How long will it be before the doom mongers start?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

How long will it be before the doom mongers start?

Post by Bill W (2) »

Asserting we have recruited badly, have lost too many good players and that next season we will face relegation?

KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: How long will it be before the doom mongers start?

Post by Purebob »

five weeks , thee days , nine hours and thirty minutes I reckon :D
smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by smalldell »

I think we have a good stable squad for next season! I anticipate we will be missing the following on regular international duty:-

G. Murphy
T. Flood
B. Youngs
T. Croft
L.Deacon ?
D. Cole
Castro

I believe we will see S. Hamilton playing full back a lot and could well see 12T's featuring on the wing.....

We have recruited Skivington for the second row and he will be a massive asset. I do not know how Blaze's recovery is coming on but it would be a huge bonus if he were fit.

I expect a stable midfield of M. Smith, D. Hipkiss and A. Allen, with, hopefully 12T's featuring more.

We have Grindell and a hopefully much fitter and sharper Ellis and Staunton will again be crucial to keep us ticking over.

In the forwards we can expect to see J. Crane, C, Newby, Waldum, Pinaeer and B. Woods regularly available for the back row

Second row - C. Green, Skivington and Blaze hopefully

Front row:- Chuter, White, Stankovich, Ayreza, Harris and Duffy and out Bath recruit.

All in all I think we are in good shape but probably need another prop and winger. We may even see a bit of George Ford....

The key is targeting competitions. We can only really psuh for the GP and HC in my opinion. I know the LV cup carries HC qualification but its a massive call. Hopefully, we will have a competatively fit squad for the start of the season, although I assume that those on international duty will have to have the 11 week break, which takes us to near the end of September.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

smalldell wrote:I think we have a good stable squad for next season! .
Wot no mention of Parling? And Manu T?

:smt017
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I have a hunch that Skivington may feature in the 6 nations,I don't think he is coming from the insects to get splinters in his bottom.
There are some very interesting players coming in,Jordans form has lifted no end since the announcement that"Thomas the tank engine" is coming.Good competition for places in many key positions for the reigning GP champions,just what the doctor ordered.

As an aside,do we know if the premiership is getting new sponsers?Does that mean we get to keep the Guinness pot along side the John Player one? :smt004
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote: As an aside,do we know if the premiership is getting new sponsers?Does that mean we get to keep the Guinness pot along side the John Player one? :smt004

LV are the new Premiership Sponsors.
Still keeping the faith!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Hinckley member wrote:Does your post indicate that he will be with us after all? :smt003
I could not possibly comment.

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

Has the Liverpool Victoria thing been confirmed then?I missed that.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

I dont hold out much hope of seeing exciting rugby next season if we persist with Cocky and his outdated forward based play. We have backs like Smith and Hipkiss who dont pass and who cant score! We have forwards who do no more than dominate set pieces. We should get forwards who dont bother with scrummaging and can get around the pitch and look to off-load all the time. :smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
Richard
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Richard »

I think we need to recruit a load of South Africans....we were hammered by them yesterday...... :smt040
we need to move the team to Bath
the future is bright
the future is
Scarlet Green and White
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Purebob wrote:five weeks , thee days , nine hours and thirty minutes I reckon :D

Far, far less as I suspected.

Added to previous comments, we have only sold 10,000 season tickets so far, so the season will likely be a financial disaster too.
Still keeping the faith!