Teams up for London Irish

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

smalldell
Gold Member
Gold Member

Teams up for London Irish

Post by smalldell »

It looks like Cockerill will put mostly the same team out on Saturday which means something like this:-

Ayzera
Davies
White
Kay
Parling
Newby
Woods
Crane
Youngs
Flood
Loti
Allan
Smith
Hamilton
Murphy

The only changes I predict are Hamilton on the wing for Tualigi (who was woeful) and Flood for Staunton (who has no confidence at the moment).

Do not really want to see Smith at 13 because he simply is not good enough, but he is one of Cockerills blue eyed boys so he will play (but in my opinion he's rubbish on the wing).

We will see a bench like this:-

Castro
Stankovich
Chuter
Croft
B. Deacon
Grindall
Staunton
Tualigi

Lots of options there then.

Having said that we will win.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Re: Team for London Irish

Post by salcombe bob »

It seems having listened in far away South Devon to last night's Rugby Hour, which is a good programme, that Cockers will make one or two changes, Geordan I expect, and give the team a chance to redeem themselves! Is this wise? :smt039
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

"Is this wise?"

No!
hww27
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by hww27 »

It did say something in last nites Mercury about Cockerill basically keeping the same team as last week and only making a couple of changes.

Er - why?!

Still, hopefully now Floody's back from England duty we should at least get some decent kicks in....
Proud member of the Tom Youngs Fan Club :)
drc_007
Super User
Super User

Post by drc_007 »

I would have thought both Castro and Croft would start.

13 is a problem.
voice of the crumbie
Super User
Super User

Post by voice of the crumbie »

With Ryan Lamb likely to play for Irish no doubt we will see Tuilagi at some point given the effect he has had on him previously.

Six foot two
Eyes of blue
Alesana's after you

I'll get me coat!!
Tigers for the premiership and European Cup. Get behind the team and make some noise!!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Many managers before have sent out the same team that failed the week before with the clear message "sort it out".

And it can work.

Personally I think it would be a waste of the available talent to do that this time around, but thankfully it's Cockers who has the task and not me.
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
bluntiger
Super User
Super User

Post by bluntiger »

I will be shocked not to see Toby, Geordan and Castro in the starting XV this weekend.
Always a Tiger
Super User
Super User

Post by 4071 »

Kennedy will take our lineout apart.

I live in Holland now, so have only been able to watch televised games this season, but I utterly fail to see what Cockers sees in Mefin Davies.

He offers little in the loose and his lineout throwing is less accurate than Chuter's. He may be a solid scrummager, but I haven't see our scrum losing out with Chuter in there either.

Against LI, I would rather see Chuter than Davies starting.
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

Many managers before have sent out the same team that failed the week before with the clear message "sort it out".
It also sends a clear message to those who were not in that team that they are considered even worse than that 'lot of failures'.
GT1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by GT1 »

Castro`s knee heavily strapped last weekend maybe a sub at best on Sat.
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

4071 wrote:Kennedy will take our lineout apart.
If I were of the moaning type I would not have missed the opportunity to say,"what lineout"?,but luckily I'm that sort of fan.I'll go for the sack the backs coach for losing us the match last week. :smt002
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Post by kingol22 »

there maybe a chance croft starts as jhonson may want to see him play to see if he could come in for england for the final few games. also it gives us a stronger lineout
tigerburnie
Super User
Super User

Post by tigerburnie »

kingol22 wrote:there maybe a chance croft starts as jhonson may want to see him play to see if he could come in for england for the final few games. also it gives us a stronger lineout
Easy there Tiger,that was a positive post and about rugby too,is this really what should be on here? even though it's past the watershed of those with a nervous disposition. :smt004
"If you want entertainment, go to the theatre," says Edinburgh head coach Richard Cockerill. "Rugby players play the game to win.15/1/21.