Matt Mullan

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tonyw

Re: Matt Mullan

Post by tonyw »

Scuba Steve wrote:
Tigerbob wrote:Matt Mullan is contracted to Warriors until 2012.

I hope we don't end up having to buy him out of a contract if he does come to us.

Think i read somewhere he has a get out clause if they were relegated, so shouldn't cost us owt.
He does have a get out clause.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

voice of the crumbie wrote:Bearing in mind that Marcos Ayerza our number 1 tight head is likely to be away at the World Cup we would only have Boris who has any real 1st team experience so signing Mullan makes sense to me.
Marcos Ayerza is our No1 LOOSEhead is he not? And with the RWC in 2011 we may have further signings in mind for the end of next season to cover RWC absentees. I don't think it would hurt to get Mullan on board though! :smt023
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
kornboy130
Super User
Super User

Post by kornboy130 »

JRB Tiger wrote:
Does Mullan play prop for Wuss or Hooker (or both)?
This is something I asked on here before. It's very much a case that he's a prop who can play hooker if needed and it's not something he's really done this season, so he's not really the solution to our lack of depth at hooker. Would be a good signing as a prop though, if we actually need another, not so sure myself.
Untrue, he was playing both up until the need for him to play hooker at Wuss just wasnt there and he was required to play loosehead more often than not. This last season is obviously not a good one to judge him as a hooker but he can play there very adeptly.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

[quote][/quote]Marcos Ayerza is our No1 LOOSEhead is he not? [quote]

Quite correct Whitecap Tiger. I meant loosehead.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!