Moody - A True Gentleman

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Karlm

Moody - A True Gentleman

Post by Karlm »

After a fantastic day yesterday, after watching Lewis Moodys last game in a Tigers shirt, My friend and i and our two sons went to the front of the pitch to get photos with the players. With all the emotions going on with Lewis he posed for many photos. My .son Ben asked jokingly if he could have his shirt!!. Lewis replied "If you wait outside the glass doors for me to come out you can have it". We waited outside for more than an hour with about 150 fans, from bothsides, getting more photos with the players. Lewis was one of the last to appear,with all that was going on, winning ,the GP Final, his last ever game for the Tigers, he came out to a massive cheer. I had told my Son not to be too disappointed if Lewis had not brought the shirt with him as he had a lot on his mind. But as a true gentleman he came out carrying the shirt, he called my son over and put his shirt on my boy.
This action by one of the Tiger true legends just finished off a truely fantastic day for all of us.
I am sorry if this should have been posted on another topic, i dont post very often and still a bit emotional after yesterday.
I would just like to wish Lewis all the best in the rest of his career, no matter who he plays for, he is still a fantastic player and a true gentleman.
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Re: A True Gentleman

Post by Cliffeclimber »

It's incidents like this that explain why Lewis has been so important to our club.

He's not just a top sportsman, but he's a people's people.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Lewis remembers what it was like to be a young fan and is exemplary in his behaviour towards them today.

He will will be missed on and off field.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

He's a product of our accademy and they seem to coach life skills as well as rugby ones.
I'd like to think a job will be found for him as a role model for our future players when he finishes playing for barf.
He will always be in our affections,like most of the past Tigers ,it is as Cockers said,part of the proffesional game now unfortunately.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Gate
Super User
Super User

Post by Gate »

That is an astonishing story. Or perhaps not so astonishing, as it's Lewis. What a lovely bloke. We are going to miss him so much.
hanljohnson
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by hanljohnson »

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/player_diaries.php

Lewis filmed some video diaries last week and they show what a great guy he is. Nice story.
The early bird may catch the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
Tyzot
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Tyzot »

We saw the lad being given the shirt and wondered what was the background.

Just what more can you say about the guy?

I look forward to giving him a fantastic reception when he returns to WR next season - despite the shirt colour.
SaltyJackTar
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by SaltyJackTar »

A lovely gesture that really sums up the qualities of Lewis Moody. He will be sorely missed. However, a big thank you to him for all he has done for the Tigers and good wishes for his future.
jim1918

Post by jim1918 »

An amazing story about an amazing bloke.

I was in the East Stand and watched as Lewis came round with the trophy behind the rest of the team and then jumped the barrier and took it up to the crowd. While he was still in the East Stand the rest of the team were nearly down the tunnel!!

Yesterday was a fitting tribute to Lewis and and great send off. Good luck to him and his family for the next few years.

Never forgotten, a true Leicester Legend.
bgcox8301
Tiger Cub

Post by bgcox8301 »

Goes to show the true heart of a Tiger! I read about this story in one of the papers this morning---very touching!
Best of luck to Lewis and his family
TigerGirl2210
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by TigerGirl2210 »

What a great story, and totally unsurprising!

He's a great guy, and will be sorely missed, but he's not ready to give up playing yet and if that means he needs to wear the wrong colour shirt then so be it!

He has my best wishes for his future and his family.

A Tiger to the end :smt023
The one who smiles when things go wrong, has thought of someone to blame it on
SPIKE@srufc
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Moody - A True Gentleman

Post by SPIKE@srufc »

Utter, complete, total, etc, etc model player, a true Tiger and one of the nicest blokes I've had the pleasure of meeting.
Always had time for the youngsters and this story just underlines it, puts it in bold print and slams home the full stop at the end.
Shame to see him go. One of the true Tigers!
SPIKE

It's not the winning or losing but the taking apart which matters.