you want to leave, leave. If you want to watch the afters, stay put.
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

We always stay put, watch the afters and then move out when the main rush has gone. This seems to keep my blood pressure at a reasonable level.
Sponsorship deals may come and go but the CRUMBIE stand will always remain.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Do like me BJ take the wife shopping at Sainsburys on a Saturday morning and push the trolley. You can then experience this wonderful human behaviour all day!
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

you mean you dont swear at the person texting as they ram the supermarket trolley into the back of your legs.
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

you mean you dont swear at the person texting as they ram the supermarket trolley into the back of your legs.
Swear us, never we are Tigers suporters! Just wait for them to leave their trolley blocking the eisle so no one can get by, then move it to a different one, then ask politely if they've lost something.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

Crumblies wrote:Just wait for them to leave their trolley blocking the eisle (sic) so no one can get by, then move it to a different one ...
So I'm not the only one who does that!

I get sick and tired of people (I must admit it's mainly women) who abandon their shopping trolley in the middle of an aisle and then swan off to inspect the goods elsewhere.

A few months ago, I watched a woman do this three times in Sainsburys in Matlock. On the third occasion, I moved her trolley into the next aisle and partially hid it behind one of those tall trolleys the shop staff use for moving bread around. What made it even better was the stupid cow had left her handbag in her trolley. The look of abject panic on her face when she realised things weren't where she'd left them was priceless!
taffyboiy
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by taffyboiy »

I know we're going off-topic, but it's the same everywhere, not just sports grounds - people parking in busy car-parks who need 5 goes at reversing into a space while the queue backs up - people taking an age to pick up their bag and walk off a plane/bus - people who clearly can't work cash-points....

I swear most of the human race spends their lives in a trance and it takes special effort to summon up a logical thought.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

taffyboiy wrote:I know we're going off-topic, but it's the same everywhere, not just sports grounds - people parking in busy car-parks who need 5 goes at reversing into a space while the queue backs up - people taking an age to pick up their bag and walk off a plane/bus - people who clearly can't work cash-points....
The worst ones are those with wheeled hand luggage who stop the instant they step off an escalator to extend the handle. If I'm directly behind them, I just kick their bag out of the way. If they don't have the mental nous to take one step to the side and therefore allow everybody else on the escalator to move past, they shouldn't be allowed out by themselves!
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

They are every where those that insist on driving down the middle & outside lanes of the motorway despite the inside lane being virtually empty.

Those on emerging from the airport not knowing where they are going next yet decide to stop and consult in the doorway. Or the group that decides to stop and have a chat w2hilst completely blocking the footpath.

But my latest gripe takes us back to Welford Road. My routine on arrival at the ground is to esconse my daughter into her postion on the terrace then retreat to the ABC bar to collect my beer and her coke. There is an aisle with yellow hash markings leading back from the terrace to an entrance/exit from under the Crumbie stand. I don't mind that people choose to stand there, but when they simply will not move to allow me to pass, even when I return with my hands are full of drinks is really p******g me off. Oops I did say earlier we were Tigers supporters and didn't swear - count to ten and smile nicely!!
martynsmiffss
Tiger Cub
Location: The Crumbie and I don't mean the Holland and Barret !!

Post by martynsmiffss »

Best Thread Ever !!

Thought it would be some drivel about Tiger's centres but no it's the full grumpy old men thread

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

How about the following subjects:-

East Midlands train's replacing the Buffet car with a Trolley Service.
Lack of Mild in bar's at ground ?
What are Ipad's all about ?
Why when we have an automated ticket system do we need pimply adolesents in the turnstile huts ?
What is the correct Clan tartan rug to use in Row H of the Crumbie Seats ?
Sad Old Prop
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

martynsmiffss wrote:How about the following subjects:-

East Midlands train's replacing the Buffet car with a Trolley Service.
Lack of Mild in bar's at ground ?
What are Ipad's all about ?
Why when we have an automated ticket system do we need pimply adolesents in the turnstile huts ?
What is the correct Clan tartan rug to use in Row H of the Crumbie Seats ?
Don't forget why do people use apostrophes when they don't know how to.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

All good beans but I don't get the rug hatred. When there are gaps in the crowd that wind can get right up yer Crumbie. I don't have a rug yet, but after Saturday I might.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina