Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Newcastle v Leicester

Post by tigermad »

:smt030 :smt030

Leicester travel to Newcastle looking to secure a win and a home GP semi-final spot in May. Never an easy place to get a win but recent form suggests that Leicester can get the win.
Philip J Gray
Mr Bean
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Re: Newcastle v Leicester

Post by Mr Bean »

tigermad
Super User
Super User

Post by tigermad »

Philip J Gray
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

I am hoping to go to this game as it's the nearest Tigers are going to get to me this year,always a tricky fixture.Tigers must be tropical species as they don't often do too well in the frozen north :smt004
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
chinnjamie
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by chinnjamie »

I have decided not to go to this fixture for the benefit of Tigers, each time i have been to Kingston park Tigers have lost, so im staying at home :smt023
norfolkexpat
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by norfolkexpat »

It will be interesting to see if RC is willing to write this one off and concentrate on the two home fixtures...
I said long ago on another thread that we dont seem to be as committed at certain 'bad memory' venues of which Newcastle is definitely one, along with Sale
This is to do with percentages and the theory that certain matches are targeted for outright victory and others not....
So it will immediately be obvious when we see whether it is the !st XV or the 2nd's !! But as we have had a fallow week-it most definitely should be the 1st
Over to you , RC !!
doogie

Post by doogie »

norfolkexpat wrote:It will be interesting to see if RC is willing to write this one off and concentrate on the two home fixtures...
I said long ago on another thread that we dont seem to be as committed at certain 'bad memory' venues of which Newcastle is definitely one, along with Sale
This is to do with percentages and the theory that certain matches are targeted for outright victory and others not....
So it will immediately be obvious when we see whether it is the !st XV or the 2nd's !! But as we have had a fallow week-it most definitely should be the 1st
Over to you , RC !!
Been at the Tigers A game tonight and saw full run outs for 12trees and Amorosino as well as Green, Woods and Pienaar, plus good game time for Ellis (who doesn't look 100% match fit), White and Brett Deacon.

This suggests that these guys were playing tonight to keep match fitness in case they are needed and will probably not play Saturday unless injuries dictate.

Tigers are on a roll right now and we will want to keep that momentum if possible. And after a season of constant team changes due to injuries and internationals, consistancy of selection will be the key issue. Therefore I predict a team not dissimilar to the one that beat Bath and one that RC intends to take all the way to the GP final if we get there.

Plus I'm thinking Flood, Parling and Grindal might be relishing the thought of playing the Falcons so full steam ahead.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Only fighting on one front this year. So burn out shouldnt come into play. Particularly with the breaks some players have had in recent weeks. And anyway, winning all 3 games gives us a great shot at top spot.

All guns focused on the Geordie Budgies!
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

not going to be an easy game... not by a long chalk!!! Dont underestimate us.. oops, sorry, the Falcons :smt003

me (Geordie) and the other half (Leicester lad) will be there as well. If anyone is wondering who the traitor in the Tigers players hoodie with the Geordie accent is.... well, its me :smt003 (and hopefully they've sorted the bar queues out as well - missed the start of the first half last time queuing for me Guinness... and you thought the service at Welford Road was bad :smt043 )
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

norfolkexpat wrote: Over to you , RC !!
i am sure he appreciates your permission to carry on coaching and picking the team has he wish's... :smt005
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

We have to tonk them otherwise we're admitting we can't do what Cardiff Blues can.
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

Barson - let tonking be the word for today. You have spoken :smt045 :smt045 :smt026 :smt031
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I am going to this one and looking forward to a nice sunny Sunday afternoon in Newcastle but I just read on the GP website that the referee is ........ CHRIS WHITE! That levels the playing field as I had us as favourites until that!
Always a Tiger