Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Dr Venter and Blackett

Post by wardy »

Interesting. From the Daily Mail today:-

"HHJ Blackett has admitted he acted hastily in charging Saracens coach Brendan Venter last season with pushing a spectator at Leicester. Venter was banned for 10 weeks for 'provocative and inappropriate' gestures towards Leicester fans, but he was found not guilty of pushing the spectator.

Blackett said he accepted Venter's point that, as a qualified doctor, the charge of pushing a spectator impinged on his professional reputation.

'Brendan made a very good point,' he said, 'And I've learned from this that if you put stuff in the public domain before the investigation is complete, there are reputation issues at stake'. "

So if you're a doctor everything's OK then, but if you're one of us mere mortals different rules will apply. Don't understand this. Can anyone explain.
Give blood, play rugby!!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Dr Venter and Blackett

Post by Bill W (2) »

As a Doctor Venter could face professional sanctions for pushing a member of the public (unfit to practice) and be struck off.

Blackett is saying he should have born this in mind.

True. But so should Venter.

In fact Venter was found not guilty of that charge (I think more accurately it was withdrawn - possibly because of the implications on his professional status) - despite the witness evidence.
Still keeping the faith!
wardy
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by wardy »

Thanks for that Bill.

You are so right. Venter should have known better. A doctor should not have been involved in ANY behaviour of the sort he demonstrated that day.

It'll be interesting to see to-morrow what action the club has taken to re-locate the visiting coaches etc. I'm in the Cat stand so probably will not be able to tell from my position unless of course they have moved that area across the field!! Doubt it though.
Give blood, play rugby!!
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

What's that i can smell..... :smt023
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

wardy wrote:Thanks for that Bill.

You are so right. Venter should have known better. A doctor should not have been involved in ANY behaviour of the sort he demonstrated that day.

It'll be interesting to see to-morrow what action the club has taken to re-locate the visiting coaches etc. I'm in the Cat stand so probably will not be able to tell from my position unless of course they have moved that area across the field!! Doubt it though.
I think the back row of the Cat Stand would be an ideal place for Dr. Venter. In fact give him the entire back row to himself!!!

:smt016 :smt016 :smt016
Still keeping the faith!
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Blimey. Is Brendan Venter a doctor? A medical doctor? You could knock me down with a press release. He deserves to be praised and lauded to the skies and given all the Choco Leibniz he can eat until he chokes *cough* courteously indicates he has eaten enough and needs to go and eat cute fluffy kittens instead *cough cough ahem* dispense medical care to the poor and needy.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Gate wrote:Blimey. Is Brendan Venter a doctor? A medical doctor? You could knock me down with a press release. He deserves to be praised and lauded to the skies and given all the Choco Leibniz he can eat until he chokes *cough* courteously indicates he has eaten enough and needs to go and eat cute fluffy kittens instead *cough cough ahem* dispense medical care to the poor and needy.
Oh yes. Qualified in SA of course. But I believe he is able to practice in the UK.
Still keeping the faith!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

I wouldn't want Dr Whingebag treating me. The guys an utter :censored: and I'd punch his lights out if he tried to get near me.What an a@rse.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

g wrote:I wouldn't want Dr Whingebag treating me. The guys an utter :censored: and I'd punch his lights out if he tried to get near me.What an a@rse.

You are not numbered amongst Dr Venter's admirers then g?

:smt009 :smt009 :smt009
Still keeping the faith!
g
Super User
Super User

Post by g »

Whatever gave you that idea? LOL.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

g wrote:Whatever gave you that idea? LOL.
Ah! Perceptive me!

:smt054
Still keeping the faith!
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

If we pander to his whims and relocate visiting coaches and their teams (or, heaven forbid, just the Sarries ensemble) to other parts of the ground then I will be extremely peed off!!

It's now time that the smug, arrogant Doctor towed the line and abided by the Welford Road code as other coaches have been doing for time immemorial.

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Last edited by SaltyJackTar on Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sponsorship deals may come and go but the CRUMBIE stand will always remain.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

I've always been in favour of relocating Venter ... back to the Veld.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.