Cocker's refused by RFU !!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Cocker's refused by RFU !!!!

Post by Mr Bean »

Would you be able to get a dual reg player from the championship out of transfer window. I beleive that bedford and sarries struck a deal to give bedford injury cover after the transfer window not 100% sure though
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Mr Bean wrote:Would you be able to get a dual reg player from the championship out of transfer window. I beleive that bedford and sarries struck a deal to give bedford injury cover after the transfer window not 100% sure though
My understanding is that you could, legally, pull a dual registered player into the squad.
Still keeping the faith!
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

It would be really handy if you could strike up a dual reg deal with exeter before this weekend and nab some of their best players for saturday please :D
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Mr Bean wrote:It would be really handy if you could strike up a dual reg deal with exeter before this weekend and nab some of their best players for saturday please :D
Cannot be done. March was the registration deadline. That is what all the fuss is about!
Still keeping the faith!
Loob19

Post by Loob19 »

Well that is good news then, should we be allowed to sign Rob Hawkins early as he has signed with us for next season.

Some how I don't think it will happen though.
TTRITH
Super User
Super User

Post by TTRITH »

I was gonna say we have three fit hookers, but I didn't have knowledge of Youngs injury.

I do hope that Cockers starts getting in some fitness training, we might need him.

Loob you do make a good point, but do you really see Bath releasing him before our likely Semi?
Richard Burnett
:axe: :smt100
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

Loob19 wrote:Well that is good news then, should we be allowed to sign Rob Hawkins early as he has signed with us for next season.

Some how I don't think it will happen though.

Especially not as Bath could stil very easily make the play-offs & would be unlikely to give up one of their players early to aid a potential rival.
Loob19

Post by Loob19 »

You are right, it is highly unlikely but the point still stands up - double standards.
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

Maybe double standards, but I guess you need to consider who we would/could sign.

If Cockers was looking to sign a hooker from a Championship club as cover then that would be more reasonable than him asking for permission to sign someone from an SA/Magners club.

We have only been given part of a story here so none of us know quite what he asked or quite what the RFU's response was other than that he asked permission for something & they said no to permission for something. We only have Cockers' (and the Mercury's) very brief version of events to go on.

Jimmy Stevenshas done OK in the A League games & there is only a slim chance that he'd be needed anyway (ie only needed if Chutes or Duffey gets injured) so we may not even need another hooker.

Fingers crossed that we won't!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

me2 wrote:Maybe double standards, but I guess you need to consider who we would/could sign.

If Cockers was looking to sign a hooker from a Championship club as cover then that would be more reasonable than him asking for permission to sign someone from an SA/Magners club.

We have only been given part of a story here so none of us know quite what he asked or quite what the RFU's response was other than that he asked permission for something & they said no to permission for something. We only have Cockers' (and the Mercury's) very brief version of events to go on.

Jimmy Stevenshas done OK in the A League games & there is only a slim chance that he'd be needed anyway (ie only needed if Chutes or Duffey gets injured) so we may not even need another hooker.

Fingers crossed that we won't!
Quite right! Only Saffercens are allowed to sign South Africans!
Still keeping the faith!
Crumblies
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Crumblies »

Tirocoeds I know you to be a decent and honourable Rugby Supporter as are most Ospreys supporters that I have met.

However you and all of them should be in no doubt how we feel as Tigers supporters.

We are aggrieved at what we perceive as grossly unfair treatment by some of the governing bodies.

One example is:
Two years ago thanks to your coaching staff, hearings into eye gouging were held, and in our view a Wich hunt carried out. This resulted in Martin Corry being suspended for 6 weeks and so brought to an ignominious end a most distinguished playing career.

I'm sorry but I'm sure I speak for most Tigers supporters when I say I can forgive but it will take a long time to forget!

That is why the topic keeps cropping up on this site

Particularly when we see events which we perceive as unfair i.e. Your apparent lack of penalty for failing to fulfil a fixure. How about Richard Cockerill declaring that our two remaining senior hookers are injured and therefore we cannot play on Saturday?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Crumblies wrote:Tirocoeds I know you to be a decent and honourable Rugby Supporter as are most Ospreys supporters that I have met.

How about Richard Cockerill declaring that our two remaining senior hookers are injured and therefore we cannot play on Saturday?
On the first point agree totally.

On the second RFU would rule Tigers forfeit the match.

No what we must do is play a 19 year old hooker and smash Sarries to smitherines at the scrums; destroy them at the line out; murder them at the ruck and maul and in defense, on those rare occasions when they get the ball do not take prisoners.

And achieve a try bonus point win!

KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
Tircoeds

Post by Tircoeds »

Crumblies wrote:Particularly when we see events which we perceive as unfair i.e. Your apparent lack of penalty for failing to fulfil a fixure. How about Richard Cockerill declaring that our two remaining senior hookers are injured and therefore we cannot play on Saturday?
The Ospreys provided Ulster with 3 alternative dates on which to play the match, Ulster then provide a 4th date which we can not accept due to international call ups, why didn't Ulster accept one of the original 3 provided ?

I'm no expert on the goings on and how things should be done, but from what I have read it seems like Ulster declared the 4th date to the ML BEFORE it had been agreed with the Ospreys.

The hearing is now set for the 12th May ...... the original one in April was postponed by the disciplinary panel not the Ospreys (as some people appear to think).
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

Bill W (2) wrote:
Crumblies wrote:Tirocoeds I know you to be a decent and honourable Rugby Supporter as are most Ospreys supporters that I have met.

How about Richard Cockerill declaring that our two remaining senior hookers are injured and therefore we cannot play on Saturday?
On the first point agree totally.

On the second RFU would rule Tigers forfeit the match.

No what we must do is play a 19 year old hooker and smash Sarries to smitherines at the scrums; destroy them at the line out; murder them at the ruck and maul and in defense, on those rare occasions when they get the ball do not take prisoners.

And achieve a try bonus point win!

KEEP THE FAITH!
Bill, that 19YO played an aggressive, sure-handed BLINDER last Monday in the A final.