London Wasps v Leicester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Jay C
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: London Wasps v Leicester

Post by Jay C »

I would have taken 2 points before the game and thought the 1st half was the best first 40 mins we have done so far.

Disappointed with what transpired second half, but it is these times when we really need to work and improve & come back stronger.

Losing to stains & pests away is not the end of the season by a long shot, but the manner of the second half performance must be just a blip - and hopefully was.

We are still a top 4 team, just struggling to adapt to the new interpretations.
Our first choice XV is a match for anyone (although Stains are looking like #1).

Come on Tigers !

Summary of game :

Thought Slater did well 1st half & Scott Hamilton. Line out looking much better and scrum still solid. Attacking play good, but penalty count in defence back up again ! Waldrom improving but needs to play head up rugby. Manu & Agulla more game time please.
Thought their no 10 had a great game & kept them in it. Ultimately he was the difference between the teams.
Last edited by Jay C on Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

Big Dai wrote:
watsonjm wrote:
Big Dai wrote:Don't call me a muppet! Attack what I say, not me!

For a professional outfit that was capitulation! The half time talk should have been about pressure on their kicker, maintaining the intensity and not letting go. If 36 is not up to the mark then it's the mangements responsibility to make sure we have the resourses that are.

The squad is thin, in my view, as a result of poor signings and mismangement.
One and the same im affaird, what you say represents you. Unless ur don't say what you believe?

Never heard of the wage cap? We have flood, jazzer and ford. As it happens there all injured.

What do you want? The whole bench to be cover for 10?

Get a grip!
I've heard of a wage cap...........It's just a case of balance. I want a BETTER 10 than 36 on the bench...unless I'm very much mistaken I have not argued otherwise? I lay the blame at Cocker's feet for that as do some others on here. Do they need to get a grip as well?
Yes :smt003
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

watsonjm wrote:
Big Dai wrote:Third week in a row. Spineless, gutless capitulation. Absolute men's dangly bits! Carp!

36 our saviour? You're having a giraffe. Don't be too hard on Smurf, as soon as Jezza went off 36 and Woods let Walder play. He was class!

Cockerill out!.............and take that grey shirt with you. Mid table at best this year!
Your a muppet! Great first half. Second half fell about because of jezzer going off. I love 12 trees but he was out of his league 2day. Great game to watch. We need to get better but we will be in the top 4 come may.

Please do not call people names - disagree and discuss by all means but name calling is not acceptable here.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

Why the Grey Shirts they are a Change not an away (per se) Shirt.

As for the game 10 more mins of Jezza & we would of won, 36 good at 12, not helped at 10 by having someone even less experienced at 12, the 9,10, 12 axis in the 2nd Half were pups.

Waldrom is getting better by the game (despite some peoples views), Smith proved that he is far better than mosts' opinion of him.

Woods has been outplayed in all 3 games this season, Chuter has been below par & Skivington hasn't got started yet.

More worryingly was the complete lack of use of the bench to shake things up, surely Mafi/Hawkins/Pienaar would not of been any worse.

Alex has got to be dropped as it might teach him to DROP on the ball!!!!!!!
To win is not as important as playing with style!
watsonjm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by watsonjm »

Rizzo wrote:
watsonjm wrote:
Big Dai wrote:Third week in a row. Spineless, gutless capitulation. Absolute men's dangly bits! Carp!

36 our saviour? You're having a giraffe. Don't be too hard on Smurf, as soon as Jezza went off 36 and Woods let Walder play. He was class!

Cockerill out!.............and take that grey shirt with you. Mid table at best this year!
Your a muppet! Great first half. Second half fell about because of jezzer going off. I love 12 trees but he was out of his league 2day. Great game to watch. We need to get better but we will be in the top 4 come may.

Please do not call people names - disagree and discuss by all means but name calling is not acceptable here.
Big Dai,

Apologies, I let the moment and the situation get away from me due to frustration. I meant no personal offence.

James
Smudge
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Smudge »

Wayne Richardson wrote "we would of won".

Twice in your post you used the word "of" rather than the correct "have".
I know we are not all teachers or former grammar school pupils but such ignorance causes to me gnash my teeth and feel unwell.
Where on earth were you not educated?
A life long Tiger
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Please do not call people names - disagree and discuss by all means but name calling is not acceptable here.[/quote]

Big Dai,

Apologies, I let the moment and the situation get away from me due to frustration. I meant no personal offence.

James[/quote]

Accepted mate! BTW you were not the only one hot under the old collar yesterday! :smt002
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Smudge wrote:Wayne Richardson wrote "we would of won".

Twice in your post you used the word "of" rather than the correct "have".
I know we are not all teachers or former grammar school pupils but such ignorance causes to me gnash my teeth and feel unwell.
Where on earth were you not educated?
Geus a break mate annyuvverref un Lestuh wooda wunnit! secund arf he warrubish. An downt tell me owt else. Gorra gerrus a berra flyarf else willbe pollin alluver the oche. :smt048
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

LOL dai !
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Big Dai wrote:Geus a break mate annyuvverref un Lestuh wooda wunnit! secund arf he warrubish. An downt tell me owt else. Gorra gerrus a berra flyarf else willbe pollin alluver the oche. :smt048
Eh up Big Dai. Be that Welsh??

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Still keeping the faith!
Ukin

Post by Ukin »

I watched the game yesterday over here in sunny Spain and I thought at halftime that we were back to our normal ways...then the second half came along!

What a :censored: mess that was and for us not to score ANY points in that half was terrible. Okay, we lost Jezza, but it still no real excuse for his absence didn't cause us to drop the ball or in Alex's case, fail to drop ON it...and for Geo to wait for the bounce, well that is schoolboy stuff.

Wasps continue to be out thorn in the rear and at the way we are going right now, every team will be!

If we can now bottle the first half against the Wasps with the second half against Exeter and bring that to the game, we will be back to our normal game.
A Melton lad, living in Spain.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

How come we didn't just walk in 14 or 15 tries past that useless Varndell bloke I've heard so much about?

We all know he can't defend, can't tackle, doesn't try, doesn't care, isn't a real man....

Just ask the know-it-alls on this forum.

However, he appears to have scored two tries against us.

Is it possible that certain righteous members of this forum GOT IT WRONG?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Kinoulton wrote: Is it possible that certain righteous members of this forum GOT IT WRONG?

Outrageous! Burn the heretic!
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

I would love to see these people bashing players get to the standard these players are playing at. A couple of years (well actually a fair few) when paul sackey was playing at bedford me and some friends managed to get into and watch part of a training session. Then we were invited at each of us having a go at tackling paul sackey whilst he was at a gentle jog. It took 3 of us to get him down and I think he went over in sympathy then.