Parking on Sunday near Kingston Park?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Parking on Sunday near Kingston Park?

Post by tigergirl »

We're driving up to Newcastle for the weeekend and wonder if anybody can give us any advice about where best to park near the Falcons' ground. Obviously we'd like to be able to make a quickish getaway after the game. We wondered about parking at Kenton Bank Foot Metro or the next one on the way out to the airport - the logic of this is that we figure that most supporters using the Metro will be heading back into town so the queues might be shorter going the other way? Both have car parks but are they free? Any suggestions would be gratefully received as we're likely to be on a tight schedule as we're hoping to do some of Hadrian's Wall in the morning, then a nice lunch!!!
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Parking on Sunday near Kingston Park?

Post by me2 »

I normally stay in the city & use the metro to get to & from the game but I did drive one year & parked in the metro carpark.

As I recall, parking in the metro carpark on a sunday is free. You only need to pay Mon-Sat. But even then it is not that expensive.
Humbo

Post by Humbo »

There is a very large 'Tesco's Extra' car park right next to the Kingston Park metro station which is free and unused as Tesco's is forced to close at 4 on Sundays. I know the game is at 3, but I can guarantee that there will be loads of space there before and after the match. it is most definitely your best bet.
Andy Goode wrote the Bible, and Sam Vesty replaced Jesus!
Rowbo

Post by Rowbo »

Having family up - north , I go to this fixture every year. My family parks EVERY TIME at a primary school car park , about a 3min drive and 5 min walk from the ground. The school rent it out to the club on match days - well priced, close by, allways spaces - and well sign-posted! :smt023
Stu_F
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Stu_F »

I've parked at both Tescos & Kenton Bank Foot Metro, the latter was slightly closer & the traffic flow back to A1 was better as when I was at Tesco all the shops were closing as the match ended. There are less spaces at Kenton Bank Foot station.
Northeast Tiger

Post by Northeast Tiger »

Hello,
drove along the military road today looking at Hadrians Wall. Lambs ariving in large numbers now. Curlews circling above with their eerie call and crows dive bombing the Buzzards. How I miss the fumed filled city of Leicester.
After dining come up the A.1. to Kingston Park roudabout, head towards Tesco's. On reaching the Supermarket roundabout, turn left instead and turn into the road leading to Next and Boots. There is a church on your left, go past that and park next to kerb leading to the grass field. There is no charge and it just a quick walk through the housing estate to the Rugby ground. It is also easier to get put back to the A.1. after the game. :smt045
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

Being a native of the area around the ground, I would say WHATEVER YOU DO DO NOT PARK AT TESCO!!! :smt018 The parking patrol are like vultures on rugby matchdays.
We always park at Callerton Parkway as we usually stay there, and its literally minutes from the motorway. The Metros into town are usually heaving after the game so you are correct in assuming that the Metros the other way are a lot quieter - last year OH and me and another couple of Tigers fans were the only ones waiting for the Metro towards the Airport.
I went to the Falcons for years and parking round there is an absolute nightmare which is why most people got the Metro. Bear in mind as well its a heavily built up residential area and there are sneaky restrictions everywhere - this year we're thinking about leaving the car at my Mum's house (which is only one stop away from Kingston Park) failing that we will definitely use Callerton Parkway.
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
tigergirl
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by tigergirl »

Thanks for all the help guys - I think I've got the general idea. Roll on Sunday!!!