6th final in a row

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

6th final in a row

Post by tigerburnie »

Now that is some acheivement for any team anywhere in the world.

Do we think we might all get behind the team over the next couple of weeks and end the constant slagging of some of our team.
Constructive critism is welcome,but if all you want to do is moan,please clear off somewhere else.

A great team performance saw barf fail to score,considering they were the much vaunted "form team"and would run tries in for fun.That means we defended very well,all of them.If one had played poorly we could well have lost.No one gave away loads of penalties,or we could well have lost.
We got into their half and forced them to concede penalties and we kicked our points and won.

Why are we still getting negativity,with no real explanation of why people have such a dislike for our players and want them out of the team.

Come on you TIGERRRRRRRSssssssss
Last edited by tigerburnie on Mon May 17, 2010 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: 6th final in a row

Post by Bill W (2) »

Our policy is one of persistent player improvement!

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

KEEP THE FAITH!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

it will be a very empty forum for the next 2 weeks if people arent moaning about the players.
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

I reckon we may need to go up a gear to win the final but its definitely in the team to do this and we are favourites for a reason.
Snorbins
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Snorbins »

go up a gear? tigers need to be in top gear from the start. the 2 semis were completely different in content. Tigers need to subdue the saffers from the start or we are going to be wasped!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Snorbins wrote:go up a gear? tigers need to be in top gear from the start. the 2 semis were completely different in content. Tigers need to subdue the saffers from the start or we are going to be wasped!
Negative to top gear.

Low Ratio Box, 4xWD.

The ball is ours - we own it!

Grind them into submission.

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
hugh78
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by hugh78 »

With Flood playing well we may yet surprise Sarries.
We are top of the league for a reason, and our stats this year mean nobody can argue with our position.
I thought Sarries looked far,far less threatening after Brits went off when we last played them, I expect he will be drawing a lot of fire. We gifted them a couple of tries too. Jordan and Louis were missing for most of that game. I'm sure Lewis will want to sign off in style and Woods can finish it off after he has run himself into the ground.

I agree with Bill on this, we must try to do what we do best and shut them down. Nerves are for semi-finals - onwards to victory or glorious defeat!

Awesome job by Cockers and Tigers given a quarter of a season with no tries and ridiculous injury list.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

hugh78 wrote:I thought Sarries looked far,far less threatening after Brits went off when we last played them,
Brits likely to be suspended.

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

if we defend like we did yesterday then sarries wont stand a chance at crossing our line. We have the players to destroy there defense but dont seem to use them. Why is it we have not seen flood hitting the inside shoulder of the 10 or 12 at pace after he done it with such devastating effect on the lions tour.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:Why is it we have not seen flood hitting the inside shoulder of the 10 or 12 at pace after he done it with such devastating effect on the lions tour.
Ahem, you mean Croft?

Answer is that he gets blocked. As he did later on in SA.

Very subtle and difficult for the refs to pick up.
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Bill W (2) wrote:
kingol22 wrote:Why is it we have not seen flood hitting the inside shoulder of the 10 or 12 at pace after he done it with such devastating effect on the lions tour.
Ahem, you mean Croft?

Answer is that he gets blocked. As he did later on in SA.

Very subtle and difficult for the refs to pick up.
Yeah dont know why i said flood :smt017
Well he wouldnt get blocked if we used it once in the final as they would not expect him to run the same line that he ran over a year ago.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:Well he wouldnt get blocked if we used it once in the final as they would not expect him to run the same line that he ran over a year ago.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! The walls have ears!!!!

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
GEH

Post by GEH »

6th final in a row, yes, but, sentiment apart, are we doooooomed?

2003 Glos(1st) 3 Wasps(2nd) 39
2004 Bath(1) 6 Wasps(2) 10
2005 Tigers(1) 14 Wasps(2) 39
2006 Sale(1) 45 Tigers(2) 20
2007 Glos(1) 16 Tigers(2) 44
2008 Wasps(2) 26 Tigers(4) 16
2009 Tigers(1) 10 Irish(2) 9

So the team topping the table at the end of the regular season has finished as champions only twice since the playoffs were introduced. Wasps have not finished first at all in this period but have been 'champions' 4 times!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Wasps used to wisely plan their seasons to peak for the play-offs and hit Twickenham in rude health whilst their opponents were weary from a heavy season.

I genuinely think that Tigers have twigged this now, and will arrive for the final with a starting XV that is raring to go and a bench full of eager participants.

If we had to play Barf, Glaws, Saints or Wasps, then I'd be worried. But if we play to anything like our true potential against Saracens then we'll win.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
RayDTuTu

Post by RayDTuTu »

2007 against Gloucester we only finished second on technicality.
we were docked 1 point for playing Ian Humph (IIRC)
Without this point docked we would have finished top.
Justice was done in the Final. :smt001