Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Re: Allocation of tickets for GP final

Post by dailywaffle »

Why cancel your ST?
It is those non-ST holders who, having purchased a semi-final ticket on the understanding that that they would have priority for the final, appear to have been misled.

I have no problem with the club favouring ST-holders. However their communication regarding semi-final ticket sales was not as precise as it should have been.
tonyw

Post by tonyw »

tonyw wrote:
dailywaffle wrote:Tigers would appear to have deliberately misled those supporters.
If that is true they can cancel my season ticket, whats the point in having one if thats how they are going to treat you, lets hope they are true to their word :smt013
Sorry didnt engage my brain before that rant, didnt read NON season ticket holders :smt017
Haze

Post by Haze »

My question is - why are you all going? Tigers have already won the championship. All you're doing is supporting a blatant money making exercise that isn't even for true club supporters. What do you think Chelsea would say if you said they'd got to play off for the football premiership title? I don't think the answer would be printable!
Scuba Steve

Post by Scuba Steve »

Haze wrote:My question is - why are you all going? Tigers have already won the championship. All you're doing is supporting a blatant money making exercise that isn't even for true club supporters. What do you think Chelsea would say if you said they'd got to play off for the football premiership title? I don't think the answer would be printable!

The reason were still going is, that if you think the play-off's are a good or bad thing (i think a bad thing, but still going) is were going to cheer our team on (hopefully we'll get there) cos we still want to win and if they dont then just for a good day out.
Tigers Forever
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

If we were playing in Paris next weekend we might have thought about not going but as we aren't this is the only final this year!! (got to get there first)
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Haze wrote:My question is - why are you all going? Tigers have already won the championship. All you're doing is supporting a blatant money making exercise that isn't even for true club supporters. What do you think Chelsea would say if you said they'd got to play off for the football premiership title? I don't think the answer would be printable!
Its a great day out and always a big game. whether you like the playoffs or not there here to stay. I personally like the playoffs as i think it keeps the league more competitive meaning there is less of a chance for a team to dominate the league for so many years. like man u in football.
dailywaffle
Super User
Super User

Post by dailywaffle »

WUM.
Tigers have not won the championship, other than in the minds of various flat-earthists, luddites and assorted other cranks.
To suggest that 'true club supporters' should not go to the GP final is condescending nonsense.
Why compare rugby to association football? If you had any knowledge at all you would know that every major rugby nation has adopted playoffs.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

I'm a flat earthist and proud of it! It's the unthinking sheep that follow the commercial shepherd that make me feel ill. I'll not support the play offs. All it take for evil to persist is that good men do nothing!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Big Dai wrote:I'm a flat earthist and proud of it! It's the unthinking sheep that follow the commercial shepherd that make me feel ill. I'll not support the play offs. All it take for evil to persist is that good men do nothing!
Tell it as it is Big Dai!!

:smt027 :smt027 :smt027
Still keeping the faith!
rob81
Tiger Cub

Post by rob81 »

Do the tickets normally get to general sale, I know they did last year? Also are they normally the ones up in the gods that are left?
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I think HQ flogs the Gods tickets first.

I got mine via a sky 241 offer that a kind fan posted up here :smt023
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

rob81 wrote:Do the tickets normally get to general sale, I know they did last year? Also are they normally the ones up in the gods that are left?
http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/fina ... um_map.php
shows where the tickets are.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Thats a ace find kingol cheers ! :)

I never realized just how :censored: my tickets are :)

Block U13 ! I'd better take oxygen tanks and binoculars ! :smt005 :smt004
Tigersfan90
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tigersfan90 »

kingol22 wrote:http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/fina ... um_map.php
shows where the tickets are.
Wow, even the finalists allocations! Great find! :smt003
TIGERS!!!
Guinness Premiership Champions & Heineken Cup Finalists 2009
Tigers never give up !
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

Hi all. I am one of a family of four that regularly attend tigers gams throughout the season. However, i am the only one that has a season ticket and despite us all attending the SF I would be the only one that could be pretty much guaranteed to get a ticket tomorrow when they go on sale due to the one per season ticket holder rule. Additionally, i do not own a car and due to complicated rail tickets it would be impractical for me to travel via that method.
So i can sit with my family I am going to wait it out until Friday when season ticket holders can buy additional tickets, but if any of you guys who are season ticket holders are not going to buy tickets I would appreciate it greatly if you could PM me about possibly using your ST number to buy a ticket. :smt023
Thanks
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!