Post by Purebob »

Flood has scan on medial ligaments

Oh poo. Our shallowest position and Floody may be out first game. :(
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Flood may be out for months

Post by Darc Tiger »

Would be a disaster is it was for much more than a 2 months...

Really hope it isnt so bad... :smt009
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

Baaalix. Big hairy ones.

I shall have to start learning to love that nice Mr Staunton and give him all the support he will need in that most pivotal of positions.

:smt022
maxy437
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maxy437 »

Don't like to go overboard, but if there was one player we really need to stay fit, it's Toby. Only Chuter would rival him because of lack of cover at 2 & 10. Really think Twelvetrees needs to be given time at fly-half against Exeter.

Hope Staunton comes good too. Quick. :smt012

Get fit soon Toby :smt002
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

Staunton kept us ticking over nicely in the first games off last season. So dont forget that.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Snorbins wrote:Staunton kept us ticking over nicely in the first games off last season. So dont forget that.
Absolutely!!! And 12T meanwhile sits idly by!!!!

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!
rich1576

Post by rich1576 »

I usually like to stay positive about my posts on here, but I'm not a big fan of Jeremy Staunton. Yes he helped us out of a tight spot last season but in my opinion he is an average no 10 and the best club in the world in an even more competitive season needs to have a top class playmaker.

I am also very annoyed that a talented playmaker like Billy Twelvetrees has not been given the opportunity and is constantly overlooked. Come on Cockers give the boy a good run.
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

... or he might be fine.

He got a knee injury, and will be having a scan (as is usual for an injury of any sort). The diagnosis of up to 6-9 months and the suggestion that he is definitely out for the AIs is entirely stuff from the journalists' head.

He might be right - he might be wrong, but he's basically guessing. He knows as much as we do, and is filling column inches.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Great pity since Flood (despite his inept kicking to Foden) was one of the few that seemed up for it at FG.

Ahh if only we had a good experienced utility back capable of filling in at 10/12/15 and thus able to cover exactly this sort of situation. Meanwhile can someone remind me what happened with Bath this last weekend?

And another thing - why don't we have an IC that can kick? Oh sorry we do??

And the next scenario (i.e. accident waiting to happen) is if Ben Woods get injured?

I'm sure this will jar a bit with some but I don't think Tigers have recruited well in the close season.

I'm sure we'll be there or there abouts come May for the AP though as we do still have lots of class and fighting spirit in the team but such weaknesses will be exposed in the HC.

BTW how do we end up with Deacon and Croft injured before the season even started? Will Blaze ever play again?
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I think all the new recruits are good uns - I really do - but we didn't recruit in all the right positions.

We really needed cover at hooker and fly half, and possibly scrum half more than we needed two more quick wings ( Robinson and Agulla).

Reports from last night are that Steve Mafi looks like a cracker BTW.

And so we start another season, despite recruiting with desperate injury problems. * sigh *
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

This will not be terminal but could stunt our Early Season, but 36 must play 10 on Saturday to see how he goes.

Jezza is limited (But Honest) & our whole game plan changes with him at 10, if Jezza plays we can all forget about any of our smaller backs getting a game.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Flood's injury a real blow, BUT . . . .

Staunton playing much flatter this season, as evidenced in pre-season matches, and after Toby came off. Neither is he a flakey player!

36's pre-season very disappointing. To suggest he is the answer at 10 at the moment is a bit naive - he needs to up his game significantly to even get on the bench. I like his approach, but all this clamour puts too much pressure on him to provide instant success, something he does not yet have the experience to achieve.

Jezza held the fort for us last season, and will do so again.
Valhalla I am coming!
hugh78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by hugh78 »

could be another injury dispensation job - anyone know of any 10s in the market we can poach?

Need a big win against exeter, so possibly not the best time to be rolling the dice with 12Ts. But then again, sounds like the A league went really well...you have to admit, tough decisions for Cockers he will earn his crust this season like the previous one and a half!
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

I'd see Staunton starting on Saturday, with 12T and Manu covering all the back positions from the bench.

12T was taken off at half-time last night, so I'd expect to see him in Saturday's squad.
AidanMcDowell

Post by AidanMcDowell »

[quote="hugh78"]could be another injury dispensation job - anyone know of any 10s in the market we can poach? [/quote]

Well........there is a No 10 currently sitting idle....doesn't start at his new club until February which would be time enough for us. Dare I mention his name on this Forum? You all know to whom I refer. (Moderator may delete this on the grounds of causing upset at even thinking about it!!)