Slater

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mat
Gold Member
Gold Member

Slater

Post by Mat »

Slater was amazing today. Sign him on a very long contract.

He was good in the scrum and mauls but his work rate around the park was incredible. He was passionate, yelling encouragement to senior internationals.

And he passed out of contact twice that no lock we have ever had would have done. Not to mention hitting the line hard with the wingers.

as star in the making.

also like to mention the offloading of rob Hawkins was incredible too.

MOre offloads from the tackle area please it was quality
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Slater

Post by Purebob »

Slater and Hawkins certainly acquitted themselves well.

My heart eases a little now knowing we have a safe pair of hands at hooker behind Chutes.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

Mat wrote:And he passed out of contact twice that no lock we have ever had would have done.
Glad to hear your praise of Slater, but on this point I have to add I have seen Parling offload in contact more than once. It would seem that Mr Slater has seen an opportunity and is not just grasping it, but throttling the life from it, in order to show, not only his talents, but that he apparently has the heart, commitment and guts of a true tiger.

So Tigers, as Mat said, sign him on a very long contract!!!! :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Perhaps Mr Slater could have a word with Mr Tuilagi (A) about passing out of contact.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
sam16111986
Super User
Super User

Post by sam16111986 »

Ed Slater is originally a Leicester boy who just moved away from the area early in life. Ended up in Australia with a junior contract at the Tahs before Tigers recommended him to Nottingham. Seems we've been quietly watching and aiding his development, he's only 22 as well. Be good for Calum Green to be pushed as well.
tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

:smt035 :smt035

Ed Slater sounds like a quality act with so many injuries in the second row and deserves his chance judging by comments on this forum.
Philip J Gray
Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Jay C »

I have been pleased with his performances at lock too.

However, he sees himself as a loose forward, which means that 6 is suddenly a very competitive area for Tigers with Crofty owning the shirt and Mafi signed up too ....

Happy to see him continue at 4 for now though :smt023 hopefully Green will rise to the challenge as well ...
Will S
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Will S »

With the new laws I think we will see a few loose forwards moved to the second row. Speed around the park now days is more critical than pure bulk.