Leicester v Saracens

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Tiger Ghost
Top Cat
Top Cat

Re: Leicester v Saracens

Post by Tiger Ghost »

kingol22 wrote:so he was constantly pestering a member of the reffering staff. surely that is his 4 week ban unsuspended. The idea of moving the visiting coaching staff seems a bit pointless to my knowledge there has been no other incidents this season or for the past few seasons so because of one idiot it is going to change. where ever he is in the stadium he will annoy people.
Totally agree. It's the behaviour that needs to change, not the seating location
mightymouse
Super User
Super User

Post by mightymouse »

We kept chanting "we want Wayne " which seem to amuse him. I think he realised the heavy hint of mock irony!

Interesting articles.

I only heard the rumpus Venter caused as they were behind and to the right of us so do not know what happened with him till he arrived at the dugout near full time, and therefore cannot comment about his antics.

However I know exactly what was said to Brits before and after his (reported ) gesture as I was one of the ones saying it. I understand it cannot be reported here. If any official wanted to ask me what the exchange was I would only be too happy to fill them in.

I can say 2 things though

1) what was said after his gesture was a lot ruder than that before it and it reminded him who was paying for the event
2) I was not personally offended by his gesture but then again I am not offended by much - I tend to find people get too easily offended these days. I for one would certainly not want to see a chap suspended for a moment of silliness.

Finally I would also like to add that Andy Farrell joined in with some of the usual good natured banter and was a thoroughly decent bloke. He spent most of his time with a look of quizzical amusment on his face at the usual mickey taking, particularly when he was told we thought of him as one of us as he had been a good sport! ........."so get a round in!" was the final shout!

All this furore about a few comments and gestures - get over it - move on - we have a title to win!
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

IMHO four things contributed to Saturday's loss:

1. Tigers did not play well enough
2. A missed up and under for Sarries 1st try
3. An interception of a poor pass for Sarries 2nd try
4. Inconsistent and at times abyssmal refereeing

It is in our own hands to address points 1 -3 and I believe if we do then 4 will become largely irrelevant.

In the cold light of day losing may well have done us a favour. We have had relatively easy wins in the games leading up to Saturday and, dare I say it, had probably become subconsciously complacent along the lines of we are playing well, we are at home, a win isn't vital because we already have a home semi etc. This loss should serve as a wake up call ahead of the Bath game and focus on the need to perform at the top of our game if we are to win. If it does not then we are not worthy of progression beyond the semi final. I just hope the team remembers we have won nothing yet.

The above said I remain an optimistic Tigers fan and will be shouting myself hoarse on Sunday to get behind the team. If we play as well as we can we will win!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

excellent sense, voice of the crumbie! :smt026
Terrace_Tiger

Post by Terrace_Tiger »

mightymouse wrote:Finally I would also like to add that Andy Farrell joined in with some of the usual good natured banter and was a thoroughly decent bloke. He spent most of his time with a look of quizzical amusment on his face at the usual mickey taking, particularly when he was told we thought of him as one of us as he had been a good sport! ........."so get a round in!" was the final shout!
By the sound of it you were stood near me, i had a couple of conversations with Andyboy, including one where he wandered over to me (Pre Game) and stood about 4" in front of my nose as i explained that i thought his leggings looked a little "fruity" - he was an absolute star all afternoon and kept my pals and i entertained with some quality banter, there were a few nippers around us and nobody needed to swear, we were all, the Sarries lads too, having a bit of fun, at the final whistle i got a wink and a grin from Farrell, top bloke and a credit to the Sarries side for actually knowing the difference between banter and abuse and for also giving some back, the people near my little group were all giggling away so i guess it went down well!

I also saw the Brits incident up close, i too won't comment other than to say that i wasn't offended either, the guy was injured and was getting a fair bit of booing, ok it may have been a bit theatrical but there was no need for certain Leicester fans to jeer the guy like that.

A final point about the crowd on Saturday... we had a bunch of Sarries fans near us, the Sarries bench in front of us and were surrounded by Tigers fans (as you'd expect) only once did anyone feel the need to shout swearwords out, and it was a female Tigers fan with a very loud, very squeaky and possibly very drunk voice.

As for the game, i must say i enjoyed it, i thought the Referee was making it up as he went along, i thought our boys looked off the pace and i thought that the Sarries guys were up for it, we lost, i'll live with that because we deserved to lose... roll on Barf and the chance to put it right!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Terrace_Tiger wrote:[it was a female Tigers fan with a very loud, very squeaky and possibly very drunk voice.

!
Tut, tut! These women on the terraces!!

What is the world coming to?

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
Still keeping the faith!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

:smt019 :smt018
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother