Manu to be deported?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Phil B
Super User
Super User

Re: Manu to be deported?

Post by Phil B »

Looks like someone has taken his stay for granted, and Manu is paying (temporarily I would imagine, as he would surely pass all of the tests under the points system) for what looks like an arrogant attitude.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Surely they could concentrate on deporting illegal immigrants that will probably pay no tax at all in there lives rather than trying to deport a guy that has lived in england for a long time is a future england international and will pay a hell of alot of tax in his life.
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Bill W (2) wrote:I did observe some time ago that procedurally Manu has to return to the Pacific Islands in order to apply for a (non student) visa.

Home Office is merely following procedure.
In that case I don't see what all the fuss is about. All that is required is that the correct procedure is followed.

No exception could or should be made just because Tigers might want him to play for us next season.

Whether the club have messed up in some way on this by not arranging for this to happen I don't know.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

kingol22 wrote:Surely they could concentrate on deporting illegal immigrants that will probably pay no tax at all in there lives rather than trying to deport a guy that has lived in england for a long time is a future england international and will pay a hell of alot of tax in his life.
+1
cheers
Rich
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Of course this is where Tigers went wrong, they should have put him in the back of a lorry coming in through Dover. Enough seem to manage it OK.
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

FlyingTiger wrote:Come on! There must be a single girl out there that can do the honourable thing and marry the guy?
Even if there is he will still have to go pack to the Pacific Islands to apply for a visa!!!!
Still keeping the faith!
Rykard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Rykard »

Bill W (2) wrote:
FlyingTiger wrote:Come on! There must be a single girl out there that can do the honourable thing and marry the guy?
Even if there is he will still have to go pack to the Pacific Islands to apply for a visa!!!!
nice holiday?
cheers
Rich
jack
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by jack »

What a performance. The Home Office might well be following some rulebook, but this smacks of the idiotic. He is not a freeloader, he has played for an England age group team he has the potential to pay £££ in taxes - what is wrong with these people?
Bear up, Manu.
Tigers - true Champions!
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

With this level of jobsworthiness, it wouldn't surprise me if the IRB declare that they were going to fine England for fielding an ineligible player.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

if he does have to go back to his homeland, and that he gets a work visa, will the qualification process to play for England have to start again...?
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Richard wrote:if he does have to go back to his homeland, and that he gets a work visa, will the qualification process to play for England have to start again...?

No. The England Residency allows breaks for holidays.

Incidentally, taken from the UK Border Agency Website:

If you are not in any of these categories, you must leave the UK and make a new application at your local entry clearance post.

The categories concerned are graduates, nurses, ministers of religion etc. Insofar as I am aware Manu is not any of these.
Still keeping the faith!
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

it would not be classed as a holiday...going back home.
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Richard wrote:if he does have to go back to his homeland, and that he gets a work visa, will the qualification process to play for England have to start again...?

No. The England Residency allows breaks for holidays.

Incidentally, taken from the UK Border Agency Website:

If you are not in any of these categories, you must leave the UK and make a new application at your local entry clearance post.

The categories concerned are graduates, nurses, ministers of religion etc. Insofar as I am aware Manu is not any of these.
Isn't rugby a religion?
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Richard wrote:it would not be classed as a holiday...going back home.
Wouldn't matter where he went - provided he did not play representative rugby when he was there (other than for England). I seem to recall the period concerned is cumulative six months in a three year period (might not be).
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Richard wrote:Isn't rugby a religion?
Not according to the Home Office!

And even if it were, it's ministers would be refs!!!

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Still keeping the faith!