Yet another Saracens gimmick

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Yet another Saracens gimmick

Post by kingol22 »

putting on entertainment at half time cant be the best thing to do can it?
at half time fans will be visiting bars spending money so why do you want to do something that is more likely to keep them in there seats instead of buying overpriced beer and food.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kingol22 wrote:putting on entertainment at half time cant be the best thing to do can it?
at half time fans will be visiting bars spending money so why do you want to do something that is more likely to keep them in there seats instead of buying overpriced beer and food.
Press coverage.

:smt023
Still keeping the faith!
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

Can we have a kicking competition involving our half time announcer with a target on his :censored:
Piesy
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by Piesy »

It amazes me how people rubbish the idea of people trying to make the day out to the rugby all that it can be. During my visits to Welford Road the half time entertainment has consisted of kids teams doing a lap of the ground (not a bad things for the kids to get a chance to have this experience)and peoples birthdays being read out. Last time I was there people completed a quiz and won a prize of £50. Call me radical but I would gain a lot more enjoyment from someone trying to (and probably failing) to win a massive amount of money than any of the above. Without going into the whole Northern v Southern Hemisphere debate, having also attended a lot of Canterbury Crusaders games. Their entertainment consisted of Crusaders horsemen doing laps of the field on their horses before kick off. This had the effect of stirring up the crowd and giving the kids a thrill. On other occasion's they also had moto cross riders doing jumps and even bands. If this entertainment doesn't effect the cost of the tickets and encourages people who may not have gone to the rugby to attend what is the problem? Or are we all better to sit and twiddle our thumbs/fluff our blankets/blow on our hot tea before the game and at half time. Rugby is a professional game, it needs to be marketed to all possible avenues and compete with a lot of other attractions. :smt035
Piesy
G.K
Super User
Super User

Post by G.K »

Yes all well and good but we are talking about LFC here and they don't seem to be able to organise the bars correctly let alone horsemen riding around at half time. :smt002
Nowadays referees decide matches, players by how much.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

cheer leaders.... nuff said really... :smt005
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Tyler
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Tyler »

kevf wrote:cheer leaders.... nuff said really... :smt005
Don't get Bill W started our kid! :smt002 :smt023
The maul is back! JUSTICE !
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kevf wrote:cheer leaders....
What a brilliant idea kevf.

Now why did not I think of that?

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

Piesy wrote: Without going into the whole Northern v Southern Hemisphere debate, having also attended a lot of Canterbury Crusaders games. Their entertainment consisted of Crusaders horsemen doing laps of the field on their horses before kick off.
And having just watched three back-to-back SH Super 14 games played in front of largely empty stadiums, that is clearly working!

I am always shocked how empty the stadiums are for the Super 14 games.
Always a Tiger
fleabane
Super User
Super User

Post by fleabane »

What about Cheerleaders? Bands? The dreadful half time dirge? Endless troupes of children? Tiger crowd surfing the Terrace? People arriving at their seat late after half time? :smt030 Whats wrong? Whats right?

Is the real problem that people have such a short attention span they need entertaining all the time, and can't find anything to discuss with those around them? Or do we need to provide more of a spectacle to attract and satisfy a younger audience? :smt035 Gimmicks for some are entertainment to others.

I happen to like chatting to those around me on the Terrace, but I understand those who want more. I can always turn my back on it if I don't like it. We are in the entertainment industry, like it or not:-)
Valhalla I am coming!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

fleabane wrote:What about Cheerleaders?
What a great idea!

:smt026 :smt026 :smt026
Still keeping the faith!
Cliffeclimber
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Cliffeclimber »

Wuss had cheerleaders.

Before the game and at half time.

Lots of golden pom-poms.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Get Julian to put on a sheepdog trial at half time. Get the dogs to round up all those kids on the pitch!!!!