Citing commisioner-where?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Citing commisioner-where?

Post by tigerburnie »

So no citings from the commisioner from Tigers game,had we dished out some of those tackles,would we have got away with it.Or,is it that as no-one was injured badly why bother eh? :smt017
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Re: Citing commisioner-where?

Post by Bill W (2) »

tigerburnie wrote:So no citings from the commisioner from Tigers game,had we dished out some of those tackles,would we have got away with it.Or,is it that as no-one was injured badly why bother eh? :smt017
We are not Welsh and those who committed the offences were not French.

Ergo - no citings.
Still keeping the faith!
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

No citing for Newby's alleged "spear" tackle the weekend before against Saints though so yes, we DID get away with it when one of ours made a bad tackle.

(I know he got a yellow at the time but some have suggested that the tackle was possibly worthy of a red & therefore could have been cited).

Are you honestly saying that any of the Irish tackles deserved a red card? Citings only occur for incidents that are deemed to have deserved a red card, not a yellow (as some of them may possibly have deserved).
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

i thought citings were for offences that were deemed as not dealt with ion the field... so if it was a punch unseen should have been a yellow could have been cited if it was yellow but should have been a red it would be cited...

maybe the citing ref looked at the game and decided they had been dealt with sufficiently....
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

No Kevf, citings are only for offences deemed to have met "the red card test", ie are felt to have deserved a red card during the matchh but whuich were not dealt with in that way at the time.

Yellow cardable offences that were missed during the match can occasionally be mentioned via a report from the commissioner to the clubs but these are never made public and never result in citings. They can count as yellow cards in totting up procedures but do not result in punishment for the incident itself.
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

is that the actual rule... so only offences deemed as a red card can be citied... ok i thought it was just for offences deemed as not handled on the field by the referee... things like over agressive rucking which may have only been a yellow at the time had the ref seen it..

i will take your word for it
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

I understood that a citing could be made whether a 'red card offence' was punished at the time or not. For example, even if a ref caught someone gouging, his only sanction is a red card, although his match report would presumably invite officialdom to take further sanctions.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

Ads677 wrote:I understood that a citing could be made whether a 'red card offence' was punished at the time or not. For example, even if a ref caught someone gouging, his only sanction is a red card, although his match report would presumably invite officialdom to take further sanctions.
A red card automatically leads to a discplinary hearing so a citing is unnecessary.
Still keeping the faith!
Ads677
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by Ads677 »

Thanks Bill W for clarification.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 562103.stm

What do we reckon? Slap on wrist and one week ban? He is Welsh!
Still keeping the faith!
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

kevf wrote:is that the actual rule... so only offences deemed as a red card can be citied... ok i thought it was just for offences deemed as not handled on the field by the referee... things like over agressive rucking which may have only been a yellow at the time had the ref seen it..

i will take your word for it

Yes, that is the actual rule.

See here for Premiership regulations on citings (Page 4, points 10 & 11)
http://www.rfu.com/TheGame/Regulations/ ... App_7.ashx

10. Before bringing a citing complaint the Premiership Citing Officer must be satisfied that in his opinion the act of foul play merited the award of a Red Card (the ‘Red Card Test’). That is, he is satisfied that had the act been detected by Match Officials the Referee would have sent off the offending player, or, if the act was detected and the player was not sent off then the Referee was wrong in not awarding a Red Card.

11. If the Premiership Citing Officer assesses that a player committed an act of foul play which did not satisfy the Red Card Test but that the incident should be brought to his attention he may issue a written warning (known as a ‘Level 1 citing’). In these circumstances the RFU Disciplinary Manager shall communicate to the club and player by way of a letter or email, indicating that the act was detected, stating that no further action is intended on this occasion but warning the player as to his future conduct. Such a written warning will be recorded on the Club register and may be taken into consideration in future disciplinary proceedings. It will remain on a player’s record for 5 years and be treated as though it were a Yellow Card for the purposes of totting up during the relevant season.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 562103.stm

Four weeks.

Irish player - one week.
Tigers player - 4 weeks (12 if one a Welsh player - 16 if on an Osprey)
French Player - 16 weeks (20 if on a Welsh player)

SH player - 2 weeks (no case to answer if on a Welsh player).
Still keeping the faith!
me2
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by me2 »

You do talk some nonsense at times Bill!
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

me2 wrote:You do talk some nonsense at times Bill!

I know.

Tigers player - 4 weeks (12 if one a Welsh player - 16 if on an Osprey)

Should read: Tigers player - 8 weeks (16 if one a Welsh player - 20 if on an Osprey)
Still keeping the faith!