Have Wasps caught Glaws disease?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Have Wasps caught Glaws disease?

Post by Bill W (2) »

Losing on their home turf to Cardiff and so missing the Amlin final against Toulon.
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Have Wasps caught Glaws disease?

Post by kingol22 »

i was actually disappointed that they didnt get to the final. Everyone is saying cipriani should be playing for england again so what better place to prove it then in a european final against jhonny wilkinson. I suppose we will just have to wait and see if flood gets the chance to give him a masterclass.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:. Everyone is saying cipriani should be playing for england again so what better place to prove it then in a european final against jhonny wilkinson. .
Everyone? Actually very few are and it does speak legions when his own club select another player ahead of him.
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

well i suppose it is a bit of an overstatement but alot of people seem to think he is a big loss to england.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:well i suppose it is a bit of an overstatement but alot of people seem to think he is a big loss to england.
OK. He has chosen to take his talents to Australia rather than stay at Wasps or move to a different NH team.

Would Wasps have picked him for the final?
Still keeping the faith!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

i dont know whether he would have started but i am sure he would of been in the matchday squad.
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

kingol22 wrote:i dont know whether he would have started but i am sure he would of been in the matchday squad.
All academic really as they failed to make the final. I certainly wasn't shouting for him to be in the England squad. No doubt he has talent but he has yet to show to me that he has the temperament. Immature and unreliable in pressure situations. A spark of genius maybe, but as was shown in the GP match against Bath, he takes one too many risk and his team suffer for it, his lapses have far outweighed his flashes of brilliance, for me.

And they won't make the GP final either, Bath will conquer Leeds and secure their own fate.
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

Wasps didn't play well enough to win, and so ends their worst season for some time, although I expect the press to laud them again next season.

They were always so reliant on Dayglo, and never played as well without him on the pitch; I think they have been unable to replace his leadership and drive, and without it, too many players have given less than 100%, and looking at Shaun Edwards, I think that is a view he shares.

Time for a clear-out of players, and head coach/rumourmonger methinks!
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fleabane wrote:Time for a clear-out of players, and head coach/rumourmonger methinks!
ButDean Ryan has gone to Wuss!!

Ruddock is available!!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
Simmo
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Simmo »

I can't believe the Insects didn't try to get the game postponed!! Wasps could never win on a pitch in that condition!!
The ERC rules must be different to the RFU rules on playable pitch conditions.....
Simmo
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

So far Wasps have recruited:-

James Cannon (England): Northampton Saints
Riki Flutey (England): Brive

And the following are leaving

Danny Cipriani (England): Melbourne Rebels
Lachlan Mitchell (Australia): Melbourne Rebels
Mark Robinson (NZ): Retired
Paul Sackey (England): Toulon
George Skivington (England): Leicester Tigers
Lee Smith (England): Leeds Rhinos (RL)

I'd be surprised if Vickery and Shaw are able to play full time. They seem to be arguing to reduce costs so next season is likely to be a tough one for Wasps.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

The difference is that the pitch is their own..........and that they can go home for pizza after the game!!!
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

drc_007 wrote:They seem to be arguing to reduce costs.
Ah!!!! The tax man cometh!!!
Still keeping the faith!
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

Tigerbeat wrote:The difference is that the pitch is their own..........and that they can go home for pizza after the game!!!
Demonstrates inaccessibility of ground, even the Pizzahut mopeds would have struggled to get their in time on a match day!
boon

Post by boon »

there was a bit of stuff and nonsense in the press about this time last year about saints taking wasps hc place, like they had a right to hc rugby just for being wasps. you wont be surprised that i think we earned our spot ratherthan nicking off someone else.

there was certainly a sense from some on their forum (i get around!) they were too good for challenge cup. so i felt some real schadenfreude to see they didnt even make the final.

the english clubs do need to be more successful overall in the euro competitions next year though or the current blip couldbecome a rut...
if you are happy and you know it, you are unusual.