Changing dates for matches

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Changing dates for matches

Post by wardy »

I've just been away for three weeks in France.

Before I left I purchased two tickets for the Quins match on the 20th November, surrendering my season ticket seat so that a friend and I (a Quins supporter for his sins) could sit together. Just arrived back home to find that b****y Sky have changed the date to the Friday night. As his wife is a university lecturer it is very doubtful that they can get up here from the New Forest in time for the match.

Isn't it scandulous that Sky can control the time and date of matches in such a way and so late in the day that supporters' domestic arrangements are destroyed (could have used stronger language if the mods would have let me!!!) at a stroke.

If its confirmed that the friends cannot make it I'm going to claim a refund. Another reason why attendances are falling? If they continue to mess us about my season ticket may not be renewed next year.
Give blood, play rugby!!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Re: Changing dates for matches

Post by BJ. »

The Leicester v Harlequins match originally scheduled for Sat 20 Nov has not been moved by Sky. If you care to check the TV listings on Sky, you will see this game is not being televised.

It has been moved so it does not clash with the England v Samoa international.
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

BJ. wrote:The Leicester v Harlequins match originally scheduled for Sat 20 Nov has not been moved by Sky. If you care to check the TV listings on Sky, you will see this game is not being televised.

And.......?? Who cares about a friendly game??
Again a supporter unfriendly move....attendances will become even lower next season as I know others who will not renew ST's.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
Suz
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Suz »

I think Wardy is right.
The Quins (AWC) game on 5th Nov has been moved because of the England game.
The Quins game on 20th has been moved to the Friday 19th due to sky

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/15731.php
"The beast got us, the Leicester beast."
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

BJ. wrote:The Leicester v Harlequins match originally scheduled for Sat 20 Nov has not been moved by Sky. If you care to check the TV listings on Sky, you will see this game is not being televised.

Seems like Tigers got confused as well because they announced the change as a result of television scheduling:
Tigers' Aviva Premiership Rugby game against Harlequins at Welford Road will now be played on Friday, November 19 (7.45pm) after being selected for live broadcast by Sky Sports.

:smt017

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/15731.php
Sponsorship deals may come and go but the CRUMBIE stand will always remain.
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

There is obviously conflicting information out there. According to http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12946,00.html there is no Premiership game being televised on Fri 19 Nov.
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

According to the Tigers fixture list on the Tigers web-site (might expect them to know) Sky IS televising the match.
Give blood, play rugby!!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

wardy wrote:According to the Tigers fixture list on the Tigers web-site (might expect them to know) Sky IS televising the match.
As SaltyJackTar and Suz have already pointed out. Alternatively, I would have thought the company doing the televising should know which games they're covering.

No doubt we'll soon find out one way or the other.
TigerMuz

Post by TigerMuz »

Although I will definitely be renewing my season ticket next year, I have been disheartened by the fixture changes. As a student, I have a part time job on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons, and due to the recent changes, I am going to go through a period of three months and see just two matches!!!!

It is getting almost as bad as being a Manchester United fan with the strange kick off times!

Laughing at people slipping on the treacherous Crumbie Stand steps since 2004
fogba
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by fogba »

Changing the date is one thing but the short notice is another.
I waited for the fixtures to be announced and then went and purchased tickets to various concerts which would not clash with the rugby.
Then at relatively short notice matches were changed to Friday night.
Unfortunately, I will now miss the first home match for a couple of seasons.

Yet another example of the poor supporter being taken for granted.

We are seeing attendances down. With fewer matches being played at 3pm on a Saturday it's not too surprising.
Irish by birth, Munster by the grace of God, now living in Leicester for my sins.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

I have some sympathy for all the posters who feel short changed by kick offs being moved - but is over a month really 'short notice' ?

Also - with ESPN joining Sky with live rugby matches this year, Tigers are bound to be messed around more than most as they always want to show the best teams/matches where possible.

It is the price you pay for living in the current era and supporting the most successful team in the land.

If you were a Sale fan, you would always be watching games on a Friday night. (although at least that's a consistent kick off time :smt002 )

We all make sacrifices to follow our team and we need as many as possible at WR to be the 16th man, so Come on Tigers !
Jonnyo

Post by Jonnyo »

We live in North Wales (originally from Hinckley) and to get to a Friday night match is a no-go, due to finishing work and travel time. We will have to miss these 3 games
Jonnyo
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Jonnyo wrote:We live in North Wales (originally from Hinckley) and to get to a Friday night match is a no-go, due to finishing work and travel time. We will have to miss these 3 games
Jonnyo
That's one of the reasons why I did not renew my ST this year = missing games makes it expensive. Those that are on TV I just stream now and don't have expense, journey time and the extortion of WR prices.
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

It depends on the person as to which day is best. I work in retail so have to work most Saturdays. Luckily I still get to go to most matches but for me if all our matches were Friday or Sunday I would be able to go to EVERY match. So I don't mind matches on these days.
JonnyBoy

Post by JonnyBoy »

hmmmmm

I thought the clubs "policy" was to play 1st team matches at 3pm on Saturday