Drop Murphy, drop Waldrom

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Piesy
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Drop Murphy, drop Waldrom

Post by Piesy »

:censored: oath. Everyone chill out for 5 minutes. If come the end of the year, things are not good and god forbid the Tigers miss the semi's then let the axe fall on whoever the powers that be decide. Until such time get behind your team and show some support !!!
Piesy
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Gate wrote:Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear. So it's that old chestnut. Three matches played and apparently the double Premiership-winning coach is at serious risk of losing his job. I'm away to the unoffy again.
Wells lost his job. Deano lost his job. Dwyer lost his job. The other two lasted less than a season. Only Pat Howard succeeded in maintaining employment.

I shouldn't have returned, and this is against my better judgment, but I can't let that lie. Wells took a job with the RFU. Meyer left because his parents-in-law were terminally ill. Unless of course the great Bill network has conclusive proof that's porkies. Dwyer never really got on with anyone, but did set up Tigers for professionalism remarkably well. Loffreda was shabbily treated but probably a bad choice in hindsight. And if it gets as bad this season as in Deano's last season then feel free to return to this, but until thgen, I'd really appreciate the tired WUM stuff being dropped. It's old. It's tired. It's boring. It's driving me off this forum.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

isnt the problem that the 2nd half was a complete and utter disaster. 4 tries in the first half and then a complete whitewash in the second. Where does the responsibility lie?
Were the subs tactical or what? Cole seemed out of sorts, 12T at 10 didnt spark anything and looked bemused by his own actions. Upto then he seemed to be doing alright. The penalty count gave wasps the win. The last try was the icing.
Last season Cockers could do no wrong; a number of supposed strong sides have found the results against them. The prem league is just that a premier league. Long gone is the right to win.
Just dont want a constant sacking of coaches or we end up like wendy ball.
And, yes disappointed that a 5 point cert at half time went well wrong.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Gate wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote: Wells lost his job. Deano lost his job. Dwyer lost his job. The other two lasted less than a season. Only Pat Howard succeeded in maintaining employment.

I shouldn't have returned, and this is against my better judgment, but I can't let that lie. Wells took a job with the RFU. Meyer left because his parents-in-law were terminally ill. Unless of course the great Bill network has conclusive proof that's porkies. Dwyer never really got on with anyone, but did set up Tigers for professionalism remarkably well. Loffreda was shabbily treated but probably a bad choice in hindsight. And if it gets as bad this season as in Deano's last season then feel free to return to this, but until thgen, I'd really appreciate the tired WUM stuff being dropped. It's old. It's tired. It's boring. It's driving me off this forum.
Gate, we look forward to your continued presence.

Wells left because Tigers would not give him a 2 year contract recognising that a coach is ony as good as his last season.

Dwyer was loved by all until he failed to accept that not being top was not acceptable. Meyer's in laws illness was very convenient. Deano left because he would not accept input from the "senior players".

As Big Dai has rightly pointed out Cockers days are numbered. Silverware this season and he (temporarily) survives. That is not wind up - it is the facts of life as a Tigers DoR.

But please do continue posting - and above all KEEP THE FAITH!!
Still keeping the faith!
moorsman1
Tiger Cub

Post by moorsman1 »

Well I've been impressed by Waldrom's determination and look forward to him linking up with Crane when he's back. Murphy I'm afraid is seriously below form. Why does he keep getting wrapped up in forward positions?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

moorsman1 wrote:Well I've been impressed by Waldrom's determination and look forward to him linking up with Crane when he's back. Murphy I'm afraid is seriously below form. Why does he keep getting wrapped up in forward positions?
Waldrom keeps getting wrapped up because he fails to offload.

Murphy gets wrapped up because he has no-one (Waldrom?) to offload to!
Still keeping the faith!
Northenlad

Post by Northenlad »

Excellent so see so many expert opinions from professionals with proven track records!
If winning isn't everything, why do they bother keeping score?
Broadstaff

Post by Broadstaff »

Geordan may not have hit his best form yet this season, but class is permanent. Sure, he made an error to give Wasps a try, but that was as a result of the pressure Tigers were under in other areas of the field that led to the situation in the first place. Lots of the players are under pressure with every move they make because we don't seem able to retain the ball and really get some go forward. For every mistake a player makes there seem to be some who are ready to pounce and crticise.
tigerbruiser
Tiger Cub

Post by tigerbruiser »

Why is everyone sounding like a Wendyball follower. Yes it's not been the best start to the season but the kneejerk reaction smacks of the idiots watching the roundyball code.

Could be worse, we could be watching Glosssssssss or the Sequins.
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

quote]COME ON YOU TIGERS,I still have faith in the team,on and off the pitch.[/quote]

Me too, it hurts reading anti player/coach, messages. :smt010
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Ermm... okay... So Cockers who has taken us to back to back trophies is gonna go because we've scored 11 tries in 3 matches, fought back considerable well the two previous games and lost this one because our fly half was injured. Will this side do well in the league yes, but for gawds sake give them time.

Is it because we're Champions we need to be able to play games where we set the world on fire?

How about we wait for a fully fit side before we slate Cockers?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
cornish tigress
Super User
Super User

Post by cornish tigress »

As far as I am concerned Geordie can have 20 bad games and still be one of the best full-backs I have ever seen. One bad game does not a has-been make. Keep the faith. Tickle under the chin Geordie. :smt001
http://www.matthampson.co.uk
Duncan B
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Duncan B »

I am not Waldroms biggest fan, but dont think that he can be blamed at all, and thought he actually performed pretty well. If Newby is fit however I would start with him at 7 for the next game, I think he's class, though I dont think Woods played badly. Murphy should definately not be dropped. That disaster at the end was a one off, that wont happen to him again for a very very long time. Dont get why Barnes is so on Alessanas back to be honest either, he is scoring alot of tries and making good tackles, I wouldnt drop him.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

Will Greenwood actually made a good point earlier... Minutes before Geordies cock-up (word of the month for Richard Cockerill :smt002 ) he had been down receiving treatment, and tbh he didn't look like he knew where he was.

I'd only drop Waldroum if Crane is fit.
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
pogue3
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by pogue3 »

Personally, I saw some good positives today and some signs we will be there.
I'm major gutted we lost against wasps today but there are glimpes of us playing well. We will get there.
I just think a lot of the negativity on this forum is based on us not doing as well as the saints. They almost lost to quins away and would have 3 points less almost balancing the league out. Its that close in this league and will be all season.
Tigers will come good and we have injuries to come back.
People on here need to relax