Brian Moore Writes in the Telegraph today..

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Brian Moore Writes in the Telegraph today..

Post by kingol22 »

jgriffin wrote:Creeping flankers are become a bane of the game - heads up yes, but a bind should be kept - many seem to lay the forearm on, if that.

My seasonal favourite (not) was the Ospreys when they split off in front of the posts in the dying seconds of the home game, they were actually in the defensive line before the ball left the scrum.
the ref doesnt penalise for it so you are going to do it. I have played a few games as flanker for my school this year and not once did i stay fully bound for the whole scrum and not once did i get penalised. if one team do it and do not get penalised then every team will do it.
SkippyTiger
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by SkippyTiger »

Flankers do tend to be invisible at scrum time these days, I lose count of how many times a number 8 goes to pick up from the back of a driving forward scrum only to get scragged as soon as he touches the ball by the flanker that has stayed still as the rest of their pack went backward.... that assumes the number 8 can even pick it up before said flanker boots it out of the scrum!
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

Brian Moore played at hooker so i am not convinced by his expertise on propping.

I have played in al three frow positions and can tell you that the current law on binding must have been made by a loose head

a tighthead binding on the back puts him in a very disadvantageos pushing position because his shoulder is hyper extended instead on square

actually I watched Castro's binding closely on Saturday as I always do and i think he bound mainly in the armpit area Which is a good pushing position and i do not belive is illeagal as it is not in a pulling down position on the arm

I agree with the point about the skin tight shirts and a point I have made before - they make following the legal binding a virtual impossibility

We get badly treated by some refs and better treated by other - the farce is that none of them can agree on anything and it makes game a ridiculous lottery every week.