Leicester v Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Leicester v Saracens

Post by parkerd68 »

What did go on in the "box" in the Crumbie? I just heard a noise go up and saw some movement in that area.

Agreed the ref was awful/incompetent, but we didn't play well enough. I had a bad feeling about this game. I can't help thinking that the players had half a mind on the fact that they're already through and they don't want to get injured, but I'm disappointed about losing the home record.

Nevertheless, a timely reminder that they're fallible, which will hopefully stand them in good stead for next week.
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Please - let us not have allegations or the like - bear in mind the previous post I made. Let's discuss the game, the ref and so on but not what may or may not have happened - if you wish to report on that you should contact the club via the usual email.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Yorkshire man
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Yorkshire man »

Back to the game, in a way I am glad we have the loss out of our system. I don't feel that we have been playing well for the last few weeks. Hopefully this defeat, although exasperating in the circumstances, will give the players a bit of a wake up call, and we can pick up again and go on to win at Twickenham. Whichever way it works out there are four good teams in the playoffs, and whoever eventually lifts the trophy will deserve it. Lets hope its us, come on you Tigers.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

There may be some afters...

Post by Darc Tiger »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... eport.html

"Leicester will launch their own investigation this week after a formal complaint was made to senior club officials by supporters about Venter's controversial conduct"

"The former Springboks centre further agitated home fans when he waved ironically, blew kisses at others and gave a theatrical bow when he left the stand four minutes from time."

Not to mention allegations of misconduct from the players.

Watch this space.
Last edited by Rizzo on Sat May 08, 2010 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged into main discussion
ZoeF
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by ZoeF »

100% agree Yorkshire man, nothing we can do about today. Looking forward to next weekend and us putting in a good performance against Bath.
Red Cap

Post by Red Cap »

Are we allowed to discuss the ref? After all any allegations about mishandling or misinterpretation of the rules, should surely be passed to the club to be glossed over.

I’ll look at Twitter for the real news, seems they aren't afraid.

What about player performances? Are we allowed to discuss them? What happens if we upset one of the precious little darlings?

To be serious though we didn't play well, gifted Saracens 2 tries and seemed to have half a mind on next week and didn't want any injuries
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Opinions on Duffey when he came on?
Tiger_in_Birmingham
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Tiger_in_Birmingham »

Darc Tiger wrote:Opinions on Duffey when he came on?
vast improvement over the last time I saw him.

Can't say he really stood out for doing anything wrong or right, seemed steady in the scrum and think we retained all of our lineout ball.

He did get knocked back a yard at the first ruck he was trying to stabilise but returned the hit and secured the ball
parkerd68
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by parkerd68 »

I'm not asking for allegations or gossip. Having watched Leicester for over 30 years now, there are very few "controversial" incidents off the pitch, and I hate it when it happens. I'm sure it's human nature to be curious, hence the question. I was after the facts from people who saw what happened, as I'm sure there are people who post on here who would have been in the vicinity of both incidents.

Also, I did comment on the match as well.
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

Agree! I didn't even know something untoward had happened. I'd like to know what happened!!!!!!!!!!! Seems like we must just behave ourselves or the headmistress will be after us again!

How boring!

Sounded like we chucked the game away! Seemslike the forth best side in the tornament will beat us at WR and go onto win it. (Just to satisfy the need for rugby based comment!)
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

It's not that I am being headmistress, boring or preventing discussion of the ref (he was, after all, part of the game!).

I am simply doing what the Club have asked me to do, i.e. to ask users not to point fingers and make accusations on here about what may or may not have happened - allegations can be sticky and dangerous things as far as the club's official messageboard is concerned. I think you'll find the club's official facebook and twitter feeds will take the same line.

I don't know what they do on the unofficial forum, I never go there.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Why oh why when anyone posts anything that may be controversial do the Mods gets on their high horses and start censoring anything that may be remotely actionable, hiding behind all this legal nonsense? It gets on my nerves. Let poeple post what they what as long at it's not overtly abusive or libellous.

Whatever happened to free speech??
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

She was told by the club.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Please remember that this is the Official forum of the Club and the moderators are instructed by the Club.
The Club do not want to get involved in anything that may be libelous, no matter how small the risk of action is.
Any incidents that happened at todays game will be dealt with by the Club and the appropriate authorities.

Please respect the Clubs wishes and the rules of the forum.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk