Are we really top of the GP table ?

Forum to discuss everything that is Tigers related

Moderators: Tigerbeat, Rizzo, Tigers Press Office, Tigers Webmaster

APJones
Gold Member
Gold Member

Are we really top of the GP table ?

Post by APJones »

by my reckoning we have played one more game than Stains - if they win their game in hand they will be 3 points ahead of Tigers
we have played two more game than Sarries - if they win their games in hand they will also be 3 points ahead of Tigers
we have played two more games than the Insects - if they win their games in hand and possible bonus point they will be on the same points as Tigers.

We are out of Heinekin cup , out of the LV=cup and not leading the GP as we have been consoling ourselves since the last good game Tigers had ( insects at Welford rd)

Unless we start playing as a cohesive team, take points whenever possible, improve our passing and CATCHING of the ball, no more giving away silly unnecessary penalties and be more consistant throughout the game (i.e. be consistantly good with patches of brilliance ) we might not make the GP final
I have my tickets for the GP final already , I will keep the faith but we must play better.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apjones/collections/72157604067869830/
JOIN the Leicester Tigers Rugby photo group on Flickr LINK ABOVE
APJos and pit15
kingol22
Super User
Super User

Re: Are we really top of the GP table ?

Post by kingol22 »

we have 4 home games and worcester and newcastle away we have an easier run in than the other contenders wasps with a game in hand are 10 points behind irish come to welford road next week so we will open the gap on them sarries have to come to welford road so i think we should secure second at least.
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

If we lose all the remaining games we will not qualify for the HC next year!

Oh woe is me!

But I KEEP THE FAITH!
Still keeping the faith!
Goffer3404
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goffer3404 »

Pests lost today, so they are helping us, or at least Key and Backy's boys are!
Would Wasps have been in Pizza Hut last evening at 6.15pm if they were meant to be playing Saints?
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

And Sarries lose to Barf.

We are even more at the top than we were!!!
Still keeping the faith!
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Bill W (2) wrote:If we lose all the remaining games we will not qualify for the HC next year!

Oh woe is me!

But I KEEP THE FAITH!
Bill! It's worth than that!

I'm reliably told by the oh-so-clever pundits on this forum that we are like some muslims. Shi-ite.

We can't ruck, maul, pass, run, kick.... in fact our players are so weak they mess themselves if they don't have a full time nurse.

I long for the days when we had great players like Julian White, Castro, Cole, Kay, Deacon, Croft, Moody, Ellis, Flood, Hipkiss, Mauger, Tuilagi, Hamilton, Murphy etc etc etc.

Presumably we've lost all those players now that we're such utter tripe as described by previous posters?
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
Pete
Super User
Super User

Post by Pete »

I long for the days when we had great players like Julian White, Castro, Cole, Kay, Deacon, Croft, Moody, Ellis, Flood, Hipkiss, Mauger, Tuilagi, Hamilton, Murphy etc etc etc.

Presumably we've lost all those players now
Well we had lost 10 of these yesterday! Only 4 of them played and one of those was never a great player, just a great size.
Kinoulton
Super User
Super User

Post by Kinoulton »

Who? :smt017
Kicks and scrums and ruck and roll.....Is all my brain and body need!
willstarr
Top Cat
Top Cat

Post by willstarr »

Pete wrote:

Presumably we've lost all those players now
Well we had lost 10 of these yesterday! Only 4 of them played and one of those was never a great player, just a great size.
Can only assume you're talking about Tuilagi here....

I'm sorry, but have you only become a fan this season?!
Smurphswillgetya
Super User
Super User

Post by Smurphswillgetya »

If people get their kicks from being miserable all the time that's up to them.

Cold harsh reality is that we sit top of the GP despite losing this weekend. Yes they have a game in hand but there is no guarantee the others will win their game in hand.
Next fact is that we have scored more points than any team in GP (even more than Glos!!!)
We have conceded less points than any other team in the GP.
We have more try bonus points than any other team in the GP, this means that we have done better than the flair teams like Saints and Irish that everyone raves about so our backs cant be that bad.

This despite all the injuries and International call ups.
Next weeks game against L Irish is the last GP game in the 6N period. If we beat them we are then in a very strong position.

Considering the above I just wish I didnt feel compelled to support such a useless team and coach (or it the coach and horses :smt030 :smt030 :smt030 )
Of course this is my own opinion and other posters may have a different perceived factual viewpoint.
salcombe bob
Super User
Super User

Post by salcombe bob »

at least this year at Wuss we will have all players available as I can't recall, in the past several seasons, being to say that as we usually go to Sixways in the Intl period with half a team. :smt038
kevf
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by kevf »

just as a point to note... yesterday was the first GP game this season we haven't come away with a point at all.... every other game we have had win win+bonus(maybe not as many as we'd like) or when we have lost we have come away with the losing bonus...

just a thought at how :censored: we have been this season... :smt002
Growing old is mandatory growing up is opiotnal
Bill W (2)
Super User
Super User

Post by Bill W (2) »

kevf wrote:just as a point to note... yesterday was the first GP game this season we haven't come away with a point at all.... every other game we have had win win+bonus(maybe not as many as we'd like) or when we have lost we have come away with the losing bonus...

just a thought at how :censored: we have been this season... :smt002
OMG! If this trend continues we will be deducted points in the remaining matches!!

:smt013 :smt013 :smt013
Still keeping the faith!
POSTIGER
Super User
Super User

Post by POSTIGER »

We were rubbish on saturday but contrary to some reports we have played some good rugby this season and the league does not lie! Every other team in the premiership would like to be as 'bad' as us, i'm sure.
I saw Marika Vunibaka play