New Away Shirt

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

DickyP
Super User
Super User

Re: New Away Shirt

Post by DickyP »

Rykard wrote:In the NBA, they have a coloured shirt and a predominently white shirt for home and away (can't remember which way round) maybe they should bring something similar in over the next couple of seasons..
They had a reason for this. The real question is why do we need to bother when we don't need to? The US system was introduced initially for the NFL in the days of small, poor black and white TV, when everything especially on muddy days was varying shades of grey. We all tend to have large, digital colour sets these days and the grounds are far less muddy (hence Pests refusing to play when there was a little bit of mud at Sale), which makes the whole thing irrelevant.

I defy anyone to have problems telling many of the home shirts apart. OK, there are clashes like Tiger, Saints and L Irish all in Green, or Saracens v Sale (Navy v Black) but why change except in these cases.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Hot_Charlie wrote:
DickyP wrote: [*]Insist that scrum caps are the same colour as the strips.[/list]
Ooooooh, no. It'd be starting to look like American Football...
I had a reason for this - actually I don't really care what colour they are just so long as they aren't the same colour as the opposition's shirts.

And it'll only be like American Football when we force players to wear them (it'll come given the attitudes of the Health and Safety Fascists).
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

DickyP wrote:
Rykard wrote:In the NBA, they have a coloured shirt and a predominently white shirt for home and away (can't remember which way round) maybe they should bring something similar in over the next couple of seasons..
They had a reason for this. The real question is why do we need to bother when we don't need to? The US system was introduced initially for the NFL in the days of small, poor black and white TV, when everything especially on muddy days was varying shades of grey. We all tend to have large, digital colour sets these days and the grounds are far less muddy (hence Pests refusing to play when there was a little bit of mud at Sale), which makes the whole thing irrelevant.

I defy anyone to have problems telling many of the home shirts apart. OK, there are clashes like Tiger, Saints and L Irish all in Green, or Saracens v Sale (Navy v Black) but why change except in these cases.

If you're getting at what I think you're getting at a big reason is if someone has a quick glance over there shoulder for a pass and see's someone with blonde hair and a green shirt and he passes to him but its a retreating opposition player he then feels a bit of a nana.
waster
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by waster »

Bill W (2) wrote:'Tis yellow I tell yer! With green piping!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Fluorescent yellow with High Viz reflective piping????
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

waster wrote:
Bill W (2) wrote:'Tis yellow I tell yer! With green piping!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Fluorescent yellow with High Viz reflective piping????
You've seen the prototype too!!!

The taxi driver (him whose brother mistress's uncle feeds me these morsels) has one!!!!!
Still keeping the faith!
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

If it's really going to be yellow, although that's Caterpillar's colour, has anyone really thought it through.

I can just imagine going to an Away match and the oppo fans' inevitable banter on the Terraces, a sentiment along the lines of "Leicester Tigers - brave as custard and twice as yellow", which would be most unwarranted, I'm sure you'll agree!!

Rod for own backs...?? Has this really be thought through...??

James
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

Don't worry, the new away kit won't be yellow.
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

me2 wrote:Don't worry, the new away kit won't be yellow.
This appears to be said with some confidence. Anything further...?
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

All will be revealed very soon.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

The Aussies play in yellow and have won the RWC how many times, not to mention The Ashes.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Ze Stade Fan
Super User
Super User

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

If you're taking the Aussies as an example then you're looking for a far, far away shirt. How 'bout purple, a bit like chinese silk ? Or a jockey shirt.
Nemo auditur propriam turpitudinem allegans
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Mr Bean wrote:
DickyP wrote:

If you're getting at what I think you're getting at a big reason is if someone has a quick glance over there shoulder for a pass and see's someone with blonde hair and a green shirt and he passes to him but its a retreating opposition player he then feels a bit of a nana.
No I'm saying two things: 1) the reason for the away shirts rules is solely, and explicitly, for TV but aren't thought through properly. 2) why change into pale blue when the opposition are wearing red or amber etc, and especially why change into pale blue when you play a team whose home shirts are a quarter pale blue anyway (Harlequins) and much more like our away shirt than the green, white and red hoops.

A good example was the two games against Saracens at the end of last season: when they came to Welford Road they wore their red away shirts, but didn't bother for the final where they wore their normal black and nobody seemed to have a problem!
Iain D
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Iain D »

barson wrote:The Aussies play in yellow and have won the RWC how many times, not to mention The Ashes.
Canary Yellow! It's Australian gold my friend, and don't you forget it...

(Sorry... just had a 12th man moment)
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

Iain D wrote:
barson wrote:The Aussies play in yellow and have won the RWC how many times, not to mention The Ashes.
Canary Yellow! It's Australian gold my friend, and don't you forget it...

(Sorry... just had a 12th man moment)
... and why is Canary Yellow any worse than our current Budgerigar Blue?