TEAM'S UP v Treviso

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: TEAM'S UP

Post by MJ Chairman »

tb1 wrote:That is not a full strength Treviso team :smt017 .
Who are they missing?
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

MJ Chairman wrote:
tb1 wrote:That is not a full strength Treviso team :smt017 .
Who are they missing?
Well I stand by to be contradicted as I am no expert on Treviso but just in the backs Botes and Maddock are on the bench and McLean is totally absent.
MJ Chairman
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MJ Chairman »

McLean is playing 15 :smt023
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

SaltyJackTar wrote:
Purebob wrote:Old Hob

I think " chin" is Lee Robinson, though he prefers "chest"!
"Speedy" is Lucas Amorosino (Speedy) Gonzalez
And the Alex one is Tuilagi the elder.

I could be wrong however !
Think you are correct.
So it's not just me, then.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Old Hob wrote:
So it's not just me, then.
None of them are you. You are Old Hob!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

tb1 wrote:
Smurphswillgetya wrote:This is a very good team and it will do the job. I wish people would stop moaning about Alex T. He may drop the "odd" ball but he is not as bad as some people make out. At times his handling and passing are top notch. Bar the injured players this is our strongest team.

Billy will start tomorrow at 10, another cunning plan by Cocky!
What people bizarrely seem to fail to realise is that two wingers who are 30kg apart do not play the same role in a team, even if they wear the same number.
It's not a moan about Alex and 30kg has nothing to do with it, but running angles does - and although Alex is a superb bosh player, its a better game when wingers are less one dimensional and can cut angles, the Chin has done that well (so far!). Imagine a team that's been run ragged by the winger all game, then on comes the bosh monster to squash the last bit of wind they have left out of their bodies - a great combination.
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Smurphswillgetya wrote:This is a very good team and it will do the job. I wish people would stop moaning about Alex T. He may drop the "odd" ball but he is not as bad as some people make out. At times his handling and passing are top notch. Bar the injured players this is our strongest team.

I don't mind AT dropping the ball - well not usually - but I do NOT like his half hearted tackles.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

I agree DickyP, at times this season Alex T has not looked very willing

Otherwise I think it a very strong team. I just wish I was going - it sounds as though it's going to be a great weekend.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

MJ Chairman wrote:McLean is playing 15 :smt023
Haha I was looking for him on the wing :smt023 .
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Norfolk & Goode wrote:
tb1 wrote:

What people bizarrely seem to fail to realise is that two wingers who are 30kg apart do not play the same role in a team, even if they wear the same number.
30kg has nothing to do with it.
This is trivially wrong, just ask Ryan Lamb.

You may have a personal preference for wingers who play a different way to Alex, thats fine.

Regarding Robinson you may have an argument, however I dont agree that his form is any better.

On the other hand if you put Agulla in then you are moving away from an attacking system we have been playing for months.

If you in principle disagree with the attacking system we play then again I can understand that, but it probably wont change without the coaching changing and anyway the first HCup game of the year is not the time to experiment.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

how do you know it isn't a full strength Treviso team? :smt017 :smt039
MurphysLaw
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by MurphysLaw »

[quote="Norfolk & Goode"]It's not a moan about Alex and 30kg has nothing to do with it, but running angles does - and although Alex is a superb bosh player, its a better game when wingers are less one dimensional and can cut angles, the Chin has done that well (so far!). Imagine a team that's been run ragged by the winger all game, then on comes the bosh monster to squash the last bit of wind they have left out of their bodies - a great combination.[/quote]

N&G, why do you think 'the Chin' (also apparently known as 'Horse') has done so well as to merit selection ahead of any of Tuilangi, Agulla, or Amorasino in what is arguably the biggest game of the season so far?
Apart from a good performance in a pre-season friendly against a Championship team, I don't think he's done an awful lot. Has he particularly shone in the A games? Are there any reports that he is burning them up in training?
It could perhaps be argued that he hasn't had much of a chance with the first team yet, but imo, he is still 'a work in progress'.
Norfolk & Goode
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: TEAM'S UP v Treviso

Post by Norfolk & Goode »

MurphysLaw - I agree totally that the Chin is still work in progress, which means he needs the opportunity to progress, as do all the other new signings. Don't get me wrong about Alex, I know he is an asset to the squad, but any opposition player knows that he only runs straight and he falls like a pack of cards when tackled low. It's only those poor souls who hesitate or go in slightly too high that feel the full force of the bosh. I am suggesting we need alternative styles developing on the wings to the same quality of speedy who has been injured twice so far!
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

I can see why cockers has put Billy on the bench as cover, i just hope it hasnt put his place at centre in jepardy, i have also seen enough to see that he would be a better bet than Staunton at fly half when Toby goes away with England. I hope that he is not discarded when everybody is fit.
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

I can see why cockers has put Billy on the bench as cover, i just hope it hasnt put his place at centre in jepardy, i have also seen enough to see that he would be a better bet than Staunton at fly half when Toby goes away with England. I hope that he is not discarded when everybody is fit.