Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: New Away Shirt

Post by Hull Fan »

smileyd wrote:
maxy437 wrote:When Leicester used to use letters on their back instead of numbers..Tuilagi is K, eleventh letter of alphabet. Murphy is O, Waldrom is H.
Ahhh those were the days!!!!
Nice touch though having the letters, best bit of the shirt.

I've bought the new training shirt and really like that, the black caters much better for my spillages than the grey...oops sorry platinum, shirt would.
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
DickyP
Super User
Super User

Post by DickyP »

JayA wrote:Cat initially disapproved of the Cotton Traders logo, as they wanted to be the soul advertiser on the shirt but they had to back down on that one.
Interesting Freudian slip - given that sponsorship is a bit like selling your soul to the devil.
For when the One Great Scorer comes to write against your name,
He marks - not that you won or lost - but how you played the Game."
maxy437
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by maxy437 »

Hull Fan wrote:I've bought the new training shirt and really like that, the black caters much better for my spillages than the grey...oops sorry platinum, shirt would.
Was thinking of getting one myself, but have only seen them on lovell rugby, where i assume they're cotton, not player quality. Am I right, or did you get yours somewhere else?

doogie

Post by doogie »

maxy437 wrote:
Hull Fan wrote:I've bought the new training shirt and really like that, the black caters much better for my spillages than the grey...oops sorry platinum, shirt would.
Was thinking of getting one myself, but have only seen them on lovell rugby, where i assume they're cotton, not player quality. Am I right, or did you get yours somewhere else?

The ones on sale in the Tigers shop at the stadium and in Leicester are available in cotton & PQ shirts. PQ are very nice if a little pricey.

On a slightly different note, our new away strip does have its benefits. I can now say that my hair has gone platinum. Sounds much better methinks :smt003
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Platinum surfers.....

I can live with that! :smt023
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

doogie wrote:On a slightly different note, our new away strip does have its benefits. I can now say that my hair has gone platinum. Sounds much better methinks :smt003
But only if you (we :smt010) give it a slightly pink rinse! :smt003

I'm not exactly eating my words or my hat (and the stars are still an act of supreme 'hubris' as the ancient Greeks would say - pride coming before a fall), but the new kit did look a bit better 'in action' than the launch static photo (perhaps Tigers need to think through who are going to be the best 'models).

And there's still not a sign of them in the shop(s). Perhaps they'll go on an extra season if the punters only have access to them for a season and a half rather than the supposed two full seasons? Some hope - wallets out again (those who choose to indulge).
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

maxy437 wrote:

I got mine from the club shop. The 1st PQ shirt i've bought but i'm very impressed with it, they didn't have any cotton in stock when i went (Leinster match).
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

What are "Player quality" shirts made of? They look horribly plastic to me.
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Hull Fan »

Old Hob wrote:What are "Player quality" shirts made of? They look horribly plastic to me.
I thought that and i expected them to make me hotter (tempreture not looks) than the cotton ones. The shirt has been cooler (again temp not looks) than the cotton one. They feel like the material that rugby league shirts are made out of. I really like them and will get the new home shirts in PQ next season.
JWM
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by JWM »

Just seen the 'mock up' replica shirt on the shop site.

Overall, I have to say that it looks better than the actual photo of the 'player quality' shirt. BUT why is it being made collarless?
ST in new Clubhouse stand ... sadly, my back's no longer up to standing :-(