Leeds v Worcester

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

fleabane
Super User
Super User

Re: Leeds v Worcester

Post by fleabane »

Wuss last second drop goal charged down, Wuss lose 12-10.
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Bye bye Worcester.
Still keeping the faith!
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Not sure how to feel about Worcesters relegation. I guess rather them than Leeds and Newcastle.
GS
Super User
Super User

Post by GS »

Tough luck Wuss. They just didn't seem able to play the last ten yards to score all season. So will Goodey still be going to Wuss? Would he have had a clause in the contract to opt out if relegated?
Opportunities always look bigger going than coming.
JRB Tiger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by JRB Tiger »

Says at the end of the article that he's not got a clause in his contract, but whether he still ends up there remains to be seen, either Tonga'uiha style or Worcester may deem him to be too expensive for the Championship and they come to a mutual agreement.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... harks.html

Well done Leeds, thoroughly deserved, Backy and Key have done a top job there. Be interesting to see how they can build on this next season.
TheLegendOfBerti

Post by TheLegendOfBerti »

who's coming up?
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Mr Bean »

TheLegendOfBerti wrote:who's coming up?
Not known yet still in play off but it will most likely be bristol or exeter.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

jgriffin wrote:Really can only be Briz or Chiefs, but wonder whether the wheels are in motion for 14 clubs? I would like to see Exeter, there's other clubs near Briz but Exeter is a jewel of a place for the weekend visit. And you can meet the Griffin clan who all (almost) live there.
Doubt if wheels can turn that fast. And Welsh would get uppity.

I would have no objection though.
Still keeping the faith!
captain_insaino
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by captain_insaino »

looks like andy goode will be playing in the championship next season then... :smt042
TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Daveyboy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Daveyboy »

In recent times, both Harlequins and Northampton have come back to the Premiershipmuch better for a year in the championship.

It might be the re-making of Worcester.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
RTS

Post by RTS »

They could have done with Goodey today.
I went to the game, not expecting any thrills - and wasn't disappointed.
Wuss could possibly feel a bit unlucky to have lost- I reckon a couple of their missed kicks should have been a formality. They gave away some soft penalties in the first half, but were the ones looking to attack in the second half.
Leeds put up a good defensive performance (despite leaking a good Wuss try), Backy having done a good job on that aspect of their game.
Marco showed flashes of class, deserving MOM. I was curious to see if Hendre Fourie would live up to his growing reputation, but I did't see anything special from him in this "dog fight" of a game.
From a personal perspective I am pleased Leeds stay up, as It means I get the chance to see Tigers on my "doorstep" in West Riding next year, rather than it being a biannual opportunity.
Tigerbeat

Post by Tigerbeat »

Following the final home game of the 2009-10 season, Leeds Carnegie have confirmed that a further seven players will be leaving the club at the end of the current campaign.

World Cup winner Andy Gomarsall will leave the club having moved to Yorkshire on a one year contract last summer whilst prop Alex Moreno will retire at the end of the current campaign.

Dual code international Henry Paul, prop Peter Bucknall, stand off Jason Strange, scrum half Joe Bedford and prop Tommy McGee will also leave the club in the summer.

The players join Calum Clark, Scott Armstrong and Joe Ford who will join Northampton next season whilst it was already announced that hooker Rob Rawlinson will end his 11 year association with the club after 201 appearances for Leeds Carnegie, making him third on the all time appearance list for the club.

Commenting on the players leaving Director of Rugby Andy Key said, "On behalf of everyone at the club, I would like to thank the guys for their outstanding contribution to the team, not just this season, but in the case of most over the last few years.
"They leave with our very best wishes for the future," added Key.
SUPPORT THE MATT HAMPSON TRUST
www.matthampson.co.uk
wolves tigger
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by wolves tigger »

Tigerbeat wrote:Following the final home game of the 2009-10 season, Leeds Carnegie have confirmed that a further seven players will be leaving the club at the end of the current campaign.

World Cup winner Andy Gomarsall will leave the club having moved to Yorkshire on a one year contract last summer whilst prop Alex Moreno will retire at the end of the current campaign.

Dual code international Henry Paul, prop Peter Bucknall, stand off Jason Strange, scrum half Joe Bedford and prop Tommy McGee will also leave the club in the summer.

The players join Calum Clark, Scott Armstrong and Joe Ford who will join Northampton next season whilst it was already announced that hooker Rob Rawlinson will end his 11 year association with the club after 201 appearances for Leeds Carnegie, making him third on the all time appearance list for the club.

Commenting on the players leaving Director of Rugby Andy Key said, "On behalf of everyone at the club, I would like to thank the guys for their outstanding contribution to the team, not just this season, but in the case of most over the last few years.
"They leave with our very best wishes for the future," added Key.
OK so they are leaving leeds after doing a good job BUT who will wuss let go at the end as they have too big a wage ??????? anyone who we could do with ....... miles ben , mr gillies , rassmason . I think cecil will have to cut his cloth to suit ....Sorry to see them go but they have had the same end all season cannot finish , sorry guys , bit of a shock for AG when he gets back , IF he goes there ???????? we shall wait and see .