Tigers attacking rugby

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

Hull Fan
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tigers attacking rugby

Post by Hull Fan »

Just been having a look at the league tables and it's interesting to see that Northampton & Bath (later in the season) the ambassadors for free flowing attacking rugby have been out scored by Leicester.

I don't know what % of these points are tries or kicks but it does show that we do play some rugby and have also conceded the least points as well.

Guess with the most points scored & least conceded is why we are top of the league.

Well done Tigers
The East Yorkshire Branch
Coalville RFC - "It's in the blood"
Super User
Super User

Re: Tigers attacking rugby

Post by 4071 »

After a dodgy start, Leicester top the try-scoring in the GP, alongside Gloucester and Bath. 40 tries in 20 games.

Saints have 39 tries, London Irish have 38.

Leicester also have twice as many try-scoring bonus points as any other side, with 6. Irish and Bath are next with 3.
Humbo

Post by Humbo »

I've found the 'opta team stats' on the guinness premiership website to be the best. They even have a tab that shows all stats in relation to attacking rugby. On almost all the stats associated with attacking rugby, we are near the top.

Below is the link

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/stats/optateam.php
Andy Goode wrote the Bible, and Sam Vesty replaced Jesus!
Sam W
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Sam W »

Considering our extremely dodgy start to the season, I think this has to be a testament to how we've grown as a squad when at full strength! I remember seeing Jerry Guscott singing our praises in one of his BBC blogs a couple of months back too- something along the lines of us and Saints being the two teams playing expansive rugby even with the awful kicking tennis that was going on at the time
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Praise from Guscott means little.

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Still keeping the faith!
westy154
Super User
Super User

Post by westy154 »

Last season and this, most teams have started by playing conservative rugby. In both seasons teams have then opened up as the season has progressed. Last season Tigers had to start chasing points because we got in to trouble (the away game at Wasps was the turning point) and had to. The same this season for Saracens who after an ultra conservative start are now playing some really good stuff.

Tigers have evolved a bit more this season, but we are coming good at the right time once again.
John
---
He is able to lift up a heavy object when that heavy object says "lift me now".
Sam W
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Sam W »

Bill W (2) wrote:Praise from Guscott means little.

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
:smt023 you know the one Bill!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

Humbo wrote:I've found the 'opta team stats' on the guinness premiership website to be the best. They even have a tab that shows all stats in relation to attacking rugby. On almost all the stats associated with attacking rugby, we are near the top.

Below is the link

http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/stats/optateam.php
some interesting stats there. leeds have beaten the most defenders in the league with 248 beaten 6 ahead of second place saints.