Jordan Crane

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

JP
Top Cat
Top Cat

Jordan Crane

Post by JP »

Is it me or has his off-load game got a massive amount better in the last few games. He is busting tackles and looking for the off-load, which is must improved on the early weeks of the season.

If, as I would expect, he makes the trip over the summer to OZ and NZ with England, given the poor performance of Nick Easter, do we think Cranes game could well be suit the firmer ground???
parvacat

Re: Jordan Crane

Post by parvacat »

It's just you! His game has been marginally better but he lacks dynamism and vision. One paced and no real presence. Is any opposition player afraid of him? No.....Sorry.
Wayne Richardson Fan Club
Super User
Super User

Post by Wayne Richardson Fan Club »

A player standing still at present at best, lucky to be in the starting XV in front of Newby & Deacon (B).

Thomas the Tank will be a shoe in at 8 unless JC improves.
To win is not as important as playing with style!
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

he seems to be very underrated. ok he dosent score loads of trys and make flash offloads but he takes the ball forward when ever he gets it it may only be a few yards but it keeps momentum.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

I fear he is becoming on of the grafters in the side that gets scrutinised for not being flashy.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

parvacat wrote:It's just you! His game has been marginally better but he lacks dynamism and vision. One paced and no real presence. Is any opposition player afraid of him? No.....Sorry.
Sorry to say it, but I have to agree with parvacat.

It's all very well taking the ball three yards into contact, but it is so bl**dy predictable that it gives the opposition defence time to go into their changing rooms, have a team meeting, decide who's marking who, make sure the width of the pitch is adequately covered, have a brew and maybe a Nice biscuit, before ambling back out onto the pitch to defend the inevitably slow ball. And then their only worry is that it doesn't get slipped to a real play-maker like Youngs, Murphy or Hamilton.

None of this is Crane's fault. He's acting on orders, as was Corry towards the slightly disappointing end to his career.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
mike
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by mike »

He's had a poor season - made no progress at all . thomas the Tank will get the 8 spot next year .
WhitecapTiger
Super User
Super User

Post by WhitecapTiger »

mike wrote:He's had a poor season - made no progress at all . thomas the Tank will get the 8 spot next year .
So positive......

I actually agree and disagree with mike on this.

Yes Thomas waldrom probably will get the start next season, but;

No Crane hasn't had a poor season, that's a bit ott, earlier on he was just lumbering a bit and going to ground, so as Kinoulton alluded to - it's all a bit predictable, and as parvacat hinted - the fear factor isn't there so much, BUT he has started offloading more, breaking more tackles, finding gaps & making 10 yards (or more) instead of 3 yards (It's not just Crane doing that by the way), so ultimately, IMO, he has made some progress........
Kinoulton wrote:None of this is Crane's fault. He's acting on orders, as was Corry towards the slightly disappointing end to his career.
Very true.

Personally I hope he has a blinder today and rams it all down the throat of the doubters.....
Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.
Tiger_Chief
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Tiger_Chief »

Has anyone seen him play for the Saxons.... where he does offload also makes hard yards. Personally we play a tight conservative forwards game at Leicester, so no wonder we haven't seen much of him.
All good 7's play on the edge if not they are a waste of space!!
tigersince74
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by tigersince74 »

Well I hope all you knockers are eating lots of humble pie. Jordan was immense today and provided the platform from which Youngs, Flood et al destroyed Bath.

IMHO man of the match, well done Jordan.
Humbo

Post by Humbo »

I was certainly impressed with one of his runs today, where he got tackled about 3 times, but just kept getting back to his feet each time and carrying on.

I didn't used to like him, but i now appreciate that he is a very good grafter. He is exceptional at making the hard yards, setting up a strong platform, and he is also a good catcher of the ball at the back, as support for murphy.
Andy Goode wrote the Bible, and Sam Vesty replaced Jesus!
Lis113
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Lis113 »

Thought he played well today and better than in recent games.
Mafi is my man.
tb1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by tb1 »

Makes the hard yards, when he goes to ground he is doing so in order that the ball comes back in good order.

Top of the prem for carries :smt001 .
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Great bustling performance from Crane today. Made a lot of good carries.
redlakie

Post by redlakie »

Thought he had a good game today - looked keen and made the hard yards when needed ... Looked like his confidence had returned to me!