Billy 100% Failure Today

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Billy 100% Failure Today

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

This is a pre-emptive strike. Once people forget about the fantastic win against the Scarlets and start moaning they will have a go at their pet hate. Before the Tuilagi haters start on him for not taking a couple of the passes today I thought I would point out that Billy missed the conversion and was a 100% failure in kicking at the sticks. :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Billy 100% Failure Today

Post by Jay C »

.....He was also 100% successful with his touch kicking (missing zero attempts) so not so bad after all ...
:smt003

You are statistically correct about his placekicking of course, but I doubt anyone could find too much fault with today's performance from anyone (in Tigers colours at least :smt002 ).

Seriously though, you will never get zero mistakes in a game, but provided the positives sufficiently outweigh the negatives - and we win! - then we should be happy with our lot...

Just think - it could be worse - you could support SAffacens :smt003
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Pack him off to that second-rate Midlands rugby team immediately!
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Darc Tiger wrote:Pack him off to that second-rate Midlands rugby team immediately!
If by that scurrilous quote you should mean Nottingham :smt013 I would say probably a waste of time - he wouldnt get in the team there!!! They have the best kicker in the Championship in James Arlidge so bit of a waste of time really :smt042
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Yes he's flippin' 'opeless, never scored any tries, never kicked any points how did ever get in the team?

And the same goes for the rest of them - they didn't even reach 50 not out let alone a century. Gey rid o' lot of 'em I say.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

hww27 wrote:
Darc Tiger wrote:Pack him off to that second-rate Midlands rugby team immediately!
If by that scurrilous quote you should mean Nottingham :smt013
I meant Stains of course!
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

ah ok. :smt003 thats alright then :smt042
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

[quote="Jay C
You are statistically correct about his placekicking of course, but I doubt anyone could find too much fault with today's performance from anyone (in Tigers colours at least :smt002 ).

[/quote]

ooohhhh how you underestimate the forum... if a faul;t can be found it will be.. and before the praise the fault finding
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

Totally agree with Hinckley member.
Sponsorship deals may come and go but the CRUMBIE stand will always remain.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Billy was also 100% SUCCESSFUL in the timing of the pass stakes, an EXQUISITELY timed pass to hit Geordan Murphy's EXQUISITELY angled run that cut Scarlets to shreds and resulted in Matt Smith's TRY (good pick up low down from Smith too).

Would you have posted that he was 100% Success if his kick had gone over? Probably not. :smt002
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

He is not a kicker of Flood's quality but it doesn't matter as he is not a Fly Half. He will turn out to be a very good 12 where his kicking qualities are more than adequate and he can concentrate on delivering more lovely passes like the one that put Smurph through. :smt003
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

WhitecapTiger wrote:Billy was also 100% SUCCESSFUL in the timing of the pass stakes, an EXQUISITELY timed pass to hit Geordan Murphy's EXQUISITELY angled run that cut Scarlets to shreds and resulted in Matt Smith's TRY (good pick up low down from Smith too).
Spot on whitecap, actually that was THE pass of the game. Perfect timing and a perfect angled run from Geordan that was undefendable.
Always a Tiger
FlyingTiger
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by FlyingTiger »

Lets remember he is a 12 by trade and that he had to play 10 at Bedford and he made a good job of it too. Just like Flood who was a 12 and a part-time 10 fill in for JW. TF is making cracking progress at 10 not world class yet but good enough for ints. B12T, given the time, games and encouragement may well do the same. With the AI and 6Ns not far away the Tigers will need him more and more.
The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

Hinckley member wrote:Whilst I agree with much of the sentiment involved in this discussion topic, if Billy looks at this forum, I think he would prefer not to see such headings. Indeed, after a performance like that, we should be content to bask in the warm glow and let him be content to just be one of the team. Leave the boy alone please!

i do believe there is some tongue in cheek involved here and i am sure if 12T reads this forumn he is grown up enough to realise that.. he is not a child who needs pampering he is a professional rugby player who most likely hopefully has a sense of humour...

he is and should be able to take criticism.. and act upon it ..

lets all chill out about and enjoy the vitory for what it was ... some of the best rugby tigers have played for a long time.
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal