Castro and Toulouse

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Annie

Castro and Toulouse

Post by Annie »

Just read the latest Rugby Times and it seems Toulouse want Castro.
Noooooooooooo !!!!!!! :smt010
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Castro and Toulouse

Post by Darc Tiger »

Shove off! :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
JayA
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JayA »

Well I want to win the lottery and become an international play boy, but we cant always have what we want, can we? :smt043
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

Never ! I hope all the Leicester fan army build a barricade against Toulouse's ambitions. Castro is awaited in Paris where the lack of good props, both loosehead and tightheads, is really showing. :smt003
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

They can jog on.
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

tb1 wrote:They can jog on.
at the very least.
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

I wrote this months ago

They will get him --unless Tigers can come up with some proper money
Castro is ultra loyal, and a real Tigers favourite
But cold hard filthy lucre ......??????

Plus Cockerill, and four or five others mentioned to me
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

He's setting up a 2nd Resteraunt i believe and has obvious business interests here. I'd imagine if this success continues it shan't be long before Rugby isnt his main income anyway.

Also, RT has a habbit of simply writing "big player out of contract, who is a big club...ah yep, they'll do - 2 + 2 =38"

I'm confident he will stay - he is immensly loyal, has alot of roots here and is probably the crowds favourite player.

As a point of interest though - why does this forum treat news from RT when its negative as an "Oh my god its going to ahppen how can we stop it!?" but when its positive (i.e. about a good player coming in) "Ah well it sjust agents using us again, he'll never come etc etc" - we have as a club just about one of the most negative mindsets - especially when you factor in our success.
big john
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by big john »

kornboy130 wrote:As a point of interest though - why does this forum treat news from RT when its negative as an "Oh my god its going to ahppen how can we stop it!?" but when its positive (i.e. about a good player coming in) "Ah well it sjust agents using us again, he'll never come etc etc" - we have as a club just about one of the most negative mindsets - especially when you factor in our success.
Well said.

If he goes then he goes, they guy has to do whats best for him not us, i hope he stays but hey we will just carry on and you never know we could have another Dan Cole in the wings.

Remember these guys don't get much after 35 if they are lucky so if he can get reallyt good money then good luck to him.

Brings me back to a comment i made about Moody.

"He will always be a Tiger at heart and he is sort-of on loan to another club" its what you get when you have a great set-up like Leicester you can't them all.
Last edited by big john on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jauzy19
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by jauzy19 »

Why would we want Castro ? We already have 2 very good TH with Census Johnston and Benoit Lecouls, Jean-Baptiste Poux and Yohan Montès can cover too.

Stupid rumour from RT one more time, especially considering we are in September.
valerie

Post by valerie »

Annie wrote:Just read the latest Rugby Times and it seems Toulouse want Castro.
Noooooooooooo !!!!!!! :smt010
:smt027 i think that we should block all the airports and block the ferries and ask the farmers to do it for us and the the sake of rugby.(ps and ban the onion's) :smt043
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

I really don't want to see castro go, but after having resigned dan cole last year and with the salary cap i have a strong feeling that the club will let castro leave in favour of keeping the younger and lower wage demands of dan cole.
I'm not saying that castro will demand a ridiculous wage, just that the french clubs will be willing to pay him at that level with the way the market is over there at the moment.
But DON'T GO CASTRO :smt022
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Mrmatt1

Post by Mrmatt1 »

Hey now here's an idea, instead of getting into a flap about some idle gossip and rumour about something that may or may not happen in 12 months time, how about we all concentrate on the more important issue right now...i.e. the match on Sunday? :smt003
Leicester Tigers rule. FACT.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

kornboy130 wrote: - we have as a club just about one of the most negative mindsets - especially when you factor in our success.

Actually, I reckon the success is precisely the reason for the negative mindset. There's a sort of assumption that Tigers will win against a fear that they won't, combined with a feeling that anything less than the best is awful but the best is impossible to maintain. Utterly corrosive.

I combat it with supporting Ulster as well. Definitely gives some perspective. :smt002
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

kornboy130 wrote:He's setting up a 2nd Resteraunt i believe and has obvious business interests here. I'd imagine if this success continues it shan't be long before Rugby isnt his main income anyway.

I'm confident he will stay - he is immensly loyal, has alot of roots here and is probably the crowds favourite player.
Whilst I don't disagree entirely with the first quoted point, it's worth noting that in this day and age, distance is less of an obstacle and businesses can be easily controlled from afar.

Fully concur with the second quoted point.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.