Lewis Moody is going to Bath!!!!!!!

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Re: Lewis Moody is going to Bath!!!!!!!

Post by bluntiger »

Bath Rugby wrote:...... flowing rugby, ambition, a team on the ascent and a city that has the style, characater and vitality that Leicester will never offer.
And cocaine! Remember Stevens, Crocket, Harrison, Lipman and co. That is less that 12 months ago and they were only the ones that got caught.
Always a Tiger
Leghorn

Post by Leghorn »

Bath Rugby wrote:Well done Lewis. He has obviously seen in Bath that which he nolonger sees in the Tigers : flowing rugby, ambition, a team on the ascent and a city that has the style, character and vitality that Leicester will never offer. This is a statement of clear intent. :smt023

Nice of you to come on here and gloat!.

I'm sure we all wish Lewis the very best of luck for the future and thanks for the past 14 years of exciting service.

Don't start moaning on your own forum if Lewis sustains a long term injury or prolonged England call ups that deprive you of his services because just as you have done there will be a Tigers fan on your forum basking in a little schadenfreude.
adam789

Post by adam789 »

When I saw the article pop up on BBC Sport my friends rushed in because they thought that someone I knew had died. Absolutely devastated.

I am going back to Bath next near for my final year, but I don't think I will be able to watch the games on TV anymore, let alone go to The Rec.
Formerly known as LeisurePirate...
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

westwinds31 wrote:Great shame that Lewis is moving on, but I wish him all the best. So, just to recap, nobody died, we all carry on and support the best club in the world. :smt023

Very sensible post westwinds. I am as sad and upset about Lewis leaving as the next person, he's always been one of my favourite players to watch, but it really is not the end of the world, or even the end of the club.

Mind you, in my mind he will always be one of "ours" - whoever he plays for - like Gibbo, Johne, Pat...
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Big Dai
Super User
Super User

Post by Big Dai »

You traitor Moody! Back in Henry VIIIs time you'd have lost your head for this.

Don't go looking fo a Christmas card from me boyo!

BATH!!!!!!!!

The world has ended! It's bad enough having Dorian and Dusty leering at us from the Saints! But this.............I am beside myself. The Mrs is beside herself and I can tell you that ain't pretty!

Off to burn me shirts!
Exile Wigstonite living in Wales.
Poet laureate of the "One Eyed Turk".
Bar stool philosopher in the "Wilted Daffodil"
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

Good luck to Lewis. He will be missed!!

Like all our former favourites who moved on or retired e.g. Pat, Deano, Gibbo, Austin, Dave Lougheed, Backy and others too numerous to mention he'll always be a Tiger!

But as others have said let's move on and rally behind the best club in the world.
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
beech

Post by beech »

Nice to read your post Bath Rugby. In it you forgot to mention the fantastic spectator facilities at the Wreck - sorry Rec. Having been soaked to the skin in your stand I am not surprised you overlooked it.

:smt018 :smt018
tf22
PinBath

Post by PinBath »

Hi All,

Well, when I heard that Moody was coming to Bath I too thought it some sort of joke! I can understand many of your comments about him coming to Bath as many of us thought the same when Dan Lyle moved to Welford Road.

Whilst I will never support Tigers, I do enjoy coming to Welford Road each year (usually to come second!! :smt022 ) as my out-laws are Tigers fans. I always feel that you have the same passion for the game & your team as we have here in Bath. As it should be.

I have some reservations about Moody coming to Bath, particularly as it's late in his career and with his injury record of late, but one can never doubt his commitment on the field. In particular, something that Bath have lacked in recent years, is his chasing at the kick-off - truly superb! I hope this will continue.

All the best for the rest of the season (except for 3rd April, of course :smt002 ) and hope Lewis can perform as good for us as he has for Tigers.
johnno24

Post by johnno24 »

I'm so gutted he's going - cannot believe its to bath though!!
Is something going on within welford road that is making everyone leave?or is it a case we've still got to pay for the redevelopment?
someone please explain cannot get my head round the idea of him leaving for bath!! france yes he deserves to earn some extra cash before career ends but Bath?
sorry for babbling but i'm so upset by it :smt089 :smt089
harry_rocks_yes_he_does
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by harry_rocks_yes_he_does »

In a word... GUTTED! :smt089
Phil_Sandford

Post by Phil_Sandford »

Shocked? Dismayed? Sad? Actually I feel betrayed; and this his testimonial season too.

Anyway, what's done is done; Tigers Tigers Tigers !!!!!
Rizzo

Post by Rizzo »

Phil_Sandford wrote:Shocked? Dismayed? Sad? Actually I feel betrayed; and this his testimonial season too.

Anyway, what's done is done; Tigers Tigers Tigers !!!!!

It's Ben Kay's testimonial season this season. Lewis & Geordan had a joint testimonial last season.
Don't waste your time away thinking about yesterday's blues
Demelza - another Mother
Granby
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Granby »

bluntiger wrote:
Bath Rugby wrote:...... flowing rugby, ambition, a team on the ascent and a city that has the style, characater and vitality that Leicester will never offer.
And cocaine! Remember Stevens, Crocket, Harrison, Lipman and co. That is less that 12 months ago and they were only the ones that got caught.
If there is one player who doesn't need any stimulant to run around like a mad twit it's Lewis.
Darc Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by Darc Tiger »

Moody speaks:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... igers.html

Seems we were hard lines with him.

A little disappointing from the management, but probably the right business decision.
TigerS2
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by TigerS2 »

Darc Tiger wrote:Moody speaks:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyu ... igers.html

Seems we were hard lines with him.

A little disappointing from the management, but probably the right business decision.

Yes, fair enough. It isn't personal.