Why are the Tigers shop dearer?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Why are the Tigers shop dearer?

Post by WiggoTiger »

Just been into town today and found all the new Tigers shirts (h and a) and training style kit tops £5 cheaper than the official shop and CT shop.
Why are Tigers not able to have the shirts at 39.99 instead of 44.99???

A disgruntled fan!! Will be using that shop from now on!! :smt022 :smt013 :smt022
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
Supporting since 1977 and proud of it!!
soggytiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Why are the Tigers shop dearer?

Post by soggytiger »

Suspect the main thrust of the shops pricing is for season ticket holders/members who get 10% off for a renewal package or voucher e.g for birthday which drops the price down to the same as you mentioned.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Club needs the money so they can put on a do for visiting Treviso fans in Jan :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

TigerCam wrote:Club needs the money so they can put on a do for visiting Treviso fans in Jan :smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Like your thinking :smt023 :smt023
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
WiggoTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WiggoTiger »

soggytiger wrote:Suspect the main thrust of the shops pricing is for season ticket holders/members who get 10% off for a renewal package or voucher e.g for birthday which drops the price down to the same as you mentioned.
Not attracting the non ST/Members to buy then! Why not be competitive and be fair to all fans.
I fear a money making scam again, cheap to buy in and try and make a killing and hefty mark ups as fans will buy as they like the merchandise.

As I said before the shop will not get my cash again unless they drop the price.
A TIGER TILL I DIE!!
soggytiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by soggytiger »

Fair enough on the update wrt discounts changing- being based in NL/ Scotland means getting in to the shop is tricky. In terms of the 10% we still get it through the ST 3 year deal (last year of deal ) so suspect it may disappear then. Still think that 45 quid for a shirt is not unreasonable considering the cost of other clothing and the fact it can be worn not just on match days. I especially value tigers shirts in Scotland as (unlike football shirts) you can wear them in a pub!
Ian Cant
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Ian Cant »

Sadly our shirts have always been dearer than other clubs and we pay through the nose for the player quality shirt which I do buy just to wear the colours.
Even the England replica shirt is cheaper. The quality of our shirt is not as good as others either but we support the club so buy it!!!
BJ.
Super User
Super User

Post by BJ. »

soggytiger wrote:I especially value tigers shirts in Scotland as (unlike football shirts) you can wear them in a pub!
Which is more than you can do in a certain pub (the name of which I forget) in St Helier on Jersey.

We were over there in 2007 for the annual OMRLP conference and happened to come across this pub which had a sign saying 'No sports shirts'. It was around 4.30pm on a Saturday afternoon and the pub was empty. I was wearing an old Tigers shirt (1995-ish vintage) but I thought I'd try to get a pint anyway. The guy behind the bar asked if I was wearing a sports shirt to which I answered yes and explained what it was. He told me sports shirts were not allowed in the pub and asked me to leave. He had no answer to my next question which was, "Since you're wearing a polo shirt, why haven't you left?"
Whatever you do, don't argue. We might never hear from you again.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

The 10% is off all shop purchases for all ST holders - not just the first ones but still leaves the shop overptriced relative to virtually all outlets that sell Tigers stuff. The overpricing has always been the case ( not that this is a defence!), I remember travelling to the Ospreys HC game a few years ago and the local motorway services sold Tigers shirts much cheaper than our own shop. Coupled with the poor quality of some of the Cotton Traders mechandise, it is pretty irritating.

I guess it's the same argument as over the food and beer prices at Welford Road - If you can get the same thing elsewhere, the do so. Only market forces will impact on pricing.
gimme
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by gimme »

As you said, you don`t have to buy from the shop do you.

great facilities, great club, great to be born in a city with a great side,

bleaty bleat bleat

:smt039 :smt039 :smt038 :smt038
that`s me. gme. let your fingers do the walking
Roll on Christmas, let`s have some nuts
AND
(don`t forget Sheila`s bread pudding)
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Why is the Tigers shop dearer?

Post by JWM »

ST 10% off brings down the price to what it is everywhere else, so that's alright... :smt017

Surely the price should be the same as everywhere else, and the 10% should make it cheaper than typical High Street price?? That way there is an additional incentive (and people may actually buy the hideous new Away shirt out of loyalty).
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

JWM wrote: (and people may actually buy the hideous new Away shirt out of loyalty).
...yeah, I don't think so mate, not me anyway - went into the shop in town on Sat to see it for real and it doesn't get any better up close :smt009
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

Jay C wrote:
JWM wrote: (and people may actually buy the hideous new Away shirt out of loyalty).
...yeah, I don't think so mate, not me anyway - went into the shop in town on Sat to see it for real and it doesn't get any better up close :smt009
Thought I might like it as it seemed to be a commendable replacement to the Sky Blue Coventry City FC look alike kit from the last two seasons. Having seen it for real am very disappointed. As such will be holding on to my money and not investing it in the Tigers' coffers. :smt018
Sponsorship deals may come and go but the CRUMBIE stand will always remain.