today ref

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tigerbob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: today ref

Post by Tigerbob »

Call me old-fashioned - but whatever happened to the hooker actually 'hooking' the ball fed into the scrum.

It seems as though this is becoming a dying art, as the ball is consistently being fed to the second row and sometimes directly to the no. 8.

I think it should be compulsory for all referees to have refresher courses on how to referee the scrum, and be required to take a test to maintain their Premiership standard refereeing duties.

I'm afraid Mr Small would be refereeing lower league games if this was the case.

At times, I was of the opinion that the referee had a spread bet going on, as whenever Bath got within kicking range, he pinged us.
Tigerama
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tigerama »

Wayne barnes good - I sort of agree, however try telling that to the New Zealanders (Une Forwarde Passe?)

And did anyone else think the ball was out when he awarded LI a penalty against Exeter the other day? A harsh decision imo.
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Tigerama wrote:And did anyone else think the ball was out when he awarded LI a penalty against Exeter the other day? A harsh decision imo.
Even the London Irish players thought the ball was out!

If you have to wait for the referee to call "out" you'll never manage to win the race to lose ball - if it is a legitimate claim like the one for Exeter but the referee is adamant it was still in it should be a free kick, the problem would come of what is a legitimate claim that the ball was out?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

TIB I so agree. There seems to be NO contest on the floor nowadays. "Ruck called" OK, hands out, feet then boys. NO.
Ball squirts out either ruck or maul.
Leave it until Mr Small says you can touch it.

IF THERE ARE TO BE NO HANDS IN THE RUCK AND NO FEET EITHER THEN HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO GET THE BALL? WITH YOUR HEAD?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina