Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Leicester v Saracens

Post by tigermad »

:smt030 :smt030 :smt030 :smt030

Leicester take on Saracens in the final game of the regular season and will surely be aiming to end on a high in front of an expected full house at Welford Road. A win will do me but a 5 pointer would be nice - ish.
Philip J Gray
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Leicester v Saracens

Post by Purebob »

Tigers haven't traditionally done that well after a lay off, but I think we will smash them by more than ten points !
parvacat

Post by parvacat »

I'm always staggered to find how teams that are supposedly "in form" - such as Barf a few weeks ago - come to WR and get hammered! And Sarries are supposedly "in form". I can but hope. :smt026
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

parvacat wrote: I can but hope. :smt026

You can do much more than hope!

You can KEEP THE FAITH and scream and shout on Saturday!!

:smt027
Still keeping the faith!
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

There's a streak of sporting humility within me that always prevents me from being TOO confident ahead of any Tigers match, but in truth we have a quite formidable team right now. Had we started the season with such a team I have no doubts we would have progressed in more competitions.

I do think we should smash Saracens and their "kick-and-run plus bullying" tactic but I have a worry gene !

Me an ' the lad are off to the A-final tonight , I'm even concerned about that :D

KEEPING THE FAITH !
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I'd expect a full first team out as they didn't play this weekend.
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

Purebob wrote:Me an ' the lad are off to the A-final tonight , I'm even concerned about that :D

KEEPING THE FAITH !
Needn't have worried!
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
Purebob
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Purebob »

I was bricking it for the last ten minutes !!!

We just gave 'em possession through lazy kicking and invited 'em to attack our somewhat tired and shaky defence !

At half time I never dreamed we'd only win by two !! * bites nails !* :D
Roadsweeper
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Roadsweeper »

Bringing this back to the topic. It will be interesting to see if the Tigers rest players, after having nothing to gain except a pschological edge over Saracens. I rememebr a couple of year back when we trounced Wasps in the last game of the season and then got hammered in the final, so it certainly doesn't always follow.

No doubt Sarries will be going all out for the win to try and secure a home semi. I think they have some real form players at the moment, particularly Ernst Joubert, who in my opinion is the best No 8 playing in England currently by a country mile. They also have 2 very strong sets of half back and their centres have really hit form, ( I think Brad Barrit will play for England this summer).

So do we match fire with fire and risk injuries or do we take a chance and play a combination of first and second string players and hope for the best?
Old Hob
Super User
Super User

Post by Old Hob »

Roadsweeper wrote:Bringing this back to the topic. It will be interesting to see if the Tigers rest players, after having nothing to gain except a pschological edge over Saracens. I rememebr a couple of year back when we trounced Wasps in the last game of the season and then got hammered in the final, so it certainly doesn't always follow.

No doubt Sarries will be going all out for the win to try and secure a home semi. I think they have some real form players at the moment, particularly Ernst Joubert, who in my opinion is the best No 8 playing in England currently by a country mile. They also have 2 very strong sets of half back and their centres have really hit form, ( I think Brad Barrit will play for England this summer).

So do we match fire with fire and risk injuries or do we take a chance and play a combination of first and second string players and hope for the best?
No HC so plenty of rest time in between. Nice to see some step up but nicer to see Saffies stuffed twice. Once on Sat and once again in the final (Saffies to beat Saints by 10 points in the semis)
Omnia dicta fortiora si dicta Latina
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Roadsweeper wrote:after having nothing to gain except a pschological edge over Saracens.
true we have nothing to lose except all the momentum that we have built up and that 30 odd unbeaten home record. not the sort of record you want to lose going into a home semi. teams wont admit it but i would say that alot of teams come to welford road expecting to lose.
ellis9
Super User
Super User

Post by ellis9 »

What team do you think we should play?

We are guaranteed top place so we don't need to win but we don't want to lose at home.

Maybe we could make a few changes and play Manu who looked really good on Monday night and Twelvetrees.

Or do we go for the strongest 15 available ready for next weeks semi final?

What do you reckon?
maskedsquid
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by maskedsquid »

Strongest team possible I'd say.

Although whether that means starting with Castro/Cole/White, Deacon/Kay/Parling, Croft/Newby, Allen/Smith/Hipkiss, A Tuilagi/Hamilton/J Murphy/Amorosino is anyone's guess...

Manu won't be playing though (unfortunately), as he's not got a sufficient work permit/visa (as far as I'm aware).
It's only cheating if you get caught.