Drop Murphy, drop Waldrom

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Drop Murphy, drop Waldrom

Post by parkerd68 »

Murphy has had an appalling start to the season and shouldn't be playing.

Nothing to do with settling in, until Waldrom shows some awareness he shouldn't be playing either. He blew one try, and that scrum cap seems to act as blinkers. "Hard yards" mean nothing if you don't play as a team player.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Drop Murphy, drop Waldrom

Post by Darc Tiger »

Thought Waldrom carried very well all game.

But the whole team fell apart that second half. No excuses.
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

Carries well but does not defend.
maxy437
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maxy437 »

Waldrom should have given that ball to whoever was inside him when he intercepted, can't remember who it was. Then Woods knocked on at the ruck. Can't believe we came away without a try.

Thought Murphy was quite good apart from the disgrace at the end. No disrespect to Leeds, but I think we should start M.Tuilagi and Agulla on the wings and Hamilton at 15 for something different.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

We do need a shake up I feel.

The only people who are safe are Castro, Croft, Youngs and Hamilton. Maybe adding Slater and Smith, who had good games. Then we have Twelvetrees who will likely have to play 10 next week due to injuries. Maybe Youngs should kick goals?
maxy437
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maxy437 »

Darc Tiger wrote:We do need a shake up I feel.

The only people who are safe are Castro, Croft, Youngs and Hamilton. Maybe adding Slater and Smith, who had good games. Then we have Twelvetrees who will likely have to play 10 next week due to injuries. Maybe Youngs should kick goals?
Fully agree, but add Chuter to the list, he's the best hooker we have and his line-outs were exceptional compared to the last 2 weeks.
tigerben
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by tigerben »

maxy437 wrote:Waldrom should have given that ball to whoever was inside him when he intercepted, can't remember who it was. Then Woods knocked on at the ruck. Can't believe we came away without a try.

Thought Murphy was quite good apart from the disgrace at the end. No disrespect to Leeds, but I think we should start M.Tuilagi and Agulla on the wings and Hamilton at 15 for something different.
Pray tell us how you pass the ball through a solid object, as in this case Flutey, whose covering angle was such that he cut Waldrom off from the support runners therefore blocking a pass.

I'd have thought that it's better for Murphy to play against Leeds to regain his good form. Class is permanent. Form is not. Also, take Hamilton off the wing, and you lose his chasing kick-offs and drop-outs. Amorosino would be the preferred option for me at fullback if Murphy is to be replaced.
Leicester Football Club.
First Back to Back European Champions.
First Club to win an Away Guiness Premiership Play-off Semi-Final.
British by Birth - Welsh by the Grace of God
maxy437
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maxy437 »

tigerben wrote:
maxy437 wrote:Waldrom should have given that ball to whoever was inside him when he intercepted, can't remember who it was. Then Woods knocked on at the ruck. Can't believe we came away without a try.

Pray tell us how you pass the ball through a solid object, as in this case Flutey, whose covering angle was such that he cut Waldrom off from the support runners therefore blocking a pass.

I'd have thought that it's better for Murphy to play against Leeds to regain his good form. Class is permanent. Form is not. Also, take Hamilton off the wing, and you lose his chasing kick-offs and drop-outs. Amorosino would be the preferred option for me at fullback if Murphy is to be replaced.
In the first 10-20 metres when Flutey wasn't in the way would have been an idea?

How do you know Agulla wouldn't give the same commitment to chasing given the opportunity?
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

tigerben wrote:I'd have thought that it's better for Murphy to play against Leeds to regain his good form. Class is permanent. Form is not. Also, take Hamilton off the wing, and you lose his chasing kick-offs and drop-outs. Amorosino would be the preferred option for me at fullback if Murphy is to be replaced.
Or Agulla.

Some tough choices need to be made from Cockers.

Thankfully, Leeds at home should be as good an opportunity as any to have a shake up.
TigerCam
Super User
Super User

Post by TigerCam »

Darc Tiger wrote:
tigerben wrote:I'd have thought that it's better for Murphy to play against Leeds to regain his good form. Class is permanent. Form is not. Also, take Hamilton off the wing, and you lose his chasing kick-offs and drop-outs. Amorosino would be the preferred option for me at fullback if Murphy is to be replaced.
Or Agulla.

Some tough choices need to be made from Cockers.

Thankfully, Leeds at home should be as good an opportunity as any to have a shake up.
After that 2nd half performance I am not so sure?
Whoever said "one person cannot change the world' never ate undercooked bat
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

I am happy to leave the decisions to Cockers.

He needs to earn his wages.

And if he does not come up with some good ones he may be unemployed at the end of the season!!
Still keeping the faith!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. So it's that old chestnut. Three matches played and apparently the double Premiership-winning coach is at serious risk of losing his job. I'm away to the unoffy again.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Eventually it will happen. Club mangement will decide when Cockers will go........ and he will go. I'm as nostalgic as any, possibly more than most, but we are in the professional era now, not running a charity, poor results and poorer performances will result in the chop just as good results may result in a new contract.
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Gate wrote:Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. So it's that old chestnut. Three matches played and apparently the double Premiership-winning coach is at serious risk of losing his job. I'm away to the unoffy again.
Wells lost his job. Deano lost his job. Dwyer lost his job. The other two lasted less than a season. Only Pat Howard succeeded in maintaining employment.
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Gate wrote:Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. So it's that old chestnut. Three matches played and apparently the double Premiership-winning coach is at serious risk of losing his job. I'm away to the unoffy again.
Do you recognise this place anymore gate because I don't,place has been taken over by irrational weirdo's,might join you on the unoffy(and good ridance to you whingers too )

COME ON YOU TIGERS,I still have faith in the team,on and off the pitch.
Last edited by tigerburnie on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.